• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (DET leads series 3-2)

Rate this topic

Why does this organization teach its players not to retaliate or stick up for teammates?

I'll never understand that.

GMR, it HAS to be in the timing. Abby f***ed up majorly because he retaliated. We canNOT consistently do that kind of thing and expect to win. It's frustrating as hell but they gotta pick their battles. Like Ericsson did with Bickell.

I don't want to say abby cost us the game, but man that PP would have been nice. That changed the whole game

Maybe.

You have to plan on killing at least 4 penalties every game, and getting about the same number of powerplays. Doesn't matter whether it's a smart penalty or a stupid one, the PK situation stays the same.

Our special teams tonight was plain terrible. I was furious at Abby for being a moron, but in retrospect, we'd have lost the game anyway.

Also the announcers are making a big deal about Toews scoring. Well, that's 4 goals now in like 35 or 36 playoff games. Not that scary. We'll see what Monday brings.

I'll only get nervous if we drop game 6. Game 5 I fully expected to lose.

TOEWS HAS BROKEN THROUGH!!!!!

f*** off nbc and Hawks fan!

How dare the fans be upset when their team doesn't even try? :rolleyes:

The team essentially didn't show up. In a playoff game no less. One thing to lose, another thing not to show up. What do you expect people to feel like?

I thought we'd try to stage some kind of comeback in the 3rd, but I don't even remember Crawford having to make a save. Instead, all the pressure was on Howard.

You and most fans fall into this trap that if a team didn't win or score a bunch of goals, they didn't show up. News flash, there's a competitor on the ice also. The wings looking 'not as good as last game' has a lot to do with the desperation of the better team they are playing against. Fans have a hard time distinguishing between a team not showing up and the other team playing better. Chicago didn't allow us to control the game. We weren't able to impose our will. But the Wings showed up. Game 1 I would say the wings didn't show up, and this was a better effort than game 1 was, much better effort. Just not as good as games 2-4.

But again, you cannot expect a team to win every game, nor play at such a high level, EVERY GAME.

Oh and by the way, because we won game 4 it would appear that we 'showed up to play', but if you ask me, we got very lucky. Howard was left out to dry but came up big (stole the game), and also had a lot of puck luck and goal posts help him out (not discrediting Howard, but we got the bounces).

I'm just tired of reading "we didn't show up" if we lose a game. Chicago fans were saying the same after all their losses. Chicago played pretty decently in games 3 and 4, we just played better.

GMR, it HAS to be in the timing. Abby f***ed up majorly because he retaliated. We canNOT consistently do that kind of thing and expect to win. It's frustrating as hell but they gotta pick their battles. Like Ericsson did with Bickell.

What did Ericsson do with Bickell?

Guys like Ericsson, Smith and Abby have been on the ice against Bickell, when he's tried to run at Zetterberg and Kronwall. They could have fought him after the whistle, instead they did nothing.

Now he goes and drills our best defenseman into the boards. If Kronwall misses games, we likely lose the series.

That's on Babcock and the players from having this sissy mentality all these years.

I sincerely hope to get a better feeling about game 6 because I called it tonight chi is the only team that scares me I am not bothered by la sj bos or pit because i know we get by chi we got it...but we have to get by chi simple as that if we don't.........wow that is heartbreaking I am worried but its not from lack of faith it knowledge of the game I play goalie I have for 16 years I have had my share of dissapointments and highs but I want us to get this over with mon if we don't think the advantage goes to chi bank on that

Fair enough, but please do not come into the game 6 thread on monday and start posting about how you have a bad feeling about that game too. It gives a bad vibe to the thread. Yeah they played like garbage tonight, but please bring positivity to the thread on Monday okay? We will need it!

You and most fans fall into this trap that if a team didn't win or score a bunch of goals, they didn't show up. News flash, there's a competitor on the ice also. The wings looking 'not as good as last game' has a lot to do with the desperation of the better team they are playing against. Fans have a hard time distinguishing between a team not showing up and the other team playing better. Chicago didn't allow us to control the game. We weren't able to impose our will. But the Wings showed up. Game 1 I would say the wings didn't show up, and this was a better effort than game 1 was, much better effort. Just not as good as games 2-4.

But again, you cannot expect a team to win every game, nor play at such a high level, EVERY GAME.

Oh and by the way, because we won game 4 it would appear that we 'showed up to play', but if you ask me, we got very lucky. Howard was left out to dry but came up big (stole the game), and also had a lot of puck luck and goal posts help him out (not discrediting Howard, but we got the bounces).

I'm just tired of reading "we didn't show up" if we lose a game. Chicago fans were saying the same after all their losses. Chicago played pretty decently in games 3 and 4, we just played better.

Fair enough, but I just didn't see a great effort and desire to finish the series tonight from the Wings.

I knew Chicago would bring it, but I expected a better fight in return.

We will win game 6 guys. Just relax. Chicago was too good to go down in 5. Simple as that. I am amazed we won game 4 honestly. I kept telling people at work all day on game 4 day that it would be 'too good to be true' to go up 3-1 in the series. But we did. Now Chicago has the daunting taks of coming to a college like atmosphere in Detroit again. We are winning this in 6!

