Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

WCSF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (DET leads series 3-2)

• Please log in to reply
684 replies to this topic

#601 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

I don't want to say abby cost us the game, but man that PP would have been nice. That changed the whole game

#602 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Why does this organization teach its players not to retaliate or stick up for teammates?

I'll never understand that.

GMR, it HAS to be in the timing.  Abby f***ed up majorly because he retaliated.  We canNOT consistently do that kind of thing and expect to win.  It's frustrating as hell but they gotta pick their battles.  Like Ericsson did with Bickell.  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#603 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

I don't want to say abby cost us the game, but man that PP would have been nice. That changed the whole game

Maybe.

You have to plan on killing at least 4 penalties every game, and getting about the same number of powerplays.  Doesn't matter whether it's a smart penalty or a stupid one, the PK situation stays the same.

Our special teams tonight was plain terrible.  I was furious at Abby for being a moron, but in retrospect, we'd have lost the game anyway.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#604 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

Also the announcers are making a big deal about Toews scoring.  Well, that's 4 goals now in like 35 or 36 playoff games.  Not that scary.  We'll see what Monday brings.

I'll only get nervous if we drop game 6.  Game 5 I fully expected to lose.

TOEWS HAS BROKEN THROUGH!!!!!
f*** off nbc and Hawks fan!

#605 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

Chess move by Babcock?

2616703614_da5f53e7e3_zps7c3c2322.jpg

Edit: We're team blouses.

Edit again: Toews

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 25 May 2013 - 10:06 PM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#606 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

How dare the fans be upset when their team doesn't even try?   :rolleyes:   

The team essentially didn't show up.  In a playoff game no less.  One thing to lose, another thing not to show up.  What do you expect people to feel like?  

I thought we'd try to stage some kind of comeback in the 3rd, but I don't even remember Crawford having to make a save.  Instead, all the pressure was on Howard.

You and most fans fall into this trap that if a team didn't win or score a bunch of goals, they didn't show up.  News flash, there's a competitor on the ice also.  The wings looking 'not as good as last game' has a lot to do with the desperation of the better team they are playing against.  Fans have a hard time distinguishing between a team not showing up and the other team playing better.  Chicago didn't allow us to control the game.  We weren't able to impose our will.  But the Wings showed up.  Game 1 I would say the wings didn't show up, and this was a better effort than game 1 was, much better effort.  Just not as good as games 2-4.

But again, you cannot expect a team to win every game, nor play at such a high level, EVERY GAME.

Oh and by the way, because we won game 4 it would appear that we 'showed up to play', but if you ask me, we got very lucky.  Howard was left out to dry but came up big (stole the game), and also had a lot of puck luck and goal posts help him out (not discrediting Howard, but we got the bounces).  

I'm just tired of reading "we didn't show up" if we lose a game.  Chicago fans were saying the same after all their losses.  Chicago played pretty decently in games 3 and 4, we just played better.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#607 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

GMR, it HAS to be in the timing.  Abby f***ed up majorly because he retaliated.  We canNOT consistently do that kind of thing and expect to win.  It's frustrating as hell but they gotta pick their battles.  Like Ericsson did with Bickell.  

What did Ericsson do with Bickell?

Guys like Ericsson, Smith and Abby have been on the ice against Bickell, when he's tried to run at Zetterberg and Kronwall.  They could have fought him after the whistle, instead they did nothing.

Now he goes and drills our best defenseman into the boards.  If Kronwall misses games, we likely lose the series.  

That's on Babcock and the players from having this sissy mentality all these years.  

#608 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Damn we let this one get away must win Monday

#609 Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

I sincerely hope to get a better feeling about game 6 because I called it tonight chi is the only team that scares me I am not bothered by la sj bos or pit because i know we get by chi we got it...but we have to get by chi simple as that if we don't.........wow that is heartbreaking I am worried but its not from lack of faith it knowledge of the game I play goalie I have for 16 years I have had my share of dissapointments and highs but I want us to get this over with mon if we don't think the advantage goes to chi bank on that

Fair enough, but please do not come into the game 6 thread on monday and start posting about how you have a bad feeling about that game too. It gives a bad vibe to the thread. Yeah they played like garbage tonight, but please bring positivity to the thread on Monday okay? We will need it!

#610 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

TOEWS HAS BROKEN THROUGH!!!!!
f*** off nbc and Hawks fan!

