Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

WCSF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (DET leads series 3-2)

• Please log in to reply
684 replies to this topic

#461 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Well it would be great if we could mount a comeback here. Imo going into a Game 6 with sort of a must-win situation is not ideal, so we should do everything to try and get back in this game. 

Babcock needs to make some adjustments. On the PP to start the period, pair up Dats and Z. Play Smith little or no time at all. Give the 3rd line more icetime. Move Franzen and Filppula. 

Don't take any more silly penalties and get a real PUSH going towards the Chicago net. They'll get a bit nervous if we get a goal in the first 5-10 minutes of the period so I think we have a chance. 

#462 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Chicago is a mentally fragile team if we come out firing and hitting everything we can get back in this. Atleast make them battle for a win. Chicago is already chirping cause they have a lead lets shut them up and make them nervous

#463 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Wings look disorganized and frustrated. That is disheartening. The cynic in me knew it was only a matter of time before Toews got on the board. I hope we didn't wake up the giant we've all been told about. Have to try real hard not to be bipolar about this. I just feel like giving Chicago back their confidence and swagger and momentum is bad for the Wings.

Score on the power play, limit Smith, and then I feel a win coming.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#464 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

dont worry, wings will take it to ot. and then it's again anybody's game.

#465 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

we cannot I mean CANT! let the hawks win this game if they do .......yeah that brings them back in the series if it was any other team id shrug it off but if you back them in the corner and cant end it there will be trouble

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#466 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Pedal to the metal here lets go!!

#467 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Do they film every cup segment with Chicago, my god can this coverage be anymore bias? They show a soldier he is a hawk fan, do we get the wings soldier, nope. It's like I am watch comcast sportsnet chicago!

#468 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

some really dumb play by abdelkader.  shocking!

#469 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

Well it would be great if we could mount a comeback here. Imo going into a Game 6 with sort of a must-win situation is not ideal, so we should do everything to try and get back in this game. 

Babcock needs to make some adjustments. On the PP to start the period, pair up Dats and Z. Play Smith little or no time at all. Give the 3rd line more icetime. Move Franzen and Filppula. 

Don't take any more silly penalties and get a real PUSH going towards the Chicago net. They'll get a bit nervous if we get a goal in the first 5-10 minutes of the period so I think we have a chance. 

yes, Babs definitely should adjust to what Quennville has done with his lines, but sometimes he can be so damn stubborn and wait too long to do it

hope doesn't wait too long tonight b/c we still have time to make a game of it

#470 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

This team has been shaking off losses ALL playoffs. If we loss tonight(and yes we still have 20 minutes to pull it out) Babs will have them ready on Monday night. We are the team playing with house money and Chicago is the team that has the piano on their back.

You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#471 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Abby is awful tonight. Stupid penalty again and he's the reason the puck didn't get out for starters.

Pretty much responsible for two goals.  ... :unhappy: ...I think...

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#472 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,300 posts

Wish folks earlier today were not talking like the series was all ready over. A lot of hockey to play still
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#473 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:14 PM

Pretty much responsible for two goals.  ... :unhappy: ...I think...

Abby is in need of redemption

scoring goals is good for that, I hear

#474 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

This team has been shaking off losses ALL playoffs. If we loss tonight(and yes we still have 20 minutes to pull it out) Babs will have them ready on Monday night. We are the team playing with house money and Chicago is the team that has the piano on their back.

Yeah all is not lost if we drop this game, but you don't want to give a team like Chicago life. If anyone can mount a comeback and win 3 straight, it's them against us. Also if they force this series to 6 or 7 and we win, that extra fatigue could hurt us next round. So either way winning tonight would be much better. 

#475 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Just makes me realize it would have been too good to be true if we would have beat the Hawks in 5 games. Not over but doesn't look good either.

#476 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Wish folks earlier today were not talking like the series was all ready over. A lot of hockey to play still

this iv seen a lot of ppl cocky about us being up 3-1 this is chi they aren't number 1 for nothing

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#477 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yeah all is not lost if we drop this game, but you don't want to give a team like Chicago life. If anyone can mount a comeback and win 3 straight, it's them against us. Also if they force this series to 6 or 7 and we win, that extra fatigue could hurt us next round. So either way winning tonight would be much better. 

I hear that, but a few people sound like they are ready to go over the falls because we may not win 4 straight games against the #1 seed.

You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#478 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

how do you miss the net by that much kronner?

#479 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Besides if we let the Hawks win this game plus two more, we deserve to lose.

#480 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

did doc have a heart attack on that last chance haha