Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

WCSF Game 4 GDT- Blackhawks 0 @ Red Wings 2 - (DET leads series 3-1)

• Please log in to reply
905 replies to this topic

#861 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Wow, playoffs haven't tasted this sweet in a while. Great shut-down effort by the whole team. Zetterberg turned captain composure into a clown. Howard was a black hole. Babcock was coaching circles around Quenneville to the point that he was convinced benching his stars was the best move. What a phenomenal night. I am still smiling about it.

Again, Chicago, you picked an awesome time for your first losing streak. Let's keep it running to 4!!

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#862 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

I thought it was that he wanted to play where his girlfriend is from & the fact that his wife is from there also contributed to his decision.

Does his wife know about his girlfriend?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#863 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

I wonder how banged up our guys are right now. I seen some of them take some big hits. Abby has taken more than his fair share, I’m surprised Cola wasn't injured when he flew into the net last night, Cleary, Kindle, Miller have also taken some awkward and hard hits.

Edited by RedWingsDad, 24 May 2013 - 09:56 AM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#864 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Nothing is done yet. Credit Holland and Babcock for this run. Drafting and coaching have been superb.
  • DBR likes this
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#865 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,951 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Do not wash that right hand.

That is awesome. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#866 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Does his wife know about his girlfriend?

I'm pretty sure she knows about Parise. 

#867 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Oh....gotcha!  ;)  I drank too much during the game last night.  Not all there this morning yet.

#868 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

Another great effort by the Wings!  Is it just me or are Toews' little hissy fits getting old? Grow a pair for christ's sake.   I was worried in the 1st period.  Jimmy really saved us there.  I was happy for Kindl.  The guy has taken alot of abuse over the years.  In the end he proved he is a capable NHL dman.  Even though we're still turning over the puck too much, the all out hustle is awesome to watch.  Remember last year we did not have a legit 4th line?  Now we do!  I love watching Miller and Eaves out there.  Even the Emdog!  HAHA   Ericsson just keeps getting better and better doesn't he?  He hit BIckell so hard, I don't think he knew where he was.  Kane is invisible and so is Hossa.  Sharp hasn't done much either.  Lets keep it that way.  I knew all season we could beat this team in the playoffs.  The s***hawks are proving to be the front running frauds I always thought they were.  All talent and no guts.  Game 5 will be tough for us to win but I think we can do it!  Jimmy is in the zone.  The only other goalie who is playing at his level right now is Quick.  I always wondered if Jimmy could steal us a game in the playoffs.  Well I think we know the answer to that question now don't we?  I will say it again...I am so proud of this Red Wings team.  They are showing what they are made of and it's pretty damn special.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#869 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

You know what?  I would personally like to see this kind of attitude about the wives/ladies left out of these conversations.  I'm guessing they go through enough crap as it is.  Thank you.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#870 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

Anyone else feel like eliminating Chicago would be just as sweet as winning the cup?

I know what you mean, believe me. Very very gratifying.

But no, not as sweet as winning the Stanley Cup.

Edited by T.Low, 24 May 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#871 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

I just love seeing how mature the Wings look compared to the Hawks whining to the refs. Zetter always looks so calm and composed.

#872 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

Another great effort by the Wings!  Is it just me or are Toews' little hissy fits getting old? Grow a pair for christ's sake.

I think it's funny how he was admiringly referred to as "Captain Serious" during the 2010 Cup run. Well, now he's Captain Useless. Or Captain Whine. Or whatever.

He should consider not wearing 19 anymore. He ain't fit to be aping the likes of Yzerman and Sakic.

Edited by Crymson, 24 May 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#873 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

You know what?  I would personally like to see this kind of attitude about the wives/ladies left out of these conversations.  I'm guessing they go through enough crap as it is.  Thank you.

Nothing distasteful was said about any of them....?  Parise was the butt of that joke.

