• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sjr2012

Our future Depth

Rate this topic

Our future depth  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wow surprised so many chose DeKeyser. I heard experts saying he's about at the level of Justin Schultz, if not less than Schultz. Of course Danny is more defensively inclined and Justin is more offensively inclined.

I chose Tatar. To me he's already at about the same level as Nyquist and has a higher ceiling to grow. He's also more of a shooter and slightly more physical than goose, two things we need.

To me the top 2 should be Nyquist and Tatar hands down right now

I chose Gus because he has all the skills....just needs to bulk up a bit. He is very tenacious and I love his style of play. Kinda reminds me of when Z came in.....which says a lot since Hank is my favorite player. DD is going to awesome as well. I'm excited about our young guys....it's been such a pleasant surprise in the playoff run we have had!

Guest The Axe

Nyquist and Tatar are future top 6ers. Not depth. Andersson is depth.

Guest DeGraa55

I chose Nyquist for reasons stated above. But I also like Anderson. Like axe said he us depth. A bottom 6 guy. But I like what he brings to the bottom 6. Him Brunner and nyquest have been awesome to watch.

I don't know who to choose. Nyquist makes me say "wow" sometimes, DeKeyser's breakout passes make me say "wow" and he showed good poise on defense. Tatar is grittier than I thought he would be and I thought he belonged in the lineup, and Andersson gives you all you could ask for on the bottom six and showed that he earned a spot even when Helm comes back. I'd say they're all beneficial.

Gun to my head I think I'd choose DeKeyser simply because defense matters most to me and he's the only other defenseman I can think of that would replace Ericsson's spot, but Ericsson's playing so damn good this season. I think at some point next season DD will secure the #4 spot.

Wow surprised so many chose DeKeyser. I heard experts saying he's about at the level of Justin Schultz, if not less than Schultz. Of course Danny is more defensively inclined and Justin is more offensively inclined.

I chose Tatar. To me he's already at about the same level as Nyquist and has a higher ceiling to grow. He's also more of a shooter and slightly more physical than goose, two things we need.

Shultz is not surrounded by leadership like dekeyser is. Thats a very big difference maker

I'd take DeKeyser over Schultz any day. DD knows how to play D. Shultz is another Green from Washington. Good on offense, can't play D to save his life.

I chose DeKeyser cause I see him running our blueline for the next 15-20 years. Nyquist will hopefully lead the offensive charge for a good portion of the next 15 years, but building from a goal out mentality, I chose DeKeyser. I'd like Sproul and Ouellet to be right there beside him as well.

Either way, the future is bright.

I don't know who to choose. Nyquist makes me say "wow" sometimes, DeKeyser's breakout passes make me say "wow" and he showed good poise on defense. Tatar is grittier than I thought he would be and I thought he belonged in the lineup, and Andersson gives you all you could ask for on the bottom six and showed that he earned a spot even when Helm comes back. I'd say they're all beneficial.

Gun to my head I think I'd choose DeKeyser simply because defense matters most to me and he's the only other defenseman I can think of that would replace Ericsson's spot, but Ericsson's playing so damn good this season. I think at some point next season DD will secure the #4 spot.

I'd say DeKeyser is already their #3 defenseman and could pass Ericsson next year.

My problem is Dekyser has played all of 11 NHL games. Yeah he looked good during that stretch, but I'm not about to say he's going to run our blue line for the next 15 years. For all we know he'll play like the coveted Brendan Smith next season...

Smith also had a good first stint in the NHL when he was called up last year. I think Dekyser still has a big question mark on his head. Bigger than Goose and Tatar

I said Danny D simply because he came straight out of College and was thrown into the fire on a team already loaded with Rookie's and he made an immediate impact... maybe not a huge impact but not many players can make the jump and be a positive factor. I'm assuming he will only get bigger, stronger and better.

Nyquist - He's shown he can be very hard on the puck. I was upset with how much he got pushed around at the beginning of his stint, but he has found his legs and has been playing with much more confidence every since the beginning. Very shifty player, will most likely be that replacement for Pasha in the sense that he plays a solid 2-way game and has some silky hands. More of a playmaker, but has shown the ability to pot them when needed. I see him becoming a top 6 star for us.

DeKeyser - For being thrown into the fires of a transition year, coming in with ~10 games left in the season, he has blown away expectations. Next season is going to be a true testament but he's more mature, and is older than majority of players immediately finding themselves on a NHL team from juniors/college. Has all the poise in the world, and will have another off-season to add weight and train. It certainly helped, regardless of only being 11-14 games (2 being playoff), that he played this season. It was a learning tool, as he got to see how fast the league can be and what to expect. Two playoff games adds to that, giving him more experience at higher paces. He's going to be very solid for us, as he has an amazing first pass and plays a very stay at home style which we direly need.

Andersson - I voted him because he isn't flashy or shiny, but he plays an important role. He's a very smart, poised playmaking center. We don't need him to score goals at the cyclic rate, but he is the cog for the 3rd line. Defensively responsible, bigger framed body, plays the body, and can hold the forecheck. He's a true depth piece.

Tatar - I like Tatar a lot. Great wheels, smooth hands, and has a knack for the back of the net. You gotta love that. The only thing that really scares me is his personality. I don't want to lose him because of his personality, but I can see the franchise moving him because of that. He's a goal-scorer motivated youngster who we could use. He never gives up on the play, and wants the puck in the twine as fast as possible. I really hope we find a spot for him next season, and choose not to just move him. I didn't vote him just because I do feel like he's going to be apart of a package this off-season, unfortunately.

This is a good question. I'd say Nyquist because he has speed and handles. He can really finish too. He gets pushed off the puck sometimes though. Needs to bulk up and/or learn from Datsyuk. I was super impressed with DeKeyser's passing and positioning, but he needs to play a little more in the NHL before we can dub him Lidstrom Jr.

To me, Nyquist is the most important to our future just because our backend looks to be extremely stacked with talent, not quite as much up front. With Datsyuk's future unknown (although I think he will be a Wing for at least another 3 years...) and Zetterberg starting to slow down (when it comes to putting up points, I still think he's one of the best in the game at shutting guys down... Just ask Mr. Toews :-p ) and Franzen and Filppula not always playing their best hockey lately.

I think it's guys like Brunner, Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Jurco, Frk that are going to be most important to our future. No one player is going to replace Pav and Hank but they can be "replaced" by committee... I think our backend is going to be one of the best in the league in a 4-5 years. I am extremely excited to see Smith, Dekeyser, Sproul, Ouellet, Jensen, Backman, etc... I know, not every one of our prospects are going to turn out as we all project them but the future definitely looks bright in HockeyTown. :)