Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

WCSF Game 4 GDT- Blackhawks 0 @ Red Wings 2 - (DET leads series 3-1)

• Please log in to reply
905 replies to this topic

#41 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hoping we can take command if the series... I'm nervous about the officiating trying to make up for that bad no goal call

#42 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hoping we can take command if the series... I'm nervous about the officiating trying to make up for that bad no goal call

I'm nervous about the officials trying to make the series more "interesting" and profitable by tying it up at two games each.

#43 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

ops sorry for my english... game is correct ?  :innocent:

Welcome to the boards! Match works too, it's just more classy than what we're used to.

Is it just me or has this series been excellent?? It feels like we're in the 90s hounding Roy. Let's go wings!! How sweet would a 3-1 lead be??

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#44 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Going to need a _____ for this one as my dish got wrecked in recent storms. (row row row your boat, gently down the ____.)
  • Ram likes this
I'm offended that you're offended.

#45 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,026 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Don't play not to lose from the get go. Bring the play to Chicago, regular seasons gone, we're the better team right now. I think Howard has another good game, and Franzen and Cleary step up offensively tonight.

• DBR likes this

#NOMOREKINDL

#46 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

I think you're discrediting our players alittle too much. Have the Hawks not played to their full potential? Sure, one can say that but they're been very close to it. You have to look at the shutdown job that the Wings are providing. Babcock is simply out-coaching Quenvielle right now. Now that he's at home ice, he's ensuring that he gets the match-ups he wants. Zetterberg on Toews and Datsyuk on Kane. Our coach is doing a damn good job at ensuring we know how to neutralize the Blackhawks and our players and leadership cast have ensured that we're following the program. I think tonight is going to be a big game, as the Blackhawks are going to have to showcase everything they can to ensure they don't go down 3-1. Jimmy will have to get ready, but to completely dismiss our team and think that we're simply "hanging on" in this series is just asinine. Hopefully i'm just reading this completely wrong.

I was with you until you used the term assinine to describe your perception of my post. It was only a couple of games ago they dominated us for a lot of reasons, a major one being because we could not be counted on to show up every night.

Yes, you did mis read:  I pefaced  by stating "I hope it's not a case of...".

I don't know why I keep thinking I'll get respectful discourse here.

Chicago's had a little time to regroup and get their act together, reload, and come out gunsablazzin.  I hope we continue to beat them.

#47 Shendream

Shendream

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Welcome to the boards! Match works too, it's just more classy than what we're used to.

Ok thank's... match is used in italy :D we're old 

LET'S GO RED WINGS !!!!

#48 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

I'm nervous about the officials trying to make the series more "interesting" and profitable by tying it up at two games each.

I think the best thing the refs can do in this game for both teams is just let them play. Call anything flagrant/dangerous, otherwise their whistles need to be firmly planted in their asses to make them think twice before blowing them. Is this penalty worth having to taste your own asses, refs? The new litmus test.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#49 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Kipwinger-"Yeah they deserved to win that game in the same way that the kids camped out in New York deserve jobs. Entitled little s***s."

Post of the year lol #Octopi Chicago...

#50 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

We shall win. 

Thus it is written; thus shall it be.

By order of YFMB

10wqt699.jpg

#51 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

We shall win. 

Thus it is written; thus shall it be.

By order of YFMB
10wqt699.jpg

Thanks! I feel so much better now...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#52 oldredbarnman

oldredbarnman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Heading down for the game tonight. Last playoff  I attended, Franzen put in 4. He's due for another multi-goal night. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ram likes this

#53 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

If we can pull this off tonight ... wow.  C'mon boys, put it all out there and we'll have a strangle hold on the pesky Hawks.  

• DBR likes this

#54 Tman77

Tman77

Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

LOL. Awesome GDT FlashyGo Wings!!!

#55 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

I am definitely part of the population that is nervous for this game. Hawks haven't lost three in a row all year but the Wings are playing their best hockey all year. Going to be a great game and I will be cheering as loud as ever. LGW!

• DBR likes this

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#56 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

I am definitely part of the population that is nervous for this game. Hawks haven't lost three in a row all year but the Wings are playing their best hockey all year. Going to be a great game and I will be cheering as loud as ever. LGW!

That could mean they are due for their first 3 game losing streak...I think they're also due for their first PP goal surrendered.

• DBR likes this

#57 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

@stevelepore: Dave and Brian in Manhattan; Doc, Edzo and Pierre in Detroit; Forslund and Micheletti in Hollywood.

Good god why do the Hockey Gods hate us?!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#58 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Yeah they deserved to win that game in the same way that the kids camped out in New York deserve jobs.  Entitled little s***s.

People want jobs that will actually pay a living wage?

What a bunch of entitled little s***s.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#59 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

People want jobs that will actually pay a living wage?

What a bunch of entitled little s***s.

This isn't directed only at you. Everyone keep politics out of the thread.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#60 SliderJeff

SliderJeff

LETS GO WINGS!

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

GDT graphic down for anyone else? I want to see the hilarity too, darn it!  Let's Go Wings!!!

Edit:  Nevermind.  Stupid corporate firewall blocks the site the GDT pic is hosted on.  *sigh*

Edited by SliderJeff, 23 May 2013 - 05:52 PM.