• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Here we are heading into the long holiday weekend. The sun is shining, and the Wings are still playing! Heck, we are 1 more win from another series! Truely awesome and shocking. Couldn't be happier!

The effort, the coaching, and Howard are the reasons why. Time to give all of those some serious love. No this is not the most talented team in the NHL. in fact the hawks are one of the most talented teams. ut we are out working them and out thinking them, thus we have a 3-1 lead. Babcock has once again shown he is the best coach in the business. He can coach a laoded AS team or a blue collar team that is lacking high end talent. Doesn't matter, he wins.

Jimmy is showing that he is truely one of the best in the game today. never to high, never to low, just goes out and does his job, and does it well. Showing he is worth every penny of his new contract.

This team has goen into the house money area. We are already further than anyone could have expected, and looks like we are not yet done. this is when things get fun. with nothing to lose, there is no pressure. With no pressure, guys play better and have fun. That is when teams become truely dangerous.

What a great year this has turned out to be! If it last for 1 more game or 15 more games, we as Wings fans have NOTHING to complain about.

#2 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,498 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

I guess Lidstrom was the problem the last few years :lol:

#3 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

ill be fully satisfied with at least one more win, and pittsburgh somehow not winning the cup.

not too lofty expectations.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#4 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Well said, Richdg. Happy Friday.

#5 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

I'm gonna go pitch tents for the Winnipeg Air Force run this afternoon and enjoy the fresh air even more knowing that I'll be indoors longer watching the Wings playoff run continue on.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#6 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Happy Friday!!

IPB Image

#7 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

I have to work all weekend so I am going to rain on this parade. 

#8 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

I have to work all weekend so I am going to rain on this parade. 

Make some dollar bills!

#9 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

I guess Lidstrom was the problem the last few years :lol:

This. He was clearly past his prime and lacked the energy and enthusiasm to carry us through the playoffs... I honestly think he should have retired years earlier but I'm sure I am in the minority on that.

(I troll)

Edited by RedWingsDad, 24 May 2013 - 02:43 PM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#10 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

^ we could still use him..... FAIL

Posted Image

#11 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

This. He was clearly past his prime and lacked the energy and enthusiasm to carry us through the playoffs... I honestly think he should have retired years earlier but I'm sure I am in the minority on that.

(I troll)

No it was not Nicky's fault. but the team did look to him to do everything, which often happens with superstars. now they can't look for someone else they have to do it themselves. it does change everyones mindset, and that can be a good thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users