Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

• Please log in to reply
1258 replies to this topic

#1101 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'd rather put blame on things we can change. The whole team top to bottom gave up after giving up the early goal. Howard was so mad about the penalty shot call he didn't even move on the shot

#1102 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Still a little shocked.  Man...  Just really thought they had it. 

#1103 WingTipMikey

WingTipMikey

Draftee

• 12 posts

They're certainly buffoons, and I'm listening just to see how ridiculous they get, but this analysis of what Milbury actually said isn't exactly accurate. He didn't seem pleased with the call at all, said something like it or not, apparently that's today's NHL, in my day, that would've just been a good defensive play. I don't like defending the guy, but I didn't get the impression at all that he was really pleased with that call.

Milbury is one of the Bruins that, in the 70s, went up in to the crowd and fought the fans. He also signed DiPietro to the stupid contract when he was the GM of the Islanders.

It's best just to automatically disregard anything Milbury says.

Edited by WingTipMikey, 27 May 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#1104 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

The likes of Shaw and Bickel are more dangerous than Franzen, Fil, and Cleary. Cleary scores the odd goal but man does he kill so many plays with his brick hands. Franzen has turned into a complete ghost yet again. I thought playoffs were his time though. Nothing would make my summer complete than to see him bought out and shipped outta town. Smiths bipolar play continues to kill this team at crucial moments.  

As much as I will be pulling for the Wings I think I am more likely to win the lottery than they are to take game 7 in Chicago with no momentum.

#1105 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

No matter what has happened thus far game 7 is a one game coin flip. Both terrifying and exciting at once. Buckle up

#1106 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Not ashamed to admit that not only am I a girl, but that I cried like one. This game HURT, y'all. 2nd period had me all jazzed up, then the s*** show that was the third. I still can't even process what happened. I always say we can beat the refs too, but that's when they're handing out PPs, not penalty shots. I still cannot believe that was called, and that it was the GWG. Something is broken, and needs to be fixed.

Ben and Jerry's, here I come. LGW.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1107 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,640 posts

We won 61% of the faceoffs tonight.

Wish we could win the ones towards the end there.  Would have at least made it somewhat interesting.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1108 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

And also the Blackhawks 2nd goal was an obvious offside

Edited by joesuffP, 27 May 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#1109 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

So I didn't get to watch the game (except for the last few minutes).  Anybody want to give me a summer...without blaming the refs?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#1110 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Howard's The Wings have 20 goals allowed in the 3rd period is so clutch.

I fixed that for you. Are you really trying to throw Detroits best player this playoff under the buss?

#1111 TigerDan

TigerDan

Goon

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

In the end, it boiled down to the penalty shot.  Not much we can do about that, but come out more determined than ever in game 7.  If anything, we proved in this game that we can play with them when they are fighting tooth and nail.  We were all over them for a 30 minute stretch there.  Need to focus on what was working in the 2nd half of the 1st and the 2nd period.  Bottom line: we're still way ahead of where anyone thought we would be, including me. 

"This young man has had a very trying rookie season. What with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him? Whhelll, I guess that's more than most 21 year olds could handle."

#1112 Icteria virens

Icteria virens

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

Its because frolik sold it big time to Ohalloran... by basically just passing the puck into the corner after the weak slash.  Watch it again, its plain as day obvious thats what he was doing.

Dan "the company man" "the I hate the city of Detroit" OHalloran didn't even flipping make the call.

#1113 BigWinston

BigWinston

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

And also the Blackhawks 2nd goal was an obvious offside

Sadly, no.

Offside (ice hockey)
For other uses, see Offside (disambiguation).
In ice hockey, a play is offside if a player on the attacking team enters the attacking zone before the puck does, unless the puck is sent or carried there by a defending player.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

#1114 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

I fixed that for you. Are you really trying to throw Detroits best player this playoff under the buss?

Played bad in all 3rd periods these playoffs and had two bad games in these elimination games. The whole team choked but Howard did as well

#1115 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,640 posts

So I didn't get to watch the game (except for the last few minutes).  Anybody want to give me a summer...without blaming the refs?

Brendan Smith on defense.

Invisible play from our top players on offense.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1116 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

never happens if they called the high stick that hit smith that eventually lead to the 2nd goal. just saying refs between that missed call and a penalty shot you decided this game

#1117 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

you're darn right we can, that game should be in OT, Period. that was beyond ridiculous. How was he denied a reasonable goal scoring opportunity????? HOW?

that b.s. call directly lead to a 2 goal lead. So yeah, we can talk about the refs. These are supposed to be the best, they are supposed to have earned these games. that call was horrible.

his stick was on him for .5 seconds, and that's worthy of a penalty shot? it's not even worthy of a minor.

I don't disagree at all. You should've heard the fury of my verbal wrath directed at the TV. I'm just saying that the refs were hardly the only deciding factor. We allowed the refs bulls*** call to play a part in this game by not playing well enough at plenty of other times. Like it or not, they hurt themselves as much as the refs hurt us.

Edited by gcom007, 27 May 2013 - 10:12 PM.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#1118 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Brendan Smith is like a foreign spy on this team.  

How can he intimidate Brickell (you could see it in the a-hole's body language) and NOT fight off that puck going in the net?

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1119 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Sadly, no.Offside (ice hockey)For other uses, see Offside (disambiguation).In ice hockey, a play is offside if a player on the attacking team enters the attacking zone before the puck does, unless the puck is sent or carried there by a defending player.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Puck was battled back in I've seen a lot of refs blow that offside

#1120 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Not ashamed to admit that not only am I a girl, but that I cried like one. This game HURT, y'all. 2nd period had me all jazzed up, then the s*** show that was the third. I still can't even process what happened. I always say we can beat the refs too, but that's when they're handing out PPs, not penalty shots. I still cannot believe that was called, and that it was the GWG. Something is broken, and needs to be fixed.

Ben and Jerry's, here I come. LGW.

Even in todays nhl that is not a penalty. Stick to stick contact is not a penalty unless the stick breaks. If that was a penalty there is 200 or so penalties a game....It's just so damn frustrating to see an obvious penalty not called that ends in a penalty shot for the other team on ther side.