Fair enough, but please do not come into the game 6 thread on monday and start posting about how you have a bad feeling about that game too. It gives a bad vibe to the thread. Yeah they played like garbage tonight, but please bring positivity to the thread on Monday okay? We will need it!

deal you got it I am sorry if I took anyones fun away tonight I sincerely didn't mean to just trying to be realist

Fair enough, but I just didn't see a great effort and desire to finish the series tonight from the Wings.

I knew Chicago would bring it, but I expected a better fight in return.

But in a weird way, don't you actually feel a oddly better that we got blown out tonight versus had we lost it in 2OT or something very dramatic like that? I do. If we were going to lose I didn't want it to be close, and it wasn't.

I think everyone needs to relax a bit. First of all, I thought the officiating was similar to game 3 in that the refs called us for garbage all night and let the Hawks get away with a lot and then we get pwoerplays at the end when the game is already over to even things out. On their 2nd and 3rd goals on their powerplay, there got away with CLEAR interference and the end result was two pucks in the back of our net. Now, officiating is not the only reason we lost, but it is clear that all of Toews's whining paid off.

Also the Red Wings were lacking energy, particularly Fil and Franzen. Smith looked like he had lots of trouble controlling the puck and to me it seemed like Babs was not playing Kronners enough. Going into game 6 I think Babs would be wise to play Pavs and Hank together if the Hawks keep Toews, Kane and Sharp together and match them up. I expect the Wings will be ready to roll on Monday and close out this series with a lot more energy with the help of our leaders.

Terrible game. Terrible broadcasting. I knew something like this would happen.... I don't think the Hawks could or would go down in 4 straight losses. I had no problem losing this game, as I thought Game 4 would be the one where the Hawks would come up with the win. The good news is we can close them out on home ice in Game 6.

What did Ericsson do with Bickell?

Guys like Ericsson, Smith and Abby have been on the ice against Bickell, when he's tried to run at Zetterberg and Kronwall. They could have fought him after the whistle, instead they did nothing.

Now he goes and drills our best defenseman into the boards. If Kronwall misses games, we likely lose the series.

That's on Babcock and the players from having this sissy mentality all these years.

I'm talking about the legitimate hit on Bickell on the boards when he couldn't even skate till he finally picked himself up after two flops. What do you think's gonna happen if Ericsson or even Abby get called for retaliation penalties (which very well could be set up by the Hawks, ala tonight with Abby.) Where does that get us? How do we win with that? Maybe get Tootoo in to pound the crap out of Whoever, but again he is not an offensive threat and there's no way Babcock's gonna put him in the game at this point. Not sure how you think what you're proposing is going to help us win games. And that's the bottom line.

Please excuse the fact that this is the GDT from Game 1. Inexplicedly, my file for today was lost. Wouldn't you know it?

It might as well of been game one. Just make sure you never use a GDT graphic from a loss again. In not blaming you or saying you jinxed us or anything like that, the wings were due for a sloppy game. But it just sets a weird mood on the board.

I wanna see Howard make it to round 3 for the first time. He has earned it in my book. And I've been a bit skeptical of him the last couple of years. But this year he's showed a lot. We've been asking for a goalie that can steal a game or two since Hasek. And we got em now. And Hasek had A TON more talent around him to help.

We have completely blatent breakdowns and Howard has bailed us out countless times all series. That's what you want. Just like Quick.

It might as well of been game one. Just make sure you never use a GDT graphic from a loss again. In not blaming you or saying you jinxed us or anything like that, the wings were due for a sloppy game. But it just sets a weird mood on the board.

I don't think it had anything to do with the loss. It may have set a weird mood for you but not for me.

I'm talking about the legitimate hit on Bickell on the boards when he couldn't even skate till he finally picked himself up after two flops. What do you think's gonna happen if Ericsson or even Abby get called for retaliation penalties (which very well could be set up by the Hawks, ala tonight with Abby.) Where does that get us? How do we win with that? Maybe get Tootoo in to pound the crap out of Whoever, but again he is not an offensive threat and there's no way Babcock's gonna put him in the game at this point. Not sure how you think what you're proposing is going to help us win games. And that's the bottom line.

I'm not talking about retaliation. I'm talking about challenging a guy to a fight when he's jabbing your best players in the back of their heads after every whistle. You're just not used to seeing a Wings player actually challenging another guy to a fair fight.

Bickell would have obliged Smith or Ericsson in a fight. They just never tried.

It would help us, because it would deter Bickell the rest of the series. If he was Dave Brown or Tony Twist, it likely wouldn't work, since those guys were beasts. But Bickell is a fake tough guy. Nobody wants to act tough when they know they have to fight afterwards. However, if they know there's no retaliation coming, they keep acting tough. So would I in Bickell's place. It's not even about who's fighting you. It's just easier to be an ******* when you know you don't have to pay for it.