• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

Rate this topic

They're certainly buffoons, and I'm listening just to see how ridiculous they get, but this analysis of what Milbury actually said isn't exactly accurate. He didn't seem pleased with the call at all, said something like it or not, apparently that's today's NHL, in my day, that would've just been a good defensive play. I don't like defending the guy, but I didn't get the impression at all that he was really pleased with that call.

Milbury is one of the Bruins that, in the 70s, went up in to the crowd and fought the fans. He also signed DiPietro to the stupid contract when he was the GM of the Islanders.

It's best just to automatically disregard anything Milbury says.

Edited by WingTipMikey

The likes of Shaw and Bickel are more dangerous than Franzen, Fil, and Cleary. Cleary scores the odd goal but man does he kill so many plays with his brick hands. Franzen has turned into a complete ghost yet again. I thought playoffs were his time though. Nothing would make my summer complete than to see him bought out and shipped outta town. Smiths bipolar play continues to kill this team at crucial moments.

As much as I will be pulling for the Wings I think I am more likely to win the lottery than they are to take game 7 in Chicago with no momentum.

Not ashamed to admit that not only am I a girl, but that I cried like one. This game HURT, y'all. 2nd period had me all jazzed up, then the s*** show that was the third. I still can't even process what happened. I always say we can beat the refs too, but that's when they're handing out PPs, not penalty shots. I still cannot believe that was called, and that it was the GWG. Something is broken, and needs to be fixed.

Ben and Jerry's, here I come. LGW.

In the end, it boiled down to the penalty shot. Not much we can do about that, but come out more determined than ever in game 7. If anything, we proved in this game that we can play with them when they are fighting tooth and nail. We were all over them for a 30 minute stretch there. Need to focus on what was working in the 2nd half of the 1st and the 2nd period. Bottom line: we're still way ahead of where anyone thought we would be, including me.

Its because frolik sold it big time to Ohalloran... by basically just passing the puck into the corner after the weak slash. Watch it again, its plain as day obvious thats what he was doing.

Dan "the company man" "the I hate the city of Detroit" OHalloran didn't even flipping make the call.

And also the Blackhawks 2nd goal was an obvious offside

Sadly, no.

Offside (ice hockey)

For other uses, see Offside (disambiguation).

In ice hockey, a play is offside if a player on the attacking team enters the attacking zone before the puck does, unless the puck is sent or carried there by a defending player.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I fixed that for you. Are you really trying to throw Detroits best player this playoff under the buss?

Played bad in all 3rd periods these playoffs and had two bad games in these elimination games. The whole team choked but Howard did as well

you're darn right we can, that game should be in OT, Period. that was beyond ridiculous. How was he denied a reasonable goal scoring opportunity????? HOW?

that b.s. call directly lead to a 2 goal lead. So yeah, we can talk about the refs. These are supposed to be the best, they are supposed to have earned these games. that call was horrible.

his stick was on him for .5 seconds, and that's worthy of a penalty shot? it's not even worthy of a minor.

I don't disagree at all. You should've heard the fury of my verbal wrath directed at the TV. I'm just saying that the refs were hardly the only deciding factor. We allowed the refs bulls*** call to play a part in this game by not playing well enough at plenty of other times. Like it or not, they hurt themselves as much as the refs hurt us. Edited by gcom007

Brendan Smith is like a foreign spy on this team.

How can he intimidate Brickell (you could see it in the a-hole's body language) and NOT fight off that puck going in the net?

Sadly, no.Offside (ice hockey)For other uses, see Offside (disambiguation).In ice hockey, a play is offside if a player on the attacking team enters the attacking zone before the puck does, unless the puck is sent or carried there by a defending player.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Puck was battled back in I've seen a lot of refs blow that offside

Not ashamed to admit that not only am I a girl, but that I cried like one. This game HURT, y'all. 2nd period had me all jazzed up, then the s*** show that was the third. I still can't even process what happened. I always say we can beat the refs too, but that's when they're handing out PPs, not penalty shots. I still cannot believe that was called, and that it was the GWG. Something is broken, and needs to be fixed.

Ben and Jerry's, here I come. LGW.

Even in todays nhl that is not a penalty. Stick to stick contact is not a penalty unless the stick breaks. If that was a penalty there is 200 or so penalties a game....It's just so damn frustrating to see an obvious penalty not called that ends in a penalty shot for the other team on ther side.

never happens if they called the high stick that hit smith that eventually lead to the 2nd goal. just saying refs between that missed call and a penalty shot you decided this game

Was that a high stick? I didn't see a replay of that yet.

He jerked his head back, but that could be embellishment for all I know.

Franzen?

Franzen may have been the worst player on the ice tonight. Except for maybe two hits you could literally see him not trying/not reaching for the puck/not finishing most checks/not being in position to pick up the puck/ad nauseum, To me, he's the loser of the night because he DOES have all that talent and doesn't bother pushing with it. I.do.not.like.him.