Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

• Please log in to reply
1258 replies to this topic

#41 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

Z, you know what to do.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#42 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

Has anyone seen Wannabe-Hockey-Player-Mayer on the ice during the games?  I thought not.  It's his only chance to even swing a stick.  A-hole, personified.  

I furthermore hope the Wings really REALLY take that to heart.  And get pissed.  And take revenge on Those Winners Who Seem to Manage to Mostly be Losers;  Or Who Mostly Succeed at Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory.   (Say that ten times fast!)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#43 Icteria virens

Icteria virens

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

come on boys!

more direct play to the net, get some pressure and crowd the net, we've become too fancy, DIRECT play

and simple clearances from our own end

LET'S GO RED WINGS

#44 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

GO WINGS GO!

Send the Toewsbaby to the golf course. 

It is widely believed he now goes by CamelToews. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#45 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,908 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

It is widely believed he now goes by CamelToews. 

I do NOT want to see that in a photoshop.

(but it was funny)

#46 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

This game starts at 2 am(not really, thanks NBC) GMT+1 May 28th. My birthday is May 28th. Come on Wings, give me the Conference Finals as a gift! GO WINGS!

6659719_std.jpg

We shall light the beacons to signal a Red Wings victory to you.  Godspeed weary traveller of ye old European mountainside.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#47 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Better he shoots them into our net during warm-ups than during the game.

Warm-up is as close as that plugger is going to get to scoring a goal. lol

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#48 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Mayers should've just went all Aaron Downey and stood at the red line to do his bidding. No flying pucks, no fines. Guess he's just not that smart..

#49 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Has anyone seen Wannabe-Hockey-Player-Mayer on the ice during the games?  I thought not.  It's his only chance to even swing a stick.  A-hole, personified.  

I furthermore hope the Wings really REALLY take that to heart.  And get pissed.  And take revenge on Those Winners Who Seem to Manage to Mostly be Losers;  Or Who Mostly Succeed at Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory.   (Say that ten times fast!)

seeing how the wings skated in game 5, doubt they took it to heart and got pissed.

• DBR likes this

#50 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

More nervous for this game than any so far in the playoffs.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#51 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Mayers should've just went all Aaron Downey and stood at the red line to do his bidding. No flying pucks, no fines. Guess he's just not that smart..

You can count on that.  Take it to any Deetroit bank.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#52 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

More nervous for this game than any so far in the playoffs.  

Its because, for the first time this post-season the Wings are actually under pressure.  Game 7 against Anaheim, we'd already exceeded expectations and everyone was happy.

We shall light the beacons to signal a Red Wings victory to you.  Godspeed weary traveller of ye old European mountainside

I don't have the talent for it, but there is some serious photoshop/gif potential in that scene.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#53 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Its because, for the first time this post-season the Wings are actually under pressure.  Game 7 against Anaheim, we'd already exceeded expectations and everyone was happy.

I don't have the talent for it, but there is some serious photoshop/gif potential in that scene.

Z in a Gandalf robe with a wizard staff sending our 3rd line to light the beacons? 

#54 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

I really think the Wings are going to pull this one out here at home. The crowd will be going nuts hopefully and I'm sure the team will feed off it and manage to pull out a W. I would love for a blowout which we haven't seen since playing Vancouver earlier in the season but I doubt that will happen. I'm sure it will be another nail biter down to the end. 

3-1 Wings. Kronwall, Pav, Hank (EN)

#55 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

I'm really hoping we get to see that red 8 at the top of the page tonight. 

And handshakes!!  I must have handshakes tonight!!!  LGW!

Edit to add some words of reassurance:

tumblr_mn26w7zDf01rn5vzno4_400_zpsf7490a

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 27 May 2013 - 01:36 PM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#56 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

Kronwall is due there is no doubt about it. I'm going with a Kronwall hat trick. 1 goal, 1 assist, and 1 "you got Kronwalled"... 4-1 wings (Kronner, Dats, and Mule x 2)

I really think the Wings are going to pull this one out here at home. The crowd will be going nuts hopefully and I'm sure the team will feed off it and manage to pull out a W. I would love for a blowout which we haven't seen since playing Vancouver earlier in the season but I doubt that will happen. I'm sure it will be another nail biter down to the end. 

3-1 Wings. Kronwall, Pav, Hank (EN)

Edited by MasterPavel, 27 May 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#57 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

it will not consist of  blowout 3-2 Wings Jimmy will stand tall

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#58 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

Please no overtime!!

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#59 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Get it done
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#60 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

I say go ahead and coast thru this game and lets beat them in OT at their place game 7....yanno, steal their souls before we head east.