Photo
- - - - -

Our future Depth

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Our future depth

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Out of these future youngsters who will be the most benifiting to the Red Wings future

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

nyquist because his  around talent he can score from any angle on the ice not to mention he has speed that can compared to helm

Edited by sjr2012, 26 May 2013 - 09:42 AM.

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#2 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

Could you please say something more than "Nyquist" in your post?  Please discuss the topic,  expound on your answer.  

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#3 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

Wow surprised so many chose DeKeyser. I heard experts saying he's about at the level of Justin Schultz, if not less than Schultz. Of course Danny is more defensively inclined and Justin is more offensively inclined.

I chose Tatar. To me he's already at about the same level as Nyquist and has a higher ceiling to grow. He's also more of a shooter and slightly more physical than goose, two things we need.

To me the top 2 should be Nyquist and Tatar hands down right now

#4 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Smith
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

I voted DeKeyser. I have high hopes for both Nyquist and Tatar as well. 

The combination of speed, puck-moving ability and defensive positioning DeKeyser has shown already is unbelievable though. You don't see many d-men in this league that can excel in all of those areas. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#6 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

I chose Gus because he has all the skills....just needs to bulk up a bit. He is very tenacious and I love his style of play. Kinda reminds me of when Z came in.....which says a lot since Hank is my favorite player. DD is going to awesome as well. I'm excited about our young guys....it's been such a pleasant surprise in the playoff run we have had!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#7 RedWingCraig

RedWingCraig

Rookie

• Pip
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

I picked other with the thinking Athanasiou or Frk will be better then them all...just a feeling

Edited by RedWingCraig, 26 May 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#8 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

jurco and frk are who i'm most excited for!! although i think all of the above could be important, i think we might trade tatar.. just have a feeling for some reason. 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#9 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Nyquist and Tatar are future top 6ers. Not depth. Andersson is depth.

#10 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Dekeyser. Can't remember the last team that won a cup that don't have a good defense group and good young defenseman are very hard to get.

#11 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

I chose Nyquist for reasons stated above. But I also like Anderson. Like axe said he us depth. A bottom 6 guy. But I like what he brings to the bottom 6. Him Brunner and nyquest have been awesome to watch.

#12 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

I don't know who to choose. Nyquist makes me say "wow" sometimes, DeKeyser's breakout passes make me say "wow" and he showed good poise on defense. Tatar is grittier than I thought he would be and I thought he belonged in the lineup, and Andersson gives you all you could ask for on the bottom six and showed that he earned a spot even when Helm comes back. I'd say they're all beneficial.

Gun to my head I think I'd choose DeKeyser simply because defense matters most to me and he's the only other defenseman I can think of that would replace Ericsson's spot, but Ericsson's playing so damn good this season. I think at some point next season DD will secure the #4 spot.

#13 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

I voted for Dekeyser and Gus. After watching Frk at the Memorial Cup he looks like he could be great!

#14 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

I voted DeKeyser because defense wins you championships.  I believe Ryan Sproul will make an impact when he gets up in the NHL.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 26 May 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#15 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Dekeyser will be the next Doughty. You heard it here first.

#16 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

Wow surprised so many chose DeKeyser. I heard experts saying he's about at the level of Justin Schultz, if not less than Schultz. Of course Danny is more defensively inclined and Justin is more offensively inclined.

I chose Tatar. To me he's already at about the same level as Nyquist and has a higher ceiling to grow. He's also more of a shooter and slightly more physical than goose, two things we need.

Shultz is not surrounded by leadership like dekeyser is. Thats a very big difference maker

#17 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

Sproul will be the next doughty.
Dekeyser will be the next Jesus

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#18 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

I hope so.

I always wanted Lebda to be the next Mathieu Dandenault, but that never worked out.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#19 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

I'd take DeKeyser over Schultz any day.  DD knows how to play D.  Shultz is another Green from Washington.  Good on offense, can't play D to save his life.   

I chose DeKeyser cause I see him running our blueline for the next 15-20 years.  Nyquist will hopefully lead the offensive charge for a good portion of the next 15 years, but building from a goal out mentality, I chose DeKeyser.  I'd like Sproul and Ouellet to be right there beside him as well.

Either way, the future is bright.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#20 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

I don't know who to choose. Nyquist makes me say "wow" sometimes, DeKeyser's breakout passes make me say "wow" and he showed good poise on defense. Tatar is grittier than I thought he would be and I thought he belonged in the lineup, and Andersson gives you all you could ask for on the bottom six and showed that he earned a spot even when Helm comes back. I'd say they're all beneficial.

Gun to my head I think I'd choose DeKeyser simply because defense matters most to me and he's the only other defenseman I can think of that would replace Ericsson's spot, but Ericsson's playing so damn good this season. I think at some point next season DD will secure the #4 spot.

I'd say DeKeyser is already their #3 defenseman and could pass Ericsson next year.