• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

Rate this topic

I'm just wondering if this series isn't staged and the red wings are just playing bad so the Hawks can advance to the 3rd round. I like it how were up 3-1 now we are tied at 3. I told my father if we lose game 5 there will be a game 7. I guess I was right. The Red Wings blew it. Hopefully they come out with the best game of the series. Win or Lose at least the Red Wings didn't get swept and it took 7 Games. And at least the Red Wings made the Playoffs and went to the 2nd Round much more than we were supposed to do this year anyways. Red Wings fan since I was born 1986. Also I hope for line changes in game 7.

Edited by redhasek2013

To do list for this week:

1.) Hide samurai sword so I'm not tempted to commit seppuku.

2.) Buy milk

3.) Egg Toews' house/car/mother

4.) Locate backup samurai sword in case seppuku is necessary.

5.) Buy more ice cream in case of seppuku!failure

6.) Cancel HBO

Why do I get the sinking feeling this is going to be a bad week? *sigh*

My cable is getting cancelled today. IF, and that's a big IF my heart can handle what the refs have in store for us in game 7 and I actually watch it, I'll have to do it on my Xbox. I'm still pissed this morning and the NHL can still go f*** itself. If the Wings lose legitimately in game 7, then I'll renew my cable when hockey starts up again and get Gamecentre. But if it's like game 6 again and the Wings are never even given a chance cause of some of the worst officiating I've ever seen, I will renew neither. I know being an NHL ref is a hard job, but they're PAID professionals and they should act as such. Last night, they did not. I refuse to give TV broadcasters and the NHL what little money I have.

I'm just wondering if this series isn't staged and the red wings are just playing bad so the Hawks can advance to the 3rd round. I like it how were up 3-1 now we are tied at 3. I told my father if we lose game 5 there will be a game 7. I guess I was right. The Red Wings blew it. Hopefully they come out with the best game of the series. Win or Lose at least the Red Wings didn't get swept and it took 7 Games. And at least the Red Wings made the Playoffs and went to the 2nd Round much more than we were supposed to do this year anyways. Red Wings fan since I was born 1986. Also I hope for line changes in game 7.

A 3-1 series lead for the lower seeded team is always tricky and likely to be tied and it has nothing to do with being staged. In game 5, the best team in hockey in the regular season was on the verge of elimination, at home and just lost their last 3 games. You'd have to be nuts to think the Wings would win that one. Game 6 was the game we needed to win. We're at home, we have some desperation with not wanting the series to go back to Chicago. But we just have this one game to do it. A bad mistake, bad break, bad bounce, bad call or whatever happens (and it did for us) and there's a Game 7. Two of our three chances to eliminate them are on the road and that's pretty tough.

Game 7 in Chicago will be extremely tough, but a bad break here or there could make the difference again.

Definitely don't want to start a flaming war here, but I always wonder why, in both the playoffs and regular season, the other teams' rookies never seem to hand us the kind of gold-plated gifts that our rookies regularly hand to our opponents. I can't remember the last time a Wings player was camped out all alone in front of the net, due to an opponents rookie mistake.

Can I have that email?

I finally figured out you want the address! Here it is: www.nhlofficials.com

On the upper right there's a "contact us". Once you type in your "inquiry", you have to repeat a "secret code". (I'm not kidding...) You probably know this already, but don't leave any spaces between the letters and numbers in the code.

FEEL FREE, ALL WHO READ THIS.

If you told me b efore this series started that we would have 1 game for all the marbles against the #1 overall seed and huge favorite I would've been more than happy with those odds. Not happy with the way it's gotten to game 7 but we have our shot..time to put up or shut up. It's time for guys like Mule and Flip to get their s***t together. Z and D just need to be Z and D. Not sure who the pressue is on now? The team that blew the 3-1 lead or the #1 seed.

You know it does suck that we didn't finish this off last night. Saying that though, we are in a game 7 with the best team in the NHL. I will take that since we weren't "suppose" to beat the Ducks and everyone had written us off against the Hawks before this series started. Wings just have to forget about what happend in the past, and play there best game and Wings will beat the Hawks. That call on the breakaway was absolute garbage. Would love to see Pav and Z dominate game 7. I have faith, Let's Go Red Wings!!!!!

