Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

WCSF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (DET leads series 3-2)

• Please log in to reply
684 replies to this topic

#621 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

Please excuse the fact that this is the GDT from Game 1. Inexplicedly, my file for today was lost. Wouldn't you know it?

It might as well of been game one. Just make sure you never use a GDT graphic from a loss again. In not blaming you or saying you jinxed us or anything like that, the wings were due for a sloppy game. But it just sets a weird mood on the board.

#622 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

I wanna see Howard make it to round 3 for the first time.  He has earned it in my book.  And I've been a bit skeptical of him the last couple of years.  But this year he's showed a lot.  We've been asking for a goalie that can steal a game or two since Hasek.  And we got em now.  And Hasek had A TON more talent around him to help. 

We have completely blatent breakdowns and Howard has bailed us out countless times all series.  That's what you want.  Just like Quick.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#623 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Did Toews whine about the officiating tonight? It's only "too physical" when things aren't going in Chicago's favor.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#624 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

It might as well of been game one. Just make sure you never use a GDT graphic from a loss again. In not blaming you or saying you jinxed us or anything like that, the wings were due for a sloppy game. But it just sets a weird mood on the board.

I don't think it had anything to do with the loss.  It may have set a weird mood for you but not for me.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#625 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm talking about the legitimate hit on Bickell on the boards when he couldn't even skate till he finally picked himself up after two flops.  What do you think's gonna happen if Ericsson or even Abby get called for retaliation penalties (which very well could be set up by the Hawks, ala tonight with Abby.)  Where does that get us? How do we win with that?   Maybe get Tootoo in to pound the crap out of Whoever, but again he is not an offensive threat and there's no way Babcock's gonna put him in the game at this point.  Not sure how you think what you're proposing is going to help us win games.  And that's the bottom line.

I'm not talking about retaliation.  I'm talking about challenging a guy to a fight when he's jabbing your best players in the back of their heads after every whistle.  You're just not used to seeing a Wings player actually challenging another guy to a fair fight.  

Bickell would have obliged Smith or Ericsson in a fight.  They just never tried.    

It would help us, because it would deter Bickell the rest of the series.  If he was Dave Brown or Tony Twist, it likely wouldn't work, since those guys were beasts.  But Bickell is a fake tough guy.  Nobody wants to act tough when they know they have to fight afterwards.  However, if they know there's no retaliation coming, they keep acting tough.  So would I in Bickell's place.  It's not even about who's fighting you.  It's just easier to be an ******* when you know you don't have to pay for it.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#626 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'm not talking about retaliation.  I'm talking about challenging a guy to a fight when he's jabbing your best players in the back of their heads after every whistle.  You're just not used to seeing a Wings player actually challenging another guy to a fair fight.  

Bickell would have obliged Smith or Ericsson in a fight.  They just never tried.    

It would help us, because it would deter Bickell the rest of the series.  If he was Dave Brown or Tony Twist, it likely wouldn't work, since those guys were beasts.  But Bickell is a fake tough guy.  Nobody wants to act tough when they know they have to fight afterwards.  However, if they know there's no retaliation coming, they keep acting tough.  So would I in Bickell's place.  It's not even about who's fighting you.  It's just easier to be an ******* when you know you don't have to pay for it.    

I actually know what you're saying.  But how does that help us win games?  Bickell's ultimately going nowhere and you can't be assured he'll back down.  And our guy still goes off with whoever the a-hole is.  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#627 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

The 20,066 at Detroit would not let this game 6 be wasted. 

The man with #35 in net would not let the 20,066 down. 

The men in 55, 52, 28, 4, 2, and 27 would not let #35 down.

And they shall collectively rise up and defeat this team from lands far away and tales taller than life be told. 

The day the 23 of Detroit took down the 23 of Chicago.

MaDnEsS?  THIS IS DETROIT.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#628 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

I actually know what you're saying.  But how does that help us win games?  Bickell's ultimately going nowhere and you can't be assured he'll back down.  And our guy still goes off with whoever the a-hole is.  

Because now we might be without Kronwall.  

How does that not make it harder to win games?

#629 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hey GMR, did you happen to see Don Cherry after I think it was the 1st intermission when he was showing clips of players like Toews, Crosby, etc getting jabbed and punched, and that the instigator rule implementation caused all this?

I was in 100% agreement with Don.  He showed Kronwall rubbing Toews into the goal post and somebody facewashing crosby.  He said "what if gretzky had to deal with all that?

