Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

• Please log in to reply
1258 replies to this topic

#1141 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

You know what?  That was the worst call tonight and that's going some.   Howard has stood on his head for this team throughout the playoffs.  I'm sick to death of these simplistic knee-jerk responses from some posters here.  GET.REAL.

I agree, but he should have challenged the shooter better.  

Then again, we probably wouldn't have scored that 3rd goal if Howard stopped that shot.  Just wasn't happening for the Wings tonight.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1142 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

win or lose this team I think has gone farther than any of us expected.

we will be even better next year.

Personally, I don't give a **** about next year right now.  If you have a 3-1 lead, and a lead going into the 3rd period at home in game 6, you should win the series.  The Wings came out with a piss poor effort, while the Hawks came out in game 5 on fire.  They are not that much more talented than the Wings, they are out working the Wings.  That's where I have the issue.

#1143 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

It doesn't, but if we use that series as example, the Sharks were going home for game 7.  So are the Hawks.

I still wish this game was tomorrow.  Not healthy for us or the Wings to sit around for two days thinking about this game.

It gives one of the best coaches in the game some time to work his magic.

#1144 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

You know what?  That was the worst call tonight and that's going some.   Howard has stood on his head for this team throughout the playoffs.  I'm sick to death of these simplistic knee-jerk responses from some posters here.  GET.REAL.

Howard did look pretty unraveled before the shot, but I agree that he's earned some slack.

Besides, he's not a robot. I'd be pretty pissed off after that call too.

#1145 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

Doesn't matter how much magic Babcock has if his players aren't willing to put forth the effort needed.  Hold the 1 goal lead.  You have a top 5 goalie behind you for f***'s sake.  Give the guy a hand.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#1146 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

Personally, I don't give a **** about next year right now.  If you have a 3-1 lead, and a lead going into the 3rd period at home in game 6, you should win the series.  The Wings came out with a piss poor effort, while the Hawks came out in game 5 on fire.  They are not that much more talented than the Wings, they are out working the Wings.  That's where I have the issue.

Looks like those 3 wins may have been a fluke. Good season but 3-1 lead in a series no way you should blow that.

#1147 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

You have one more game to make me a believer Franzen...let's show up for this one, eh?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#1148 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Babcock is a great coach, but he's not the reason we beat Anaheim in game 7.  Line combos are only as good as the players who either do or don't show up.

If Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen don't show up for game 7, we won't win.  Babcock can't turn s*** into candy.

#1149 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

I agree, but he should have challenged the shooter better.  

Then again, we probably wouldn't have scored that 3rd goal if Howard stopped that shot.  Just wasn't happening for the Wings tonight.  

Do you live on this site just to spread negativity 24/7? Take a breather, get some sleep..get your happy boots on and attempt to be positive and cheer this team on Wednesday night. 

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#1150 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

I can't defend smith anymore, these are not rookie mistakes. I can maybe defend a forward for losing his man, but not a Dman. The scheme was man to man how do you let your guy sit in front of the net? Datsyuk and Z need to step up big time in game 7. The 3rd and 4th lines can not continue to carry this team and expect to win.

#1151 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

You have one more game to make me a believer Franzen...let's show up for this one, eh?

Who is Franzen?  I don't really know of anybody by that particular name. 

#1152 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

His magic should be spent on trying to improve the pk/pp.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#1153 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

I agree..never been a hater but he is such a float sack sometimes.  Pucks landing right on his tape and he can't even get a shot away. Him and Flip need to sniff some of those salts, drink 11 cups of coffee and slam some Red Bull before next game.  WAKE UP !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#1154 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Do you live on this site just to spread negativity 24/7? Take a breather, get some sleep..get your happy boots on and attempt to be positive and cheer this team on Wednesday night. 

Just stating my opinion.  I'm not here to attempt to do anything.  If I feel good about our chances, like I did against Anaheim, I'll say so.  If not, I won't.

Don't like it, put me on ignore.  I'm not here to post according to your wishes.  

#1155 Icteria virens

Icteria virens

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

if this isn't a penalty, then neither was the other.

#1156 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Do you live on this site just to spread negativity 24/7?

Uh...  DUH!...  You have "met" GMR before right?  Or at least seen his/her work on here?  Some people just don't really thrive on the whole positive outlook phenomenon and it works for them. 

#1157 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Coaching only goes so far in the pros - it's about talent and effort.  The Wings lose in the talent department, so they have to make it up in the effort department.  when they don't, the talent gap becomes that much more noticeable.

Babcock can only do so much. 1 day, 2 days a week a month - it won't matter if the players can't execute the gameplan due to lack of talent and can't play sound fundamental hockey because of lack of effort.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#1158 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Uh...  DUH!...  You have "met" GMR before right?  Or at least seen his/her work on here?  Some people just don't really thrive on the whole positive outlook phenomenon and it works for them. 

I tried being positive here once, for a week or so, but got several complaints and wasn't good at it in general.  

#1159 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

I tried being positive here once, for a week or so, but got several complaints and wasn't good at it in general.  

I believe in you, dude. Change is hard.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#1160 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I believe in you, dude. Change is hard.

A part of me died when Lilja was let go.  

Anyway, I've seen about ten Red Wings game 7's or so, and from what I remember, the team that scored first won ALL of those games.

First goal is huge Wednesday.