Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

WCSF Game 5 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (DET leads series 3-2)

• Please log in to reply
684 replies to this topic

#661 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

The Hawks played a perfect game except for the last minute. Don't ever give a team an excuse to get angry. Did anyone see Bab's face furring the goon job on Brunner??? Z was nog his usual jovial self either. B
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#662 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

They need to play hard and all players need to be firing on all cylinders. If they cannot advance, there will be a lot of questions regarding can this team be sucessful and be a cup contender without Lids?

Also, this is a huge turning point for the team as a whole; 1. Is Detroit a place where free agents want to play and 2. Lack of success and not signing high end FA may correlate into Pavs heads back to Russia

Reality folks.

I have no doubt this team will contend in the years to come. They've done exceptionally well, especially considering the injuries. You take this team and add DeKeyser and Helm back in and they get that much better. Howard is proving himself as a guy that can take a team deep, Dats is Dats, Z is filling out his captain's sweater quite well, and we're witnessing the intelligence of Babcock in action. Add Kenny to the mix and this team is set up for success.

edit: After this playoff run I think the attractiveness of the Wings to FA goes up.

Edited by Phil Lesh, 26 May 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#663 Rhah

Rhah

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Why does this organization teach its players not to retaliate or stick up for teammates?

I'll never understand that.

Well, Abby did for Dats and got a matching penalty instead of the other guy getting double minor for poking at Dats AFTER he just had tripped him.

#664 Rhah

Rhah

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Couple people on radio talking about how Q did better with matchups since they were the home team. Well, obviously. It only took 3 games of this series for Babs to school Q on how to handle line matchups. Its like either the fans are too dumb to realize its part of the strategy of a game or Q and his team were so arrogant at the start of the series that they could just roll their 4 lines one after the other ignoring matchups because they think they are that good.

Hawks/Q got a free coaching lesson from Babs though.

I'd also like to point out that last ngiht the 4th elbow of the series from the Hawks targetting a Wings head (not even counting cross checks to the head). Still not a peep out of the league office. Apparently only if its a shoulder during a check is the league going to make it a point to stop targetting the head, if its flying elbow wrestling moves or using your hand to smash a head into the glass, its ok and sometimes not even called a penalty. Getting sick of hypocritical NHL. Uses bonecrunching hits and fights in commercials to market the league while suspending certain players they want but not all... get consistent and stop talking out of the side of your mouths.

#665 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,176 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Well, Abby did for Dats and got a matching penalty instead of the other guy getting double minor for poking at Dats AFTER he just had tripped him.

That was a dumb play, especially since we got a PP out of it.

Abby should have challenged Bolland by now at some point in the series.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#666 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

Chicago played the same they have all series. Our effort, intensity and discipline got us to 3 wins and we abandoned all of that last night. If we were able to not take stupid penalties we may have been able to turn the game around but we sealed our fate and deserved what we got. No dicking around tomorrow follow Babs gameplan and we got it

#667 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Let's see,despite winning the game you take a cheapshot.So who's frustrated then,Brunner or Keith/Seabrook?

I would love to see someone destroy Bickell and Shaw,but we've lost because we didn't play well a not because of those 2 mupetts.

Anyway I expect Babs gonna make them piss blood and eat ice on Monday and close the series.

LGRW

#668 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

We were stupid and forgot how we got up 3-1.....laffing at their antics was getting in the hawks head not retaliating,

Dooshabag Shaw admitted his game is to go out there and whack guys after whistles and stir s*** up.

If we get back to our 3 wins attitude we will be fine!

#669 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

Chicago played the same they have all series. Our effort, intensity and discipline got us to 3 wins and we abandoned all of that last night. If we were able to not take stupid penalties we may have been able to turn the game around but we sealed our fate and deserved what we got. No dicking around tomorrow follow Babs gameplan and we got it

No, That was a much more physical Hawks team. They put more pressure on the forecheck. We didn't play as well as the previous 3 games, but the hawks didn't "the same they have all series" They stepped it because they're facing elimination and we'll have to match that level.

#670 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

any word on kronwall?

