• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Fleury - what would you do?

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

2 things:

1) The Pens are on the hook with this guy for 2 more years at 5 mil cap hit per and 11.5 mil total owed. What do you do if you're the Pittsburgh GM?

2) If you are Ken Holland, are you interested in Fleury as a back-up to Howard if Pittsbugh decides to buy him out? At what price?

2 things:

1) The Pens are on the hook with this guy for 2 more years at 5 mil cap hit per and 11.5 mil total owed. What do you do if you're the Pittsburgh GM?

2) If you are Ken Holland, are you interested in Fleury as a back-up to Howard if Pittsbugh decides to buy him out? At what price?

and do what with our current backup?

I think he'll get a chance somewhere at a starters salary. Also with how good Howard is playing and the new contract I don't think it would be fair or smart to put Howard in that situation. Could end up with another Luongo Schnieder situation.

Guest The Axe

and do what with our current backup?

I dont know! Thats the point. Pretend youre Ken Holland. You can say "stick" if you want.

Normally I'd say the Pens would hang on to him. However, they'll need to dump salary before next season I believe. Tough call.

As far as the Wings go, Jimmy's a work-horse. Play him as much as you can next year, and hope Monster is healthy and capable of playing a few games. Then bring Mrazek up for 14-15.

Maybe a stupid question, but why would they buy him out? He'll make about the same money as Jimmy Howard next season.

He had a good regular season and is part of their core. Vokoun will be 37 by the time next season begins. I doubt the Pens have soured on Fleury, despite the fact that Vokoun is playing right now.

Guest The Axe

Maybe a stupid question, but why would they buy him out? He'll make about the same money as Jimmy Howard next season.

He had a good regular season and is part of their core. Vokoun will be 37 by the time next season begins. I doubt the Pens have soured on Fleury, despite the fact that Vokoun is playing right now.

Seems like Pittsburgh has little confidence in him right now.

Eerily similar situation to 2008. Remember when Hasek started to s*** the bed during the 1st round vs Nashville that year? Put in Osgood, railed our way to the cup.

I don't think Pittsburgh is giving up on fluery... They are riding Vokoun because he is the hot goalie. Fluery will be their main horse once again when Vokoun stumbles theses playoffs... (Against Boston, I have a lot of faith in them beating Pitt) then fluery will get the net back.

2 things:

1. I think it's hilarious. f*** the Pens.

2. Absolutely not. You don't cut Howard off at the knees like that and Holland needs to use his cap space wisely to restock the defense.

Guest Crymson

2 things:

1) I buy him out.

2) Nope. He's mentally fragile, and his presence might cause unwanted tension.

Guest The Axe

1) I buy him out.

2) Nope. He's mentally fragile, and his presence might cause unwanted tension.

I agree. I think he's a liability.

1. I think it's hilarious. f*** the Pens.

2. Absolutely not. You don't cut Howard off at the knees like that and Holland needs to use his cap space wisely to restock the defense.

1. Agree f them

2. Are we watching the same team cuz with dd back I think our d is just fine.

I'm glad that a bench warmer is taking up $5 mill cap on their roster. God know who the hell else they can convince to join them if they had that cap space ...

No to OP's idea ... although I think the Monster is actually terrible ... even as a backup. His stats are horrible and whenever he starts, I count it a loss ... once in a blue moon, he surprises me but just terribly inconsistent.

2 things:

You are amazing, you've been on Mrazek's jock all year and now you talk about bringing in Fleury as a back up ? Make up your mind dude.

I don't think Shero would consider buying out Fleury because he probably still has some trade value even though it's diminished. Although he's proven to be miserable in the playoffs recently, he is talented and has performed well in the regular season, and there are definitely teams outside the playoff picture who would be interested in upgrading with an experienced netminder.

As for backing up Howard, I don't think it would be worth it. Even with Fleury's diminishing value on the market, and even if Pittsburgh bought out his contract, he would get at least $3 million from some team.

1. Agree f them

2. Are we watching the same team cuz with dd back I think our d is just fine.

I still don't trust Smith, Kindl or Coliacovo. None of them should be in a top 4 pair, when one of those 3 will be.

DD is a good player, but he's only a rookie. A steady veteran presence would be a very nice addition.

I still don't trust Smith, Kindl or Coliacovo. None of them should be in a top 4 pair, when one of those 3 will be.

DD is a good player, but he's only a rookie. A steady veteran presence would be a very nice addition.

Smith this time next year will be even better. He's still a rookie. And there's no reason to not expect Kindl to continue to improve now that he's found his confidence. As for CocaCola, well, he's not as awful as many make him out to be, but I doubt he fits into the team's long term plans.

Smith this time next year will be even better. He's still a rookie. And there's no reason to not expect Kindl to continue to improve now that he's found his confidence. As for CocaCola, well, he's not as awful as many make him out to be, but I doubt he fits into the team's long term plans.

If you want to go that way, you get a solid 4th d-man to fill out your top 4 and then put smith and kindl on the bottom pairing so they can develop.

Cola is not here for long and smith and kindl both are seeing their first real significant time this year. If in two yr ya still feel we need a d upgrade I'll be first to say I was wrong but from what I've seen our d is on the way up and big time.