• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

Rate this topic

Coaching only goes so far in the pros - it's about talent and effort. The Wings lose in the talent department, so they have to make it up in the effort department. when they don't, the talent gap becomes that much more noticeable.

Babcock can only do so much. 1 day, 2 days a week a month - it won't matter if the players can't execute the gameplan due to lack of talent and can't play sound fundamental hockey because of lack of effort.

Uh... DUH!... You have "met" GMR before right? Or at least seen his/her work on here? Some people just don't really thrive on the whole positive outlook phenomenon and it works for them.

I tried being positive here once, for a week or so, but got several complaints and wasn't good at it in general.

I believe in you, dude. Change is hard.

A part of me died when Lilja was let go.

Anyway, I've seen about ten Red Wings game 7's or so, and from what I remember, the team that scored first won ALL of those games.

First goal is huge Wednesday.

A part of me died when Lilja was let go.

Understandable. He was a stud.

I'm gonna go watch Game of Thrones. And eat more ice cream. And cry some more.

Edit: are you seriously telling me there wasn't a new episode of GoT last night?!?! What is life right now I can't even

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Well, I hope the Wings are happy with laying down and dying in the 3rd. All you gotta do is play keep away for 20 minutes and this series is over. Instead, we decide to make idiotic mistakes (I'm looking at you Smith) and let the Hawks back in the series. Hopefully we can regroup and make some noise Wednesday and tonight didn't deflate the guy's sails too badly.

Crowd giving it to the refs. Good.

That's very good to hear. I may not even watch Wednesday's game. I think the refs will be a major part of that outcome and I do not trust them as far as I could kick them. I emailed the NHL ref's association and told them as much. Sickening.

Okay so my first few posts on this forum were after the Wings win had put them up 3-1 in the series. Seems I may have swayed the mojo in a negative direction (if you believe in that sort of thing...I don't, but whatever). This was a tough one because I felt great during the second intermission. Then the third happened.

I agree with lots of the posters here that our odds just dropped dramatically (that's just basic math). I agree that Smith seems to be a beacon of misfortune, and I hate him at this moment as much as everyone else.

But, putting aside all probability and likelihood of victory after surrendering this advantage or that advantage, it's just one game to move on. Yes, I've seen the Wings piss away two chances to eliminate an opponent in this series. But I've also seen them take fate by the balls the two times that they've faced elimination in these playoffs.

I'm not going to say "if they lose, they got far....blah blah blah"; that's irrelevant and just loser-speak. I gave up on this team about an hour and a half ago, but I'm ready to buy back in. One game for all the marbles. Prove us all wrong, boys.

I just can't see how the wings could have 3 fluke games in a row that results in pure domination. Then completely fall apart. Pressure is all on the wings for this one. They aren't handling it well. You guys can keep saying its amazing accomplishment to be where we are now after this season and injuries. Reffing aside when your up 3-1 in a series and choke in 2 games its embarrassing.

Sigh my confidence has reached obviously point zero right now. I know this is a young and learning team, but at the end of the day choking away a 3:1 lead might hinder them for a long time, especially against the stupid Blackhawks.

We can blame the refs, league and whatever all day long, the fact doesn't change Wings have to play game 7 IN windy city. This team had two chances to close it out, absolutely sucked in game 5, sucked game 6 periood 3 and now we have to wait and see which team is going to show up on Thursday...

ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Tapatalk 2

That's very good to hear. I may not even watch Wednesday's game. I think the refs will be a major part of that outcome and I do not trust them as far as I could kick them. I emailed the NHL ref's association and told them as much. Sickening.

Can I have that email?

Don't blame the refs, Detroit played like utter garbage. Couldn't even cross the damn red line without turning it over.

Win or lose Wednesday, I'm still extremely excited for next years team!!

I don't agree with this. I think ref's calls and non-calls can get in a team's head and throw off their rhythm and screw up their game. And yeah, I know they're supposed to be pros AND THEY ARE. But some of those calls/non-calls were horrific. They get to a point where they don't know what's gonna happen next on the ice. And they had moments when they played very well.

Understandable. He was a stud.

I'm gonna go watch Game of Thrones. And eat more ice cream. And cry some more.

Edit: are you seriously telling me there wasn't a new episode of GoT last night?!?! What is life right now I can't even

I was all strapped in for potentially the best episode of the series last night and met he same fate. One week memorial day break. Tune in next Sunday, though, 'cuz s***'s going to get real.

drew

Young team on defense. Yes, it matters. I agree that the top six has been abysmal. Cleary and Filppula are to blame for this. The lines need juggling.

Good point about our young defense. I don't agree about Cleary. And Franzen's name should come in there big time.

I look for a 7 - 0 Wings victory in game 7, with goals by Holmstrom, Fedorov, Robitaille, Holmstrom, Hull, Olafson, and Datsyuk. Oh wait, that's the game 7 tape that I keep re-watching at times like this.

Sorry, but I don't have a good feeling about game 7, and I'm guessing that you guys who do have a good feeling, also had good feelings about games 5 and 6 also.

I agree that they have over-achieved in this playoffs, but I also think that this may be their high water mark for a while, because, talent wise, they just aren't that good.

Lets not pull a nucks and complain about s***. It's over and it's time to move on to game 7.

Id like to see a stronger effort from Smith and the first two lines Wednesday eve.

Guest The Axe

Lets not pull a nucks and complain about s***. It's over and it's time to move on to game 7.

Id like to see a stronger effort from Smith and the first two lines Wednesday eve.

Finally, a good post.