• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

It was not an elimination game for the Wings, only for the Blackhawks.

We just lost two elimination games in a row were 2-2

No we didn't. What he was reffering to was when we were facing elimination, with our backs against the walls we seem to play much harder. That being said, I really hope we win tomorrow, but I have a bad feeling about game 7 at the madhouse.

Even if they lose - which is very likely odds are against them right now - the team did far better than I expected them to do. Having that said, choking away a 3:1 could shatter their confidence for a long time, I mean this team would be the laughing stock of the NHL. I really hope, the Wings are using it as a motivation and give everything they have left in the tank in game 7, if they fail so be it but at least go down fighting.

Man how cool would it be, if an awesome fan would throw an octopi on the ice IN windycity ˆˆ

My cable is getting cancelled today. IF, and that's a big IF my heart can handle what the refs have in store for us in game 7 and I actually watch it, I'll have to do it on my Xbox. I'm still pissed this morning and the NHL can still go f*** itself. If the Wings lose legitimately in game 7, then I'll renew my cable when hockey starts up again and get Gamecentre. But if it's like game 6 again and the Wings are never even given a chance cause of some of the worst officiating I've ever seen, I will renew neither. I know being an NHL ref is a hard job, but they're PAID professionals and they should act as such. Last night, they did not. I refuse to give TV broadcasters and the NHL what little money I have.

You'll be back. ;)

I consider it an elimination game either way not do or die but still with elimination on the line. So you think last year LA didn't play a single elimination game?

no they did not. they eliminated teams, but they never once faced elimination, or had their backs against the wall.

no they did not. they eliminated teams, but they never once faced elimination, or had their backs against the wall.

I still think your record with elimination on the line is a telling stat I always keep track of it during the playoffs.... I just won't call it elimination games anymore I thought everyone considered it the same

CBC HNIC Game 6 intro (for those of us scrubs who are stuck watching NBC). I am amazed that there is all this additional footage from other camera angles for some of these plays and play reactions on the bench. Does NBC just throw them in the garbage? Or do they actually both have their own cameras/cameramen and don't share footage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JOa9tkXJkxk

Also saw this on Puck Daddy blog:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/339414544587841536

WTF, Hawks shenanigans pregame throwing pucks into our nets?

• Along with Jamal Mayers getting fined a half day's pay ($1,600) for shooting pucks into Detroit's net before Game 5, the Chicago Blackhawks were also docked $10,000. Because that'll teach 'em! [@DarrenDreger]

EDIT (added video):

http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/latest/1/0/934833/clip/0

Edited by Rhah

I still think your record with elimination on the line is a telling stat I always keep track of it during the playoffs.... I just won't call it elimination games anymore I thought everyone considered it the same

Since 2008 the Red Wings have been considerably worse at closing out series. What stats do you have on that? Just curious...

What's the alternative? An ice cold white?

Colin was cold when he came in and did a good job. Lashoff has the same experience as Smith, but bigger. Babs is caught between a rock and a hard spot. The forwards need to be aware when Smith is on the ice and cover for him.

The worst part about this series is that I was just happy to be in the 2nd round. Then we went up 3-1 and I was excited but still in the mindset of just happy to still be playing. Now that we are on the crusp of something really cool I'm starting to buy in and then we start shooting ourselves in the foot.

Its the ultimate blue balls from the only team I've ever loved.

I don't know about you guys but Wednesday is gonna be a hellva up hill battle and I'm keeping my expectations very low. I understand that the Blackhawks were the best team in the regular season for a reason but f*** now that we are that close WE NEED TO BEAT THEM!!

Sorry if this was incoherant, I've had a few adult beverages :)

For sure.

I wish the sequence of wins was different in this series. Then if we lost game 7, we could still save face and not feel like we choked. Instead, if we lose tomorrow, it's a choke of sorts.

At this point, either team that loses tomorrow will be considered chokers.

Since 2008 the Red Wings have been considerably worse at closing out series. What stats do you have on that? Just curious...

Not sure if you're talking about the same thing, but before we played Dallas in 2008, the Wings had won 12 straight games when the "other" team was facing elimination. That's an NHL record from what I remember. An amazing stat really.

Since that Dallas series in 2008, we're 8-10, when the other team is facing elimination. Obviously, a less effective record, but probably more realistic across the board. The team before this generation's Wings was ridiculously good at putting someone away.

