Photo
- - - - -

Poll: If you could pick any 20 players to start an NHL franchise with.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

Its real simple first you go to any team I chose Detroit. I then cut all the players(uncheck the top middle box so their cap doesn't count against you). Then you acquire players from other teams.

After you hot your team click the bottom left button in red. I think its "copy for post" or something like that. What it does is open up another window and you can copy paste from there.

Last night was my first time on capgeek and it took me two Mina to figure it out. Its very easy and fun!

Cool, thanks.  I've been on Capgeek quite a bit, but I don't believe I ever tried copying the roster anywhere.  If we get another cap compliant thread I'll throw my Capgeek team in there.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#22 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'd build my team with the best combination to win now and later (i.e. young players with lots of prime left). Of course no concern for the cap, and I'll try to build it not like an all star team, but with "bottom 6" type players in the bottom 6 (i.e. good defensively and/or hard hitters). Here we go:

Rick Nash - Sidney Crosby - Patrick Kane
Anze Kopitar - Steven Stamkos - Claude Giroux
Mike Richards - Jonathan Toews - Dustin Brown
Milan Lucic - Patrice Bergeron - David Backes
John Tavares, Jordan Staal

- On line one you have the big power forward Nash, the flashy and speedy Kane, and the of course Crosby who's very good defensively if needed. The opponents will never be able to focus on one threat on this line as they can all score and pass more or less
- Line two is all centres but the wingers have experience playing there. Kopitar's defensive strengths will cover for Stamkos' pure offensive focus. All 3 of these guys are electric when on their game.
- Line three has two centres for important faceoffs, captain serious in between two other captains who are gritty and can hit hard. Richards is also one of the best in his own zone and on the PK
- Line 4 also has two centres, with one excellent defensive forward in Bergeron surrounded by two huge bruising forwards. You're gonna be hurting when you're out against this line.
- With Tavares and Staal in the press box you have two guys who can step into the top and bottom 6, respectively, if necessary due to injury

Zdeno Chara - Erik Karlsson
Duncan Keith - Shea Weber
Drew Doughty - Kris Letang
Alex Pietrangelo

You won't have to worry about matchups with this D-corps, roll them evenly as they can go head to head with the best in the business. Karlsson's offensive inclination is balanced by Chara's defensive one, but that's not a huge lean for either of them who are both very good at both ends. Keith and Weber are basically the perfect balance of top tier ability at both ends of the ice, as is Doughty and Letang. Pietrangelo is one of the league's best as well and he can slot in to replace anyone if necessary with minimal disruption.

Henrik Lundqvist
Jonathan Quick

Simply the two best goalies in the league today so it's an easy choice. However, If you're looking for a goalie who is more suited to the backup role, slot in Craig Anderson or Roberto Luongo instead as both have played 2nd fiddle for long periods and performed well when called upon.

I respect your opinion, then i barf in my hands.

Cool, thanks.  I've been on Capgeek quite a bit, but I don't believe I ever tried copying the roster anywhere.  If we get another cap compliant thread I'll throw my Capgeek team in there.

Lol ya i did the same think and made a realistic team.

Edited by Hey man nice shot!, 28 May 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#23 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

Here's my cap-compliant roster.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Steven Stamkos ($7.500m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / James Neal ($5.000m) 
Gabriel Landeskog ($3.575m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Dustin Brown ($3.175m) 
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m) 
Riley Sheahan ($0.900m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.875m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) 
DEFENSEMEN
Drew Doughty ($7.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m) 
Alex Pietrangelo ($3.167m) / Kris Letang ($3.500m) 
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Kevin Shattenkirk ($1.300m) 
GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($5.800m) 
Petr Mrazek ($0.790m) 
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,746,666; BONUSES: $4,015,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $568,334

Here's how I did it:

*Rule #1: No one 30 or older.

*Step #1: I laid a nice, cheap foundation - third and fourth line, third-pairing, backup goalie.  I wanted to spend about $1mil per player.  I'm sure there are some better options out there, but I'm not all that familiar with the intricate details of other teams rosters, so I just went with suitable wings: Tatar, Nyquist, Brunner, Sheahan, Andersson, Abdelkader, DeKeyser Smith and Mrazek.  *EDIT: Smith out, Shattenkirk in.

*Step #2: I put together m
y choice top line.  The game-winners: Stamkos, Crosby, Neal, Doughty, Karlsson, Quick.

*Step #3: I bargain-shopped to fill out the second line.  Dustin Brown is someone I'd love to have on m
y team, and is a real bargain at about 3mil. Claude Giroux is perhaps the best bargain in the game at about 3mil.  Gabriel Landeskog is one of the brightest young stars in the game, and another bargain at about 3mil.  Kris Letang and Alex Pietrangelo are both big time steals at about 3mil too.

#24 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Here's my cap-compliant roster.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Steven Stamkos ($7.500m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / James Neal ($5.000m) 
Gabriel Landeskog ($3.575m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Dustin Brown ($3.175m) 
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m) 
Riley Sheahan ($0.900m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.875m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) 
DEFENSEMEN
Drew Doughty ($7.000m) / Erik Karlsson ($6.500m) 
Alex Pietrangelo ($3.167m) / Kris Letang ($3.500m) 
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Kevin Shattenkirk ($1.300m) 
GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Quick ($5.800m) 
Petr Mrazek ($0.790m) 
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,746,666; BONUSES: $4,015,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $568,334

Here's how I did it:

*Rule #1: No one 30 or older.

