• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sjr2012

Our future Depth

Rate this topic

Our future depth  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest The Axe

All the guys on the poll are roster players next year. The depth is Lashoff/Shehan type guys.

As much as I hate to say it, there is still a chance that one or more of Tatar, Andersson or Nyquist are not NHL regular's next year.

You have Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Samuelsson, Helm, Bertuzzi, Tootoo, Abdelkader, Eaves, Emmerton all under contract at forward with Flip, Miller, Cleary and Brunner still left as Free Agents.

On defence we have Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Colaiacovo, Dekeyser and Lashoff signed for next year with White, Kindl and Smith to re-sign.

In net Howard and Gustavsson will be back.

So we have 18 players signed with NHL rosters spots already and 5 spots to fill between Flip, Miller, Brunner, Cleary, Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson, White, Kindl, and Smith, and any Free Agents we happen to pick up.

Guest The Axe

Hank-Dats-Framzen

Nyquist-Helm-Filppula

Tatar-Andersson-Brunner

Abdelkader-Emmerton-Shehan

Tootoo

Kronwall-Ericsson

Smith-Dekeyser

Kindl-Quincy

Lashoff-Colo

Howard

Gustavsson

Miller and Eaves deserve to be set free. They could play 2nd to 3rd line minutes on other teams. I wouldnt mind seeing them on the Griffins for injury call up, but they would have to want that role.

Hank-Dats-Framzen

Nyquist-Helm-Filppula

Tatar-Andersson-Brunner

Abdelkader-Emmerton-Shehan

Tootoo

Kronwall-Ericsson

Smith-Dekeyser

Kindl-Quincy

Lashoff-Colo

Howard

Gustavsson

Miller and Eaves deserve to be set free. They could play 2nd to 3rd line minutes on other teams. I wouldnt mind seeing them on the Griffins for injury call up, but they would have to want that role.

There is no chance Sheahan is playing in the NHL next year unless in the case of an injury call up

Guest The Axe

There is no chance Sheahan is playing in the NHL next year unless in the case of an injury call up

Why? He played this year.

i agree dont see sheahan coming up ... there gonna let him play a ton of minutes in the ahl he only had 1 year there and i dont see anyone from the 3rd line not being on the roster next year , they played well and this was a learning season so they wont screw that up by sending them back down and i agree with the axe's defense minus coliacovo unless they send lashoff back to the ahl(if its possible)

i think eaves will return upfront , id like to think filppula wont be back if hes asking for 5 + per season

franzen datsyuk abdelkader

nyquist zetterberg (free agent maybe?clarkson?) (probably filppula at like 4.5 though:( lol

tatar helm brunner

eaves andersson cleary

tootoo/emmerton

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Guest The Axe

i agree dont see sheahan coming up ... there gonna let him play a ton of minutes in the ahl he only had 1 year there and i dont see anyone from the 3rd line not being on the roster next year , they played well and this was a learning season so they wont screw that up by sending them back down and i agree with the axe's defense minus coliacovo unless they send lashoff back to the ahl(if its possible)

i think eaves will return upfront , id like to think filppula wont be back if hes asking for 5 + per season

franzen datsyuk abdelkader

nyquist zetterberg (free agent maybe?clarkson?) (probably filppula at like 4.5 though:( lol

tatar helm brunner

eaves andersson tootoo/emmerton

I could see this. Makes the most sense.

Why? He played this year.

He played one game as an injury call-up and played less than 7 minutes. There is a chance Nyquist or Tatar might be back in Grand Rapids as well depending on whether anyone is bought out and who is brought back.

Sheahan isn't even in the picture as far as getting a regular NHL spot. He should get one after next season though when his entry level deal is done.

Edited by FlashyG

Guest The Axe

He played one game as an injury call-up and played less than 7 minutes. There is a chance Nyquist or Tatar might be back in Grand Rapids as well depending on whether anyone is bought out and who is brought back.

Sheahan isn't even in the picture as far as getting a regular NHL spot. He should get one after next season though when his entry level deal is done.

Yah, you're right. I just want the jig back!!

Guest Hatethedrake!

Just a guess on my part. But for next season...

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Danny Cleary ($2.000m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.000m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.000m) / Damien Brunner ($2.500m)
Drew Miller ($0.850m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Brendan Smith ($1.000m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Jakub Kindl ($1.000m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,127,879; BONUSES: $1,010,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $10,182,121

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($1.000m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.000m) / Damien Brunner ($2.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

------

I'd much rather see us keep filp even if he's a little more expensive than we'd like and don't resign cleary.

Also, helm on the third over Anderson IMO

I'd say DeKeyser is already their #3 defenseman and could pass Ericsson next year.

He's played like 12 NHL games. I'm reserving judgement for DD. Going into next year our D is still up in the air. The potential is there just a matter of putting it together

He's played like 12 NHL games. I'm reserving judgement for DD. Going into next year our D is still up in the air. The potential is there just a matter of putting it together

True. But in those 12 games, he began to show a lot of poise and promise. He does have a lot left to prove and could fall victim to Jonathan Ericsson Syndrome, where he starts out great then disappears for a few years before finally becoming a steady NHL defenseman. I like what I've seen so far though, and hope to see a lot more of the same next season (or even this season, should the Wings make the Cup final!)

It's also kind of an indictment of the rest of the defense corps.

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)

------

This is pretty much what I'm thinking too, except that Cleary should not be re-signed. Samuelsson and one of Bertuzzi or Colaiacovo should be given compliance buyouts. The other one could be bought out as well, or Colaiacovo could be traded. My projection has them keeping Colaiacovo and giving Lashoff more time in Grand Rapids.

Unless Holland can land Ribeiro or Ryder (doubtful on either), he should avoid the free agent market.

Guest The Axe

Smith will have 45 pts and you'll be dogging him.

Smith will have 45 pts and you'll be dogging him.

Depends on his play, I would harp on him less for sure even if he still can't play defense next year. The thing that bothers me so much about Smith is that the whole defense stepped up big time for these playoffs and he took a step down from his regular season which was terrible in the first place

Guest The Axe

Depends on his play, I would harp on him less for sure even if he still can't play defense next year. The thing that bothers me so much about Smith is that the whole defense stepped up big time for these playoffs and he took a step down from his regular season which was terrible in the first place

You are going way overboard.