• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shaunlang

# 51 JOKE

Rate this topic

Has anyone considered that Filpulla might not actually want to play for Detroit anymore? He has that choice now.

He'd look great in Anaheim centering Selanne and Etem. Temmu loves him, and he already has

Mad chemistry with Etem ;)

I think he needs a change of scenery, for both him and the Wings.

No way he worth anything near the rumoured 5 million he is asking. I'm fine with moving on without him but just to let him walk for nothing is dumb. He wasnt traded during the season, can negotiating rights be traded to someone so we can get soemthing in return?

Has anyone considered that Filpulla might not actually want to play for Detroit anymore? He has that choice now.

He'd look great in Anaheim centering Selanne and Etem. Teemu loves him, and he already has mad chemistry with Etem ;)

Flip will become a "Wing Killer" where ever he goes. That's what our former players do, ya know. :lol:

Wherever he decides to sign, I wish him luck and success. It didn't work out in Detroit for him so time to give some young guys a chance OR and that would be my option get Clarkson at around 4 - 4,5 per.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Don't really want Fil back regardless of the cost because he just doesn't fit what the Red Wings need.

The top-six needs a serious upgrade starting primarily by adding a winger with size that can score goals consistently. Clarkson and Horton come to mind as free agent possibilities. What do the Red Wings have to rely on besides Pavel and Z on the top two lines right now? Franzen is a joke, but not going anywhere. Filppula and Cleary are likely gone. Abby improved a ton, but he isn't a first line player on a championship team. Maybe you get production in larger roles from Nyquist, Tatar and Brunner but even that isn't a certainty right away.

Kenny needs to make a splash up front via free agency or through a trade. Need some talent and size injected on the skill lines.

Alright, now that it's over I can now comment on Flip. If he still says 5 million I say pack your sh*t pal and thanks for the last 8 years.

...seriously though thank you for the last 8 seasons. and good luck.

Edited by 13dangledangle

Guest DeGraa55

Omg I would of moved both maybe one more guy for lucic. Remember he was in their dog house. Heck I'd of moved both for a second and third round pick. We don't need either or have room.

I like fil don't get me wrong but we have bigger needs in fa!!!

Guest DeGraa55

As much flack as Cleary gets, he has what many playoff teams want. A vet who can chip in goals and play a physical game. Hope he resigns here.

I don't give him flack. The dude is a warrior I just don't want him taking a roster spot. If we didnt have Sammy Bert and eaves all ready....then yes.

Babcock said in regards to Filppula, "The devil you know is usually better than the devil you don't."

I perceive that to mean that at the end of the day, he still wants him back in a Wings jersey.

I'm generally a fan of Filppula but I feel like I've seen enough.

I'm going to have to give a thumbs down to Babs' comment. :thumbdown:

Guest Hatethedrake!

Cleary will be one of the first ones signed. He is more valuable to this team than people realize. His leadership is one of the reasons we got as far as we did in the playoffs. I loved his play in the playoffs. I think his heart, tenacity and grit rubbed off on his teammates. Well not Mule, but most. :lol:

If Flip wants to remain a Red Wing then prove it. Accept what the Wings offer which should be a fair one. If not then hit the road jack. His play this season does not justify the contract he will end up getting.

Omg I would of moved both maybe one more guy for lucic. Remember he was in their dog house. Heck I'd of moved both for a second and third round pick. We don't need either or have room.

Yeah, you and every other GM but Boston's. The Bruins were looking for pieces to make a Cup run (like Iginla). We would have gotten picks and prospects, NOT Lucic. I would love to know what they were offering...

As much flack as Cleary gets, he has what many playoff teams want. A vet who can chip in goals and play a physical game. Hope he resigns here.

I have been one of the single biggest bashers of Cleary this year cause I feel he screws up more scoring chances than he creates, he falls down a lot and half of his points come off lucky bounces such as deflecting a shot in off his chest while skating across the net. But in saying that, at least he goes to those scoring areas, even if he rarely wins a puck battle along the boards he gets in there and he battles hard even when he's injured. I still don't know how Flip got injured, but regardless, though I don't want either back I'd rather have Cleary at max 2 mil than Flip at anything more than the 3 mil he already got paid and reached his potential 1 year out of 5. How do you have such a terrible contract year when your asking for a payday you essentially already got getting paid 15 million for potential??? I'd rather keep Nyquist and Tatar up full time. Let Flip and Cleary walk and buy out Sammy and possibly Tuzzi, though I love Tuzzi and always will.

This makes me want to crawl under a rock and cry. Kenny knew that we more than likely didn't have the pieces to make a true run at the Cup and now there's a chance (small because everybody knows were re signing Clears) we get nothing in return for them.

If this is true then what would Holland be thinking? Either we over-pay to keep Filp or he walks for nothing... makes no sense.

Guest Crymson

LOL @ the idea that the Bruins would have moved Lucic.

This makes me want to crawl under a rock and cry. Kenny knew that we more than likely didn't have the pieces to make a true run at the Cup and now there's a chance (small because everybody knows were re signing Clears) we get nothing in return for them.

Yeah, sure, the Wings only beat the 2nd seed and came one goal way from beating the 1st.

Guest The Axe

I just read Filppula is seeking 5+ million. Vaya con Dios Flips. 5 years, 20 million. Take it or leave it.

I watch NHL tonight, and they always interview the player who had the best game on the winning team. Howard was on a bunch. Emdog even got a couple spots. Filppula? Never. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say that his defense is valueable. Its not worth 5+ million though. 4 tops.