• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

i know when he got hurt they said he'd be out until training camp or something and he was done for playoffs for us but, any chance he could be back next round or if we make the final? I heard he had gotten his cast off and has been skating. Just wondering if anyone heard anything more than that/what your thoughts are...?

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#2 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

i know when he got hurt they said he'd be out until training camp or something and he was done for playoffs for us but, any chance he could be back next round or if we make the final? I heard he had gotten his cast off and has been skating. Just wondering if anyone heard anything more than that/what your thoughts are...?

His return date is unknown. The injury is healing faster than expected, but that is all.

I'm not sure whom he'd replace anyway. Everyone is playing well right now.

#3 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

His return date is unknown. The injury is healing faster than expected, but that is all.

well that's as good of news as any i suppose. but yes, i agree everyone is playing great. it's just nice to have more options en route to the cup.. esp. shut down dmen. 

Datsyukian

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#4 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

I wouldn't risk his health for this year run. Doubt he would be a major improvement right now coming in with not to much experience and coming from an injury that said.

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,297 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

Huh?

How about Brendan Smith?  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 BleedRed&White25

BleedRed&White25

Salty Dog

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

Huh?

How about Brendan Smith?  

I was going to post the same thing, but saw that you beat me to it

Hostile to the past, impatient of the present, and cheated of the future.

#7 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

I was going to post the same thing, but saw that you beat me to it

Yes, but do you not realize that when Smith messes up he answers back with a goal or an assist? lol  Now if he would just do he later with out the first.

#8 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

yea everyone is playing pretty good but DD has been great as shutting down opposing teams' forecheck.. something that we'd need to do if we ended up facing the pens in the final. obviously i'd only want him in if his hand were 100% ready for full contact but if it were, i think he'd help out greatly. 

Datsyukian

adjective

#9 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Helm and DeKeyser = next year.

#10 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

On CBC they talked to Holland about him being available if we made it to the finals. Holland mentioned that he's able to handle the puck in practice, but really just shrugged the question off, saying that they'd like to be in a place where they'll have to think about that

#11 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

I wouldn't risk his health for this year run. Doubt he would be a major improvement right now coming in with not to much experience and coming from an injury that said.

Risk his injured thumb?  I'm not sure there's much risk.  We're not talking about a back issue.

The sooner he can get back the better.  He can upgrade the defense if he comes back.  Would be great to be in the finals and have him as the option.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#12 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

I just saw somewhere on Twitter that DeKeyser got the cast off, is skating, and can handle the puck and take wristers but not slappers.  He thinks he'd be available if they make the Final.

He's their #2 or 3 defenseman, no way they'd leave him out if he's ready to go.

#13 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

Yes, but do you not realize that when Smith messes up he answers back with a goal or an assist? lol  Now if he would just do he later with out the first.

The kid is like a yo-yo, and that gets him a lot of slack from bipolar fans. He screws up and looks generally bad, and then next shift he makes a beautiful pass or uses enough pressure to get some offense going or slaps one home.  He's going to be good, he just needs to learn to settle the heck down.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#14 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

The kid is like a yo-yo, and that gets him a lot of slack from bipolar fans. He screws up and looks generally bad, and then next shift he makes a beautiful pass or uses enough pressure to get some offense going or slaps one home.  He's going to be good, he just needs to learn to settle the heck down.

Agreed. Ericsson needs to settle down now too. He's looked marginal the last 2. We need a big game out of 19 players tonight.

#15 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Speaking of smith mistakes, we're down 3-2 now.. Hope he has a couple of those yo-yo goals/assists coming up

Datsyukian

adjective

#16 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'd put him in if there's no risk of further damage to this thumb.

Then again, Smith's defensive play is further damage in itself.

#17 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

Helm and DeKeyser = next year.

Without Helm and DeKeyser, game 7 = lose. 

This team seemingly has run out of magic.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#18 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

Speaking of smith mistakes, we're down 3-2 now.. Hope he has a couple of those yo-yo goals/assists coming up

Edited by Johnz96, 28 May 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#19 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Without Helm and DeKeyser, game 7 = lose.

We'll see about that, won't we?

#20 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

We'll see about that, won't we?

The NHL wanted 7 games of revenue, and they're getting it.  Let's hope they actually let the winning team earn their win. 

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!