Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

WCSF Game 4 GDT- Blackhawks 0 @ Red Wings 2 - (DET leads series 3-1)

• Please log in to reply
905 replies to this topic

#761 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Mr. Hockey just shook Mr. Howard's hand.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#762 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

NHL Network, just came on.

Thanks!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#763 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Looking to find post game with Q

He said a whole lot of nothing.

Is this... is this real life?

Booyah.

#764 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Everyone is talking about Tayes, but Hossa, Sharp, Kane and Keith have been invisible the whole series.  

All those guys are choking big time.  Kind of like us when we won the President's Trophy all those years, and had our stars disappear in the playoffs.

:thumbup:   (I'm out of "likes" again)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#765 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

You're paraphrasing - it's actually "We like our team." 

don't insult all the people who were calling for hollands head for not selling the farm, they had little faith, and really thought they were smarter than the most succesful hockey gm in the last 20 years...

#766 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Maybe Quenneville is the reason they're losing.

This guy just can't beat us in the playoffs even when he has the better team.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#767 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

i hope so, it would be terrible if I woke up right now, and I was actually a Toronto fan lol

#768 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

I don't know what to say but I have to start to believe in this team. Working hard, defense strong, as much as I wanna shake Filppula like a rag doll this team is getting it done. LGW!

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#769 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

don't insult all the people who were calling for hollands head for not selling the farm, they had little faith, and really thought they were smarter than the most succesful hockey gm in the last 20 years...

I'll give Babcock and Howard more credit for this playoff run than I will Holland.  

If Holland planned for us to be a 7 seed that barely makes the playoffs, only to go on a hot streak, then he is a genius after all.  But I don't think that's how it went down.   

#770 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

And it looks like they're getting better and playing with more confidence every game.  

#771 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'll give Babcock and Howard more credit for this playoff run than I will Holland.  

If Holland planned for us to be a 7 seed that barely makes the playoffs, only to go on a hot streak, then he is a genius after all.  But I don't think that's how it went down.   

no but he refused to sell the farm for rentals... one of those players being Nyquist who is a huge boost to our 3rd line

#772 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

no but he refused to sell the farm for rentals... one of those players being Nyquist who is a huge boost to our 3rd line

I don't want Nyquist gone, but I feel we have too many similar type players in the farm who are somewhat expendable.  

I'd love to see Tatar play if we go on further in the playoffs.  He could add goals to some line.     

#773 PenaltyShot 96

PenaltyShot 96

Youth Movement

• HoF Booster
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

WOW I love this team! The end of the third period was gorgeous katie-bar-the-door style hockey! Did the Blackhawks even register a shot in the last 5 minutes?

I got my wish - we broke their PK streak. Miller has been a beast ever since his broken hand miraculously healed. I forgot how much energy and heart he brings every night.

"That's what happens when Downey walks into a room...things die."

#774 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Henrik Zetterberg has had some magical moments in the NHL but turning Captain Serious into a petulant child might be his best work yet. Bravo, good sir.

#775 Joeyhodge

Joeyhodge

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Lol did anyone just see darren Elliott not know he was on TV and said "damnit"

#776 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

I don't want Nyquist gone, but I feel we have too many similar type players in the farm who are somewhat expendable.  

I'd love to see Tatar play if we go on further in the playoffs.  He could add goals to some line.     

Tatar Nyquist Ouellet Sproul and Mrazek are our most attractive prospects and would garner the best return, which is why Holland refused to deal them away, because they are to valuable to give away for nothing

#777 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

First 3 game losing streak of the season for the Hawks. First time ever Toews has taken 3 penalties in a game. I hope when Howard shook Gordies hand he told him we are trying to make up for the gaffe of a game the Wings played on his Birthday. (Unfortunately Gordie probably doesn't remember.... but maybe.)

#778 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Game 5 on National TV
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#779 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Unbelievable
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#780 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Lol did anyone just see darren Elliott not know he was on TV and said "damnit"

Tukka Rask dropped an f-bomb during his post game interview yesterday. NHL Network played four or five times before they finally edited it out. Looked like someone in the interviewer group was messing with his gear or something. He glanced over, took the question from a guy, then looked back and said "You f****** serious?" Moved whatever it was then turned back and went on to praise his fourth line.

Edited by Phil Lesh, 23 May 2013 - 10:36 PM.