• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (DET leads series 3-2)

Rate this topic

Babs said it best in his mid-game coaches interview. When we play like we played tonight, the Hawks look fast. I think we were right back to the tentative, no tape-to-tape passing, defensive zone turning-over team that shows up every game we lose. It's like every few nights the boys want one off. Let's finish this off next game with a little of the elevated play we've come to love.

Couple people on radio talking about how Q did better with matchups since they were the home team. Well, obviously. It only took 3 games of this series for Babs to school Q on how to handle line matchups. Its like either the fans are too dumb to realize its part of the strategy of a game or Q and his team were so arrogant at the start of the series that they could just roll their 4 lines one after the other ignoring matchups because they think they are that good.

Hawks/Q got a free coaching lesson from Babs though.

I'd also like to point out that last ngiht the 4th elbow of the series from the Hawks targetting a Wings head (not even counting cross checks to the head). Still not a peep out of the league office. Apparently only if its a shoulder during a check is the league going to make it a point to stop targetting the head, if its flying elbow wrestling moves or using your hand to smash a head into the glass, its ok and sometimes not even called a penalty. Getting sick of hypocritical NHL. Uses bonecrunching hits and fights in commercials to market the league while suspending certain players they want but not all... get consistent and stop talking out of the side of your mouths.

Talking out of the side of their what?... :lookaround:

Since nobody really thought the wings would ever be in this situation this year (including me), I'm finding myself paying more attention to the situations that continue to present themselves for the youngsters. What a bunch of learning experiences they've gained this year versus having to wait until next year, all because they bought in and were able to get through game 7 of the Ducks. Every situation is different, including this one. We'll see how the young guys respond to getting blown out and now some pressure is on them to win this game. I still say 90% of the pressure is on Chicago to win, since they are the Presidents cup winners and have the high expectations.

I will be a little disappointed if we didn't win this series, but at least it would be a collapse to the best team in the league. But let's just hope the wings get it done tomorrow.

Couple people on radio talking about how Q did better with matchups since they were the home team. Well, obviously. It only took 3 games of this series for Babs to school Q on how to handle line matchups. Its like either the fans are too dumb to realize its part of the strategy of a game or Q and his team were so arrogant at the start of the series that they could just roll their 4 lines one after the other ignoring matchups because they think they are that good.

Hawks/Q got a free coaching lesson from Babs though.

I'd also like to point out that last ngiht the 4th elbow of the series from the Hawks targetting a Wings head (not even counting cross checks to the head). Still not a peep out of the league office. Apparently only if its a shoulder during a check is the league going to make it a point to stop targetting the head, if its flying elbow wrestling moves or using your hand to smash a head into the glass, its ok and sometimes not even called a penalty. Getting sick of hypocritical NHL. Uses bonecrunching hits and fights in commercials to market the league while suspending certain players they want but not all... get consistent and stop talking out of the side of your mouths.

Talking out of the side of their what?... :lookaround:

Sometimes I type too fast when I am excited and trying to get thoughts out of my brain and onto a page/post...hehe

Hehe... ok I will redeem myself with this. I want to go back to making them feel like this and I wish I got CBC broadcasts... like 10x better opening than NBC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnt-urnBcis

This is wonderful, Rhah. If you haven't already, please consider putting it on the GD thread tomorrow and the X Number of Posts one too. Thanks for this!

2010 , Game 4, Detroit 7 - San Jose 1. We all know how that ended

2009, Game 5, Detroit 5 - Pens 1. We all know how that ended.

There's lots more examples, but we should all have seen enough playoff hockey to know that blowing a team out at home when your back is against the wall means NOTHING. If anything, it makes the Wings comes out harder than a 3-2 triple OT loss would.

Or s***, a few weeks ago when the Ducks beat us 4-0. And speaking of that, I love how for once we're the team to win the series after being blown out. Remember in 2007 too when the Ducks (the stupid assholes) beat us after we beat them 5-0 in game 4 (I think it was game 4)? Feels good to be on the other side.