And it was a PP goal to boot... Losers

#611 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

You and most fans fall into this trap that if a team didn't win or score a bunch of goals, they didn't show up.  News flash, there's a competitor on the ice also.  The wings looking 'not as good as last game' has a lot to do with the desperation of the better team they are playing against.  Fans have a hard time distinguishing between a team not showing up and the other team playing better.  Chicago didn't allow us to control the game.  We weren't able to impose our will.  But the Wings showed up.  Game 1 I would say the wings didn't show up, and this was a better effort than game 1 was, much better effort.  Just not as good as games 2-4.

But again, you cannot expect a team to win every game, nor play at such a high level, EVERY GAME.

Oh and by the way, because we won game 4 it would appear that we 'showed up to play', but if you ask me, we got very lucky.  Howard was left out to dry but came up big (stole the game), and also had a lot of puck luck and goal posts help him out (not discrediting Howard, but we got the bounces).  

I'm just tired of reading "we didn't show up" if we lose a game.  Chicago fans were saying the same after all their losses.  Chicago played pretty decently in games 3 and 4, we just played better.

Fair enough, but I just didn't see a great effort and desire to finish the series tonight from the Wings.  

I knew Chicago would bring it, but I expected a better fight in return.  

#612 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

We will win game 6 guys.  Just relax.  Chicago was too good to go down in 5.  Simple as that.  I am amazed we won game 4 honestly.  I kept telling people at work all day on game 4 day that it would be 'too good to be true' to go up 3-1 in the series.  But we did.  Now Chicago has the daunting taks of coming to a college like atmosphere in Detroit again.  We are winning this in 6!

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

#613 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

Fair enough, but please do not come into the game 6 thread on monday and start posting about how you have a bad feeling about that game too. It gives a bad vibe to the thread. Yeah they played like garbage tonight, but please bring positivity to the thread on Monday okay? We will need it!

deal you got it I am sorry if I took anyones fun away tonight I sincerely didn't mean to just trying to be realist

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#614 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Get it all out of our systems tonight....team was dismal so fans be dismal to if ya need to.... Tmmrrw we start to rage positivity again!!!!

Wings in 6!!!

But they sucked tonite!

#615 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 176 posts

Bring tootoo in for every bickell and shaw shift lol

#616 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts

Fair enough, but I just didn't see a great effort and desire to finish the series tonight from the Wings.  

I knew Chicago would bring it, but I expected a better fight in return.  

But in a weird way, don't you actually feel a oddly better that we got blown out tonight versus had we lost it in 2OT or something very dramatic like that?  I do.  If we were going to lose I didn't want it to be close, and it wasn't.

#617 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

I think everyone needs to relax a bit. First of all, I thought the officiating was similar to game 3 in that the refs called us for garbage all night and let the Hawks get away with a lot and then we get pwoerplays at the end when the game is already over to even things out. On their 2nd and 3rd goals on their powerplay, there got away with CLEAR interference and the end result was two pucks in the back of our net. Now, officiating is not the only reason we lost, but it is clear that all of Toews's whining paid off.

Also the Red Wings were lacking energy, particularly Fil and Franzen. Smith looked like he had lots of trouble controlling the puck and to me it seemed like Babs was not playing Kronners enough. Going into game 6 I think Babs would be wise to play Pavs and Hank together if the Hawks keep Toews, Kane and Sharp together and match them up. I expect the Wings will be ready to roll on Monday and close out this series with a lot more energy with the help of our leaders. 

#618 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Now babcock has more ammo to use with the wings to lecture them on why it's so important to play hard every shift and that it will take a perfect effort to eliminate the best team in the league.  I'm not worried...yet.  I trust in Babs.

#619 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Terrible game. Terrible broadcasting. I knew something like this would happen.... I don't think the Hawks could or would go down in 4 straight losses. I had no problem losing this game, as I thought Game 4 would be the one where the Hawks would come up with the win. The good news is we can close them out on home ice in Game 6.

40 for life.

#620 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

What did Ericsson do with Bickell?

Guys like Ericsson, Smith and Abby have been on the ice against Bickell, when he's tried to run at Zetterberg and Kronwall.  They could have fought him after the whistle, instead they did nothing.

Now he goes and drills our best defenseman into the boards.  If Kronwall misses games, we likely lose the series.  

That's on Babcock and the players from having this sissy mentality all these years.  

I'm talking about the legitimate hit on Bickell on the boards when he couldn't even skate till he finally picked himself up after two flops.  What do you think's gonna happen if Ericsson or even Abby get called for retaliation penalties (which very well could be set up by the Hawks, ala tonight with Abby.)  Where does that get us? How do we win with that?   Maybe get Tootoo in to pound the crap out of Whoever, but again he is not an offensive threat and there's no way Babcock's gonna put him in the game at this point.  Not sure how you think what you're proposing is going to help us win games.  And that's the bottom line.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.