#671 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Red Wings' Niklas Kronwall fine after taking huge hit, escapes with 'bumps, bruises' (video) | http://t.co/ISgcy4Lx9p http://t.co/LBBgged1WY

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#672 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

No, That was a much more physical Hawks team. They put more pressure on the forecheck. We didn't play as well as the previous 3 games, but the hawks didn't "the same they have all series" They stepped it because they're facing elimination and we'll have to match that level.

Yeah I thought we played a little slower than we have been playing, but I think the hawks clearly looked desperate and didn't want to get punked in front of their home crowd.

I am fully expecting to see the wings match or exceed what the Hawks bring tomorrow.  I expect we will win tomorrow.  At least, I really hope so.  I think if we don't win tomorrow we are done.  And I really don't want to leave the western conference getting bounced by the Hawks coming back down 3-1 in a series.  I think they've never come back from that scenario in their history.  Let's not be the first to let that one happen.  Would really be nice to run it up on them tomorrow, have that kind of luck going for us where most of the shots seem to go in like in some previous historical games ;).

But, I'm sure it'll be an OT game and leave us all breathing in a bag.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#673 hudson

hudson

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Also the announcers are making a big deal about Toews scoring.  Well, that's 4 goals now in like 35 or 36 playoff games.  Not that scary.  We'll see what Monday brings.

I'll only get nervous if we drop game 6.  Game 5 I fully expected to lose.

Actually factually....... Toews .29 goals/game and .87 points/game vs. Datysuk .26 goals per game and .73 points/game.  

#674 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Actually factually....... Toews .29 goals/game and .87 points/game vs. Datysuk .26 goals per game and .73 points/game.  

Datsyuk has also played more that twice as many playoff games.

If Toews continues to play more like this playoffs rather than how he did during their cup run he'll fall back well below Datsyuks PPG.

#675 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Datsyuk actually has been a slightly, tiny bit disappointing this series.  I don't know if it's his focus on defense, but he just hasn't been quite as dazzling with the puck.  Still making solid plays, but it'd be nice to see him take over the game again.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#676 grimace1970

grimace1970

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

Babs said it best in his mid-game coaches interview.  When we play like we played tonight, the Hawks look fast.  I think we were right back to the tentative, no tape-to-tape passing, defensive zone turning-over team that shows up every game we lose.  It's like every few nights the boys want one off.  Let's finish this off next game with a little of the elevated play we've come to love.

#677 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

Couple people on radio talking about how Q did better with matchups since they were the home team. Well, obviously. It only took 3 games of this series for Babs to school Q on how to handle line matchups. Its like either the fans are too dumb to realize its part of the strategy of a game or Q and his team were so arrogant at the start of the series that they could just roll their 4 lines one after the other ignoring matchups because they think they are that good.

I'd also like to point out that last ngiht the 4th elbow of the series from the Hawks targetting a Wings head (not even counting cross checks to the head). Still not a peep out of the league office. Apparently only if its a shoulder during a check is the league going to make it a point to stop targetting the head, if its flying elbow wrestling moves or using your hand to smash a head into the glass, its ok and sometimes not even called a penalty. Getting sick of hypocritical NHL. Uses bonecrunching hits and fights in commercials to market the league while suspending certain players they want but not all... get consistent and stop talking out of the side of your mouths.  

Talking out of the side of their what?... :lookaround: 

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#678 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Since nobody really thought the wings would ever be in this situation this year (including me), I'm finding myself paying more attention to the situations that continue to present themselves for the youngsters.  What a bunch of learning experiences they've gained this year versus having to wait until next year, all because they bought in and were able to get through game 7 of the Ducks.  Every situation is different, including this one.  We'll see how the young guys respond to getting blown out and now some pressure is on them to win this game.  I still say 90% of the pressure is on Chicago to win, since they are the Presidents cup winners and have the high expectations.

I will be a little disappointed if we didn't win this series, but at least it would be a collapse to the best team in the league.  But let's just hope the wings get it done tomorrow.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#679 Rhah

Rhah

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Talking out of the side of their what?... :lookaround: 

Sometimes I type too fast when I am excited and trying to get thoughts out of my brain and onto a page/post...hehe

#680 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Sometimes I type too fast when I am excited and trying to get thoughts out of my brain and onto a page/post...hehe

Surre, Rhah . We'll go with that for now...tee hee!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.