*Step #1: I laid a nice, cheap foundation - third and fourth line, third-pairing, backup goalie.  I wanted to spend about $1mil per player.  I'm sure there are some better options out there, but I'm not all that familiar with the intricate details of other teams rosters, so I just went with suitable wings: Tatar, Nyquist, Brunner, Sheahan, Andersson, Abdelkader, DeKeyser Smith and Mrazek.  *EDIT: Smith out, Shattenkirk in.

*Step #2: I put together m
y choice top line.  The game-winners: Stamkos, Crosby, Neal, Doughty, Karlsson, Quick.

*Step #3: I bargain-shopped to fill out the second line.  Dustin Brown is someone I'd love to have on m
y team, and is a real bargain at about 3mil. Claude Giroux is perhaps the best bargain in the game at about 3mil.  Gabriel Landeskog is one of the brightest young stars in the game, and another bargain at about 3mil.  Kris Letang and Alex Pietrangelo are both big time steals at about 3mil too.

Your team is 98% offence.  Only a handful of your guys can play actual defence.  But that's cool if that's the way you like it.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#25 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Your team is 98% offence.  Only a handful of your guys can play actual defence.  But that's cool if that's the way you like it.

And 3m over the cap. Lol

#26 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

And 3m over the cap. Lol

That's just the bonuses given to the red wings I cut to clear the roster; didn't realize there was that button to hit at the top of the page.

It's not.

Quick is the best goalie in hockey.  Crosby is one of the best defensive forwards in the league.  Brown is a great defensive forward.  That entire fourth line is solid defensively - Sheahan, Andersson, Abdelkader (and, of course, as I said, I'm sure there are other young players I'm not familiar with on other rosters at similar salaries who would be more suitable).  Doughty's great in his own zone.  Pietrangelo's great in his own zone.  DeKeyser's great in his own zone.  Letang, Karlsson and Shattenkirk are all underrated in their own zone.

Don't give me 98% bs.  

#27 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

Cap-space aside - - - as was the original intention of this thread - - - this is the 23 man roster I'd start a team with (now that I've put some more serious thought into it):

A. Ovechkin-S. Crosby-E. Malkin
S. Stamkos-J. Toews-J. Neal
C. Giroux-A. Kopitar-P. Kane
T. Seguin-J. Tavares-T. Hall
R. N-Hopkins, J. Eberle

S. Weber-E. Karlsson
A. Pietrangelo-D. Doughty

O. E-Larsson-K. Letang
K. Shattenkirk

J. Quick
C. Price

...I challenge anyone to find fault with that roster.

Edited by blueadams, 29 May 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#28 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

You win ... you're awesome.

#29 Solidus

Solidus

Jr. Prospect

• 19 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Can I just pick the 2002 Wings team? :lol:

#30 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

Nash - Datsyuk - Zetterberg

St.Louis - E. Staal - Benn

Vanek - Couture - Kessel

Parise - Begeron - Lucic

Subban - Suter

Keith - Hjalmarsson

Kronwall - McDonagh

Lundqvist and Howard

Edited by stillwater, 30 May 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#31 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Nash - Datsyuk - Zetterberg

St.Louis - E. Staal - Benn

Vanek - Couture - Kessel

Parise - Begeron - Lucic

Subban - Suter

Keith - Hjalmarsson

Kronwall - McDonagh

Lundqvist and Howard

That's an old team.  I'll leave my commentary at that.

#32 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

My team is cap compliant, has a good mix of youngsters and veterans, it can't be scored on, it puts up goals, and you would DEFINITELY not want to cross the blueline against it...

Lucic, Backes, Doan

E. Kane, Carter, A. Stewart

Abby, Helm, C. Neil

Kaleta, B. Boyle, Clutterbuck

Kronwall-Orpik

Dekeyser-Wisniewski

Yemelin-Volchenkov

Vokoun

Mrazek

Blueadams, my team would eat yours for lunch. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#33 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Cap-space aside - - - as was the original intention of this thread - - - this is the 23 man roster I'd start a team with (now that I've put some more serious thought into it):

R. N-Hopkins, J. Eberle

S. Weber-E. Karlsson

O. E-Larsson-K. Letang
K. Shattenkirk

J. Quick
C. Price

Dude are you serious? Pavel is EASILY a top 5 player in the league if not top 3. Please place the pipe down and walk away. Epic fail

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#34 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

Dude are you serious? Pavel is EASILY a top 5 player in the league if not top 3. Please place the pipe down and walk away. Epic fail

He has, what, 5 years left?  R. N-Hopkins might have 20.  

#35 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

R. N-Hopkins, J. Eberle

S. Weber-E. Karlsson

O. E-Larsson-K. Letang
K. Shattenkirk

J. Quick
C. Price

IF we are splitting hairs and trying to find problems I would say my only problem is that you have mostly RH dmen. That is all.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?