• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

Rate this topic

Agreed.

Our horrible pp/pk is what's giving the Hawks another chance at winning this series...These past 2 games out top 2 lines have been mostly AWOL as well.

Just frustrating is all.

Up 2-1 with a PP to close out the 2nd and they can't beat Crapford

inept finishing

I agree, but he should have challenged the shooter better.

Then again, we probably wouldn't have scored that 3rd goal if Howard stopped that shot. Just wasn't happening for the Wings tonight.

OK fine. But then I'm throwing in the fact that Howie had to be floored by that call, like most of the rest of the civilized nation. They're human. That includes Jimmy Howard. I say that the ref's collective, bulls*** calls and non-calls had a definite bearing on this game, including the mind-boggling penalty shot call. Sure he could have stopped it, but first he has to get over the call.

Howard did look pretty unraveled before the shot, but I agree that he's earned some slack.

Besides, he's not a robot. I'd be pretty pissed off after that call too.

:thumbs-up:

Babcock is a great coach, but he's not the reason we beat Anaheim in game 7. Line combos are only as good as the players who either do or don't show up.

If Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen don't show up for game 7, we won't win. Babcock can't turn s*** into candy.

:clap:

The worst part about this series is that I was just happy to be in the 2nd round. Then we went up 3-1 and I was excited but still in the mindset of just happy to still be playing. Now that we are on the crusp of something really cool I'm starting to buy in and then we start shooting ourselves in the foot.

Its the ultimate blue balls from the only team I've ever loved.

I don't know about you guys but Wednesday is gonna be a hellva up hill battle and I'm keeping my expectations very low. I understand that the Blackhawks were the best team in the regular season for a reason but f*** now that we are that close WE NEED TO BEAT THEM!!

Sorry if this was incoherant, I've had a few adult beverages :)

Is it safe to say cleary outplayed Franzen and fil this series or are we not ready to admit that

They've all been extremely underwhelming. Cleary generally acts like an idiot with the puck except for a few plays in which the best compliment you can say about him is that he didn't f*** it up. Of his four goals, one is an empty net and two, the puck glazed off of him from another persons shot. He's got a few assists that were good plays but nothing extraordinary. He still does a lot of stupid s*** offensively with the puck (read: his 2-1 today in which Fil was wide open and he shots a shot that gets blocked)

Franzen has done nothing except score some really nice goals when Pav or Z do most of the work to set him up. Cleary has been better than him.

Fil has extraordinary puck control and battling ability that results in sustained scoring pressure and scoring chances. Shift by shift, there is no way you can say Cleary has outperformed Filppula.

I tried being positive here once, for a week or so, but got several complaints and wasn't good at it in general.

If I was going to ignore you Iwould've done it years ago. The comedy of your negativity makes me laugh sometimes.

Uh... DUH!... You have "met" GMR before right? Or at least seen his/her work on here? Some people just don't really thrive on the whole positive outlook phenomenon and it works for them.

There's more to this. GMR at least has a twisted, likeable sense of humor. (Yeah, we're talking about you behind your back). Others on here are just Dips*** Debbie Downers, period. There IS a difference.

wow frolik admitted he lost the puck on purpose. No surprise there

From the replay, it didn't look on purpose at all.

So I guess he'd rather be known for embellishing than for stickhandling badly? :blink:

Damn ... another lost opportunity. I know we have to prepare for the NHL/refs pushing it to game 7 but did it have to be that obvious ... great penalty shot call on that little tap on the glove.

I like our chances ... wish we closed them out tonight but channel that Game 7 energy in Anaheim and we'll see the Hawks pout in their own home barn.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Understandable. He was a stud.

I'm gonna go watch Game of Thrones. And eat more ice cream. And cry some more.

Edit: are you seriously telling me there wasn't a new episode of GoT last night?!?! What is life right now I can't even

Trust me, if you haven't read the books, you did NOT want to see episode 9 last night, not after the Wings blew it like that. It would have been too much for you ;)

Trust me, if you haven't read the books, you did NOT want to see episode 9 last night, not after the Wings blew it like that. It would have been too much for you ;)

To do list for this week:

1.) Hide samurai sword so I'm not tempted to commit seppuku.

2.) Buy milk

3.) Egg Toews' house/car/mother

4.) Locate backup samurai sword in case seppuku is necessary.

5.) Buy more ice cream in case of seppuku!failure

6.) Cancel HBO

Why do I get the sinking feeling this is going to be a bad week? *sigh*

Guest Johnz96

Gator should have scored on that juicy rebound from the Datsyuk shot in the 3rd. Crawford was scrambling to get back into position after the save and the puck came right to him and he had a lot of empty net to shoot at. Not many hockey players would have missed that especially not NHL first-liners.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Tough way to lose. I thought we had them after 2. We didn't get that knockout punch on the PP at the end of the 2nd. Dats and Z both look out of gas. Flip and Mule are invisible. We need more scoring from these guys. Credit the 3rd and 4th lines for scoring. If we have ANY chance at winning Game 7 then it has to be #13 and #40 leading the way. Otherwise it's lights out. Chicago has too much momentum right now. That being said, anything can happen in a game 7. I admire Bab's confidence but what else is he going to say really? :lol: Keep the faith and hope for the best. We can still do it. Will we? I don't know.

If Mule doesn't want to play (evidence of yesterday) with all the turnovers and a terrible play resulting in their 3rd goal. ******* put in Bertuzzi. Chicago made changes to their lines when they had to, I hope Babcock does the same. Flip can just pack his bags already, he provides 0 help for Z on that 2nd line.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Flip has been the most disappointing player for me. He doesn't look very motivated to get a new contract from the Red Wings. He is making Kenny's decision easy really. That being said, as long as he is still a Red Wing then I hope he does well er something.

What a disappointing show from the Wings. I'm more upset by the non call when Smith got high sticked in the face and the sloppy play that lead to Handzus goal than the seemingly weak penalty shot call. I think Tootoo should get a shot next game. He is our only answer to Bickell.