I agree.  I think that Zetterburg, Datsyuk, Yzerman, Toews, Kane, Crosby, Malkin, and the list goes on, all suffer becuase of that instigator rule.  I would enjoy hockey a TON more if they got rid of that rule and brought the enforcer back.  I think the gam would open up and it would be a lot more enjoyable agian, just what we all are clamouring for. 

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

#630 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

I don't think it had anything to do with the loss.  It may have set a weird mood for you but not for me.

Like I said, I don't think it had any effect on the game what so ever but I'm very superstitious when it comes to playoff hockey and its just something that I personally would have changed.

#631 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Because now we might be without Kronwall.  

How does that not make it harder to win games?

What you're still saying is that if one of our guys had taken on Bickell and challenged him, that still wouldn't have happened.  You don't know that.  Neither do I.  I'm with you.   I'd love to think that would be the result but we don't know that.

#632 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hey GMR, did you happen to see Don Cherry after I think it was the 1st intermission when he was showing clips of players like Toews, Crosby, etc getting jabbed and punched, and that the instigator rule implementation caused all this?

I was in 100% agreement with Don.  He showed Kronwall rubbing Toews into the goal post and somebody facewashing crosby.  He said "what if gretzky had to deal with all that?

I agree.  I think that Zetterburg, Datsyuk, Yzerman, Toews, Kane, Crosby, Malkin, and the list goes on, all suffer becuase of that instigator rule.  I would enjoy hockey a TON more if they got rid of that rule and brought the enforcer back.  I think the gam would open up and it would be a lot more enjoyable agian, just what we all are clamouring for. 

I agree with you on the instigator.

However, I don't think that applies in this situation.  I believe Bickell would oblige if one of our tougher guys challenged him.  

#633 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Usually I can tune out NBC announcers, but I had to mute the entire game because of all the mouth-loving for Chicago

#634 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

I agree with you on the instigator.

However, I don't think that applies in this situation.  I believe Bickell would oblige if one of our tougher guys challenged him.  

I think Bickell would have fought Erickson or somebody that challenged him.  He's been lookin to go with somebody. 

I say let's just focus on WINNING, and shaking hands after game 6!

If this goes 7 I just don't see us winning it, not since it's in Chicago.  We got our 1 win we needed there, I think that's all we're going to get.  And I have a feeling the wings are aware of it.  Not that they CANT go in there and win, but Chicago isn't Anaheim, and that Chicago crowd is crazy. 

We will win it in 6 though.  I'm pretty confident about it.

#635 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

What you're still saying is that if one of our guys had taken on Bickell and challenged him, that still wouldn't have happened.  You don't know that.  Neither do I.  I'm with you.   I'd love to think that would be the result but we don't know that.

It would be a lot less likely to happen.  That's all.  

Bickell has been allowed to run loose in this series by the Wings.

I think Bickell would have fought Erickson or somebody that challenged him.  He's been lookin to go with somebody. 

I say let's just focus on WINNING, and shaking hands after game 6!

If this goes 7 I just don't see us winning it, not since it's in Chicago.  We got our 1 win we needed there, I think that's all we're going to get.  And I have a feeling the wings are aware of it.  Not that they CANT go in there and win, but Chicago isn't Anaheim, and that Chicago crowd is crazy. 

We will win it in 6 though.  I'm pretty confident about it.

I want Zetterberg to say that as well.  

Next press conference.   ;)

#636 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

Focus ... focus ... focus and we can close it on Monday.  I'm surprisingly calm.  Even if we go to 7, this group has had one game 7 under their belt already.  I like our position.  

If someone told you that the Wings would win the series in 5 before this all started, you'd think he was nutz.  

#637 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

We've only scored two goals the last two games (not counting empty netters).

The offense needs to wake up. 

#638 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

We've only scored two goals the last two games (not counting empty netters).

The offense needs to wake up. 

Pavs and Hank should be put together to A) Shut down the Hawks top unit of Kane, Toews, Sharp. and B) To allow Pavs to set up Hank to score some goals and get the offense going. 

#639 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

A lot of players felt over confident I think and got caught in the hype. Wings have learned the hard way this playoff run gotta play hard to win no matter what the series is at. The problem tonight was a simple matter of effort and intensity. Nobody had it going tonight

#640 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

That commentating was horrid. I felt like I was listening to a baseball game and they were non stop all over Chicago's balls the whole game.
Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.