Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

• Please log in to reply
1258 replies to this topic

#1181 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Agreed.

Our horrible pp/pk is what's giving the Hawks another chance at winning this series...These past 2 games out top 2 lines have been mostly AWOL as well. 

Just frustrating is all.

Up 2-1 with a PP to close out the 2nd and they can't beat Crapford

inept finishing

#1182 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

I agree, but he should have challenged the shooter better.  

Then again, we probably wouldn't have scored that 3rd goal if Howard stopped that shot.  Just wasn't happening for the Wings tonight.  

OK fine.  But then I'm throwing in the fact that Howie had to be floored by that call, like most of the rest of the civilized nation.  They're human.  That includes Jimmy Howard.  I say that the ref's collective, bulls*** calls and non-calls had a definite bearing on this game, including the mind-boggling penalty shot call.  Sure he could have stopped it, but first he has to get over the call.

Howard did look pretty unraveled before the shot, but I agree that he's earned some slack.

Besides, he's not a robot. I'd be pretty pissed off after that call too.

:thumbs-up:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1183 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

Modano deleted the tweet. Coward.

#1184 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

Babcock is a great coach, but he's not the reason we beat Anaheim in game 7.  Line combos are only as good as the players who either do or don't show up.

If Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen don't show up for game 7, we won't win.  Babcock can't turn s*** into candy.

:clap:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1185 Wingnut in WA

Wingnut in WA

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

The worst part about this series is that I was just happy to be in the 2nd round. Then we went up 3-1 and I was excited but still in the mindset of just happy to still be playing. Now that we are on the crusp of something really cool I'm starting to buy in and then we start shooting ourselves in the foot.

Its the ultimate blue balls from the only team I've ever loved.

I don't know about you guys but Wednesday is gonna be a hellva up hill battle and I'm keeping my expectations very low. I understand that the Blackhawks were the best team in the regular season for a reason but f*** now that we are that close WE NEED TO BEAT THEM!!

Sorry if this was incoherant, I've had a few adult beverages :)

#1186 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

Is it safe to say cleary outplayed Franzen and fil this series or are we not ready to admit that

They've all been extremely underwhelming. Cleary generally acts like an idiot with the puck except for a few plays in which the best compliment you can say about him is that he didn't f*** it up. Of his four goals, one is an empty net and two, the puck glazed off of him from another persons shot. He's got a few assists that were good plays but nothing extraordinary. He still does a lot of stupid s*** offensively with the puck (read: his 2-1 today in which Fil was wide open and he shots a shot that gets blocked)

Franzen has done nothing except score some really nice goals when Pav or Z do most of the work to set him up. Cleary has been better than him.

Fil has extraordinary puck control and battling ability that results in sustained scoring pressure and scoring chances. Shift by shift, there is no way you can say Cleary has outperformed Filppula.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#1187 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

I tried being positive here once, for a week or so, but got several complaints and wasn't good at it in general.  

If I was going to ignore you  Iwould've done it years ago.  The comedy of your negativity makes me laugh sometimes.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#1188 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,752 posts

The worst part about this series is that I was just happy to be in the 2nd round. Then we went up 3-1 and I was excited but still in the mindset of just happy to still be playing. Now that we are on the crusp of something really cool I'm starting to buy in and then we start shooting ourselves in the foot.

Its the ultimate blue balls from the only team I've ever loved.

I don't know about you guys but Wednesday is gonna be a hellva up hill battle and I'm keeping my expectations very low. I understand that the Blackhawks were the best team in the regular season for a reason but f*** now that we are that close WE NEED TO BEAT THEM!!

Sorry if this was incoherant, I've had a few adult beverages :)

I have the same license plate bracket :lol:

When  the Wings went up on the series 3-1 - I began thinking about who I'd rather see Detroit face for the Western Conference finals...I never considered the Blackhawks were outta the playoff picture, but I figured we should be able to knock them out in games 5, or 6.

Now we gotta go back to their barn...

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#1189 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Uh...  DUH!...  You have "met" GMR before right?  Or at least seen his/her work on here?  Some people just don't really thrive on the whole positive outlook phenomenon and it works for them. 

There's more to this.  GMR at least has a twisted, likeable sense of humor.  (Yeah, we're talking about you behind your back).  Others on here are just Dips*** Debbie Downers, period.  There IS a difference.

#1190 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

If I was going to ignore you  Iwould've done it years ago.  The comedy of your negativity makes me laugh sometimes.

Personally I find GMR's "man love" for Lilja to be hilarious.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#1191 Supface

Supface

Rookie

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

For all the naysayers going into game 7:

#1192 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

wow frolik admitted he lost the puck on purpose. No surprise there

#1193 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

wow frolik admitted he lost the puck on purpose. No surprise there

From the replay, it didn't look on purpose at all.

So I guess he'd rather be known for embellishing than for stickhandling badly? :blink:

#1194 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

Damn ... another lost opportunity.  I know we have to prepare for the NHL/refs pushing it to game 7 but did it have to be that obvious ... great penalty shot call on that little tap on the glove.  

I like our chances ... wish we closed them out tonight but channel that Game 7 energy in Anaheim and we'll see the Hawks pout in their own home barn.  

Edited by RedWingsRox, 27 May 2013 - 11:58 PM.

#1195 wheelchairwing

wheelchairwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

They had it in the palm of their hands and gave it away ... youth is hard to swallow ... I still think we can win, though ... so depressing ...

#1196 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

Babcock ... no practice tomorrow.  Just show them the video of game 7 vs. Anaheim.  

#1197 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

its going to be very hard to beat them in the madehouse but until that 3rd period is over and we are down I still think we can pull it off

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#1198 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:42 AM

Understandable. He was a stud.

I'm gonna go watch Game of Thrones. And eat more ice cream. And cry some more.

Edit: are you seriously telling me there wasn't a new episode of GoT last night?!?! What is life right now I can't even

Trust me, if you haven't read the books, you did NOT want to see episode 9 last night, not after the Wings blew it like that.  It would have been too much for you ;)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#1199 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

Trust me, if you haven't read the books, you did NOT want to see episode 9 last night, not after the Wings blew it like that.  It would have been too much for you ;)

To do list for this week:
1.) Hide samurai sword so I'm not tempted to commit seppuku.
2.) Buy milk
3.) Egg Toews' house/