Look at the bright side, we are 2-0 in elimination games this year and 1-0 in game sevens.

I believe I just heard on Fox Deetroit that the Wings have won seven semi-finals games (?) and the Hawks, one. Did I hear that right? Anybody?

Not sure if you're talking about the same thing, but before we played Dallas in 2008, the Wings had won 12 straight games when the "other" team was facing elimination. That's an NHL record from what I remember. An amazing stat really.

Since that Dallas series in 2008, we're 8-10, when the other team is facing elimination. Obviously, a less effective record, but probably more realistic across the board. The team before this generation's Wings was ridiculously good at putting someone away.

Yea, that answers my question. Thanks.

My entire hockey watching career has involved those killer Wings. Now it's a little strange to see them struggling. On the bright side, 8 series wins!

Haven't read through the entire thread, mostly because I don't want to experience the frustration of watching the game live last night all over again.

* The officiating was a joke. I don't want to go all Johnny Toews whiner here, but this is what fans of the NHL mean when they say refs far too often play a major role in the outcome of games. No hand pass on the Bickell goal? Obviously the penalty shot call was the back-breaker. The lack of consistency is what infuriates me the most. They get Kindl for interference very early and then the Blackhawks turn around and obstruct players coming into the zone all night with no penalties. I would prefer they let them play this time of year, but if you are going to blow the whistle, do it both ways.

* Where are the Wings best players offensively? It isn't enough they are just negating Chicago's skill players for large chunks of the series. Franzen and Filppula are complete non-factors still. Meanwhile, Hossa was IMO the best player on the ice in Game 6. Franzen's act of being a playoff performer is over. He hasn't showed up there either now for years. Filppula shouldn't get re-signed no matter what the price is. There are better alternatives that will fit the Red Wings needs more this summer.

* Drew Miller and Patrick Eaves are perfect role players.

* The Wings PP is atrocious. Babs needs to go back to Pavel and Z together.

* The Red Wings need three periods like the second period they played in Game 6. They can win Game 7, but it's going to be extremely challenging at this point. Everything is completely in the Blackhawks favor now.

Refs were completely trash, heard it all day today and still beyond livid from them. Yeah f*** you refs, and worse part about it, I thought the refs were doing a good job until this game. Now, there is some reason that I think the Red Wings will come out and play great hockey and pull this off either 4-2 or 3-2.

Edited by HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Look at the bright side, we are 2-0 in elimination games this year and 1-0 in game sevens.

they are 6-0 in "must win" games if you count the last 4 games of the regular season. If we lost one of those, we would not have even made the playoffs.

I think this will either be a really close game, or a blowout wings win. We have exploited Crawford a few times this series and he's given up some pretty bad goals. If we can solve him early (which I don't think we've done all series), we can open him up. That wont happen to Howard, which is why I think if we lose it will be a close game

For sure.

I wish the sequence of wins was different in this series. Then if we lost game 7, we could still save face and not feel like we choked. Instead, if we lose tomorrow, it's a choke of sorts.

At this point, either team that loses tomorrow will be considered chokers.

I was thinking about this earlier today and agree with it.

It's interesting how for some (or most, idk) fans they didn't have much of an expectation for this team in the playoffs, then when they start buying in and the team drops a couple, it becomes an embarrassing choke job.

That's not a knock on anyone if it came out that way. It's an understandable viewpoint for any team really that's up 3-0 or 3-1 in a series and I agree with it-- if they lose tomorrow, it's just embarrassing imo. It would've been easier to handle if the sequence was different even though the 3-3 outcome is the same. I just find it interesting how it's like this.

I was thinking about this earlier today and agree with it.

It's interesting how for some (or most, idk) fans they didn't have much of an expectation for this team in the playoffs, then when they start buying in and the team drops a couple, it becomes an embarrassing choke job.

That's not a knock on anyone if it came out that way. It's an understandable viewpoint for any team really that's up 3-0 or 3-1 in a series and I agree with it-- if they lose tomorrow, it's just embarrassing imo. It would've been easier to handle if the sequence was different even though the 3-3 outcome is the same. I just find it interesting how it's like this.

On the bright side, it still wouldn't be as big a chokejob as the 1942 Wings. ;)