Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

WCSF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (DET leads series 3-2)

• Please log in to reply
684 replies to this topic

#581 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

"WE DID THIS FOR OUR FANS.  THEY HAVE STOOD BEHIND US FOR SO MANY YEARS.  WE LOVE YOU TOO, CHICAGO!  SERIES OVER!!!"

#582 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Guys calm the F down.   My god.  We have them by the throat.  Remember a couple years ago when we went down 3-1 to the sharks?  Game 5 we beat their ass something like 5-1, then lost in 6. 

It is not surprising that we were due for a bit of a let down and they were due for a big game.  Actually, I was hoping we'd lose badly.  Sometimes your team needs a good reminder.  We'll get them in 6.

If we don't get game 6, then I'd be worried.

But EVEN IF we lost in 7, which sucks, they have over achieved this year.  Chicago should win, they have more talent. 

But just remember, we still have the upper hand.  We'll get them on Monday.  Stop being such fanatics. 

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#583 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

So, we watch three stars in Chicago but NBC signs off like there's a fire in the booth when the Wings win?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#584 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

Guys calm the F down.   My god.  We have them by the throat.  Remember a couple years ago when we went down 3-1 to the sharks?  Game 5 we beat their ass something like 5-1, then lost in 6. 

It is not surprising that we were due for a bit of a let down and they were due for a big game.  Actually, I was hoping we'd lose badly.  Sometimes your team needs a good reminder.  We'll get them in 6.

If we don't get game 6, then I'd be worried.

But EVEN IF we lost in 7, which sucks, they have over achieved this year.  Chicago should win, they have more talent. 

But just remember, we still have the upper hand.  We'll get them on Monday.  Stop being such fanatics. 

We were down 3-0 to the Sharks.  Won game 4, and lost game 5.

That series was already over.  This one can still go either way.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 25 May 2013 - 10:03 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#585 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

That's what we deserve for being dickless.   :busted_red:

I told you guys someone should have challenged Bickell throughout the series.  Neuter him and he'll slow down.  It's called deterrence.

Instead, he injures one of our most important players.  

torres would get a suspension for that hit

#586 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Get them next game. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#587 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Here's to Monday. The NBC crew will have plenty of time to floss and get the Toews out of their teeth. We were flat tonight, but I'm still hella proud of this team and will not count them out of anything until the fat lady sings her heart out. Chicago has been a beast of a team all year, I certainly don't expect them to roll over for us.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#588 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

When the hawks are winning theyre not cheepshot dooshbags, go figure!

You watch the end of the game?   :no2:   This is why they will remain losers no matter what happens.  This is also why I'd like to see the Wings knock that arrogant, bullying s*** out of them.  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#589 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Oh well, get 'em Monday in front of the home fans with last change.

#590 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

The only explanation I can provide for such a lazy, slow game by the Wings is that they wanted to extinguish all the built up anger that the Hawks had to ensure that when the Wings do win, and they will, that they can avoid all the cheapshots and injuries that tonight would have provided had they came out a played a full game. Now the Hawks aren't as angry and in my opinion probably have less momentum now after such a slow and boring game and the Wings can catch them off guard at home and finish them off. Chess move by Babcock?

#591 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Alright, we lost. Next game is at home and will post in greater length what I think about this later/tomorrow. Just this for the moment : Another valuable lesson for our young guns and the Wings I saw this in this years playoffs didn't show up in period 3 for some reason. So I'm pretty optimistic about game 6.  Good Night guys.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#592 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

You watch the end of the game?   :no2:   This is why they will remain losers no matter what happens.  This is also why I'd like to see the Wings knock that arrogant, bullying s*** out of them.  

Why does this organization teach its players not to retaliate or stick up for teammates?

I'll never understand that.

#593 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

We were down 3-0 to the Sharks.  Won game 4, and got killed in game 5.

That series was already over.  This one can still go either way.  

You guys are acting JUST LIKE the chicago fans were acting on their boards after a loss.  the same people losing their minds here were praising the wings just this morning.  It should have been expected not to win this game, IN CHICAGO!  You knew chicago was going to show up with everything they had.  It's hard to do that two straight games. 

Now we go back home.  If chicago beats us there, they deserve to win the series. 

God man.  Fans are so wishywashy.  People need to stay more even keel.  Look at the bigger picture.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

#594 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

I sincerely hope to get a better feeling about game 6 because I called it tonight chi is the only team that scares me I am not bothered by la sj bos or pit because i know we get by chi we got it...but we have to get by chi simple as that if we don't.........wow that is heartbreaking I am worried but its not from lack of faith it knowledge of the game I play goalie I have for 16 years I have had my share of dissapointments and highs but I want us to get this over with mon if we don't think the advantage goes to chi bank on that

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#595 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Here's to Monday. The NBC crew will have plenty of time to floss and get the Toews out of their teeth. We were flat tonight, but I'm still hella proud of this team and will not count them out of anything until the fat lady sings her heart out. Chicago has been a beast of a team all year, I certainly don't expect them to roll over for us.

Its soooooo over the top its nauseating!!!

#596 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

Out of their teeth?  They need stomach pumps after tonight.

#597 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

You guys are acting JUST LIKE the chicago fans were acting on their boards after a loss.  the same people losing their minds here were praising the wings just this morning.  It should have been expected not to win this game, IN CHICAGO!  You knew chicago was going to show up with everything they had.  It's hard to do that two straight games. 

Now we go back home.  If chicago beats us there, they deserve to win the series. 

God man.  Fans are so wishywashy.  People need to stay more even keel.  Look at the bigger picture.

How dare the fans be upset when their team doesn't even try?   :rolleyes:   

The team essentially didn't show up.  In a playoff game no less.  One thing to lose, another thing not to show up.  What do you expect people to feel like?  

I thought we'd try to stage some kind of comeback in the 3rd, but I don't even remember Crawford having to make a save.  Instead, all the pressure was on Howard.  

#598 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Also the announcers are making a big deal about Toews scoring.  Well, that's 4 goals now in like 35 or 36 playoff games.  Not that scary.  We'll see what Monday brings.

I'll only get nervous if we drop game 6.  Game 5 I fully expected to lose.

#599 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Why does this organization teach its players not to retaliate or stick up for teammates?

I'll never understand that.

'Are you soft?'

#600 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

20 secs later they dooshed it up and i corrected myself....wishful thinking