#874 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

From SB Nation titled "Hawks Frustration Summed Up In One Gif." :

taves_zps4dcfa2c4.gif

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#875 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Toews has always been compared to Yzerman and I've never thought that was an accurate comparison.  Certainly not now.  I mean sure, Stevie would whine the odd time to the refs.  But to flat out embarrass yourself, your team and your fans the way he did last night was pathetic.  Does he really think the Wings have not been screwed by the refs in this series a few times?  All he has to do is look at Game 3 when Franzen gets plastered into the boards from behind which led to a Chicago goal.  You didn't see captain Hank whining to the refs.   Heck even Mule didn't put on a hissy fit like Toews does each game.  Mule even came back and set Dats up for a goal! 

You would think that Toews who has won a Cup would know what it takes to win in the playoffs.  How to set the tone for his own team.  Even if you are being screwed you don't throw tantrums.  Does he think he will get any calls go his way now that he has embarrassed the refs for 3 games in a row?

I love the resolve of the Wings and it all starts with Babs.  He stayed calm and said the team would be ok after losing Game 1.  He knew his team had no legs after playing a gruelling 7 game series vs Anaheim.  The Hawks are so psyched out right now they don't know what the hell to do.  If we can score the first goal on Saturday night, the Hawks balloon may pop for good.  I get the feeling they are hanging by a thread right now.  Quennville yelling at Crawford.  Shaw running around at the end Game 3.  Bickell getting rocked by Ericsson.  Hank is showing the leader we all knew he was and is.  Dats is amazing in all facets of the game.  I knew we would go as far as Dats and Hank could carry us. They lead the way.  But now I must say that Jimmy Howard is showing that he is a leader as well.  Look how he held us in last night in the 1st period.  He is getting better with each game.  He kind of reminds me of Bill Ranford back in the 1990 playoffs for the Oilers.

No one expected them to win a Cup after Gretzky left in 1988.  They beat the Jets in 7 games in the 1st round and then rolled from there getting better with each round.  Ranford was the main reason why.  So right now Hank is Messier and Jimmy is Ranford.  The Oilers had a KID LINE.  Mark Lamb and Joe Murphy (remember him Wings fans?)  I want to say Adam Graves was the other guy.  Or maybe it was Marty Gelinas?  Long time ago.  LOL  We have a kid line of Andersson-Nyquist and Brunner.  Ok so Brunner is not really a kid but he is an NHL rookie.

I don't know.  I may be stretching here but this Wings team reminds me of the 1990 Edmonton Oilers.  Lets hope we end up the same way as them!

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 24 May 2013 - 12:48 PM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#876 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Should I be more explicit next time?  Equating Parise as Suter's "girlfriend" in this case so no attitude about a wife/lady in my comment unless you consider Zach to be one. 

#877 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

So, I am not sure if I am interpreting this wrong but Q and they Hawks just keep saying they felt they are playing fine the last two games.

Whether that is true or not, shouldn't you just say you will make some adjustments and play harder in next games? I feel like them acting like they are playing fine and the same as when they were good in game 1 or the regular season they are basically just copping out and acting like they are unlucky, refs are bad, and none of the getting out worked by the Wings is their fault.

Maybe its just an extension of their arrogance this whole time...

I just want to keep reminding Hawk's fans that it wasn't a 24 game win streak they had... it was a 24 game, we didn't lose streak. Two hugely different things and shootout victories aren't really that big of a deal, they are circus shows.

#878 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

From SB Nation titled "Hawks Frustration Summed Up In One Gif." :

taves_zps4dcfa2c4.gif

Should have been thrown right back in the box for unsportsmanlike conduct.  But in the end it's funny as hell. 

#879 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Zetterberg prolly saying "U mad bro"

#880 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

@MarkLazerus: Toews on criticism: "When things go well for our team, sometimes I get more credit than I deserve, and same goes the other way." #Blackhawks

Trololololololol

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger