• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

I don't think Shero would consider buying out Fleury because he probably still has some trade value even though it's diminished.  Although he's proven to be miserable in the playoffs recently, he is talented and has performed well in the regular season, and there are definitely teams outside the playoff picture who would be interested in upgrading with an experienced netminder.

As for backing up Howard, I don't think it would be worth it.  Even with Fleury's diminishing value on the market, and even if Pittsburgh bought out his contract, he would get at least $3 million from some team.

#22 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

1. Agree f them
2. Are we watching the same team cuz with dd back I think our d is just fine.

I still don't trust Smith, Kindl or Coliacovo.  None of them should be in a top 4 pair, when one of those 3 will be.

DD is a good player, but he's only a rookie.  A steady veteran presence would be a very nice addition.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#23 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

I still don't trust Smith, Kindl or Coliacovo.  None of them should be in a top 4 pair, when one of those 3 will be.

DD is a good player, but he's only a rookie.  A steady veteran presence would be a very nice addition.

Smith this time next year will be even better. He's still a rookie. And there's no reason to not expect Kindl to continue to improve now that he's found his confidence. As for CocaCola, well, he's not as awful as many make him out to be, but I doubt he fits into the team's long term plans.

#24 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

Smith this time next year will be even better. He's still a rookie. And there's no reason to not expect Kindl to continue to improve now that he's found his confidence. As for CocaCola, well, he's not as awful as many make him out to be, but I doubt he fits into the team's long term plans.

If you want to go that way, you get a solid 4th d-man to fill out your top 4 and then put smith and kindl on the bottom pairing so they can develop.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#25 saven

saven

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

Cola is not here for long and smith and kindl both are seeing their first real significant time this year. If in two yr ya still feel we need a d upgrade I'll be first to say I was wrong but from what I've seen our d is on the way up and big time.
In explanation of my avatar: for those who understand no explanation is necessary, for those who don't google federko.

#26 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

I thought about this same thing the other day.  Fleury is obviously skilled (1st overall draft pick....who wasn't a flop).  He's shown brilliance, but he's also shown crazy bad stuff regularly that you'd only expect to see in a blue moon with NHL goalies.

- 47th all-time win list with 249 (regular season)

- 20th all-time win list with 45 (playoffs)

- He's only 28

- Back to back Cup finals...winning one of them

Hard to believe they give up on that. 

With his problems being clearly mental, perhaps they think it could be an easy fix....then again, something like that may never be shaken has to be a consideration as well.

Edit: then again....maybe all the wins, etc. are due to team and not so much him?  For me, that makes some sense for regular season, but not so much playoffs.  No matter how good your roster is, it's tough to go very far in the playoffs without goaltending.  How much of a difference was there in the Pens from 2009 to 2012 playoffs for example?

Edited by toby91_ca, 27 May 2013 - 08:53 AM.