I can't say for sure he admitted 100%. Listen to his quotes.

http://www.csnchicago.com/video_content_type/frolik-breaks-down-penalty-shot-game-6-win

It's right at the beginning

I think you hear it the way you want to hear it. No matter what it's a weak call, but we should have never been in a situation where something like that matters.

Guest Playmaker

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm not in the "Well, if you had told us........" camp The fact is, the Wings were up 3-1 with all the momentum. Toews was lost and confused, Crawford hasn't been a brick wall, Howard was on fire, and game 5 was there for the taking. So was game 6. Too many mistakes, not enough emotion, and too many veterans were no shows.

I think you hear it the way you want to hear it. No matter what it's a weak call, but we should have never been in a situation where something like that matters.

You can see it in the video, once he feels contact he dumps the puck into the corner.

Dunno what is more frustrating.To watch our young D men learning the hard way or refs calls by the book after letting them play the Playoffs style.

Some adjustments need to be be made for game 7.Our top 6 doesn't look good at all lately.

went to the game. first playoff game. After our first goal the crowd was banging (dear lord i hope we stop with the chicago sucks chant). After the second goal, crowd was really banging (it was beautiful). Then I feel like so many people were stuck waiting in lines for bathroom or concession (i missed 7 minutes into the 2nd waiting to use the bathroom) and the wings matched the crowd in not really showing up for the 3rd. Also saw 2 fights (one during and one after) all between wings fans. as for the play.. hawks looked slow and steady, on the attack. wings top 2 lines didnt play offense, looked like they were playing not get scored on the whole game (bad strategy if you ask me). Bottom two lines were strong, consistent. Filpula, Franzen, Zetterberg, Datsyuk (aside from dangling all 5 hawks players at one point) (cleary sucks), kinda didn't really notice them at all...and I was at the game! To me, this was rigged. Maybe sports are a sham. I don't know but to sum it up the wings looked like a really talented team, with extremely talented players, holding back on hits, shots, back checking, fore checking, like the mob was gonna get them if they gave 100%. At one point i saw franzen go to hit someone, stop, and then coast by him continuing to coast not seeming to care? The wings that won last series and 3 games this series was not the team we've seen the last 2 games. They don't seem to want to win ( -jimmy, he's always great) especially when they go down a goal or 2. Goodbye $95 (+30 for 3 beers) and 5 hours of my life (+ 1 hour waiting in various lines) OH, and the hawks looked bland, which means the wings looked really bland. For entertainment sake, the spectacle was much greater than the game.

I would give anything for Babcock to put white in for smith. He can't instill too much confidence when we have a handicap playing top 4 minutes. How many times does the guy have to put out a full on s*** show before he gets benched . So depressing watching this man fall apart in big games with the only excuse being his growing pains. Take smith out and this team is much better simple as that. He hasn't gotten better just letting him fry in huge games and hoping he doesn't cost us too many goals. It's better for the team and his development to not play until he's ready (hopefully it will be on a different team when he's ready)

Edited by joesuffP

Guest Johnz96

He may have tapped him on the stick between the hands. It was a tap definitely not a slash and Frolick actually maintained control of the puck and shot it well after the tap. Terrible call. Bad officiating affects the outcome of way too mamny games in the NHL.

Edited by Johnz96

I seriously dreamt about getting eliminated ALL NIGHT LONG. Granted, we were playing the Rangers for some reason, but it did not make for a restful night by any means. I woke up stressed with a pounding headache. Red Wings, life would be so much easier if I could quit you...

This one hit me right in the feels, folks.

Dunno what is more frustrating.To watch our young D men learning the hard way or refs calls by the book after letting them play the Playoffs style.

Some adjustments need to be be made for game 7.Our top 6 doesn't look good at all lately.

Tuzzi should come in. Hawks won't push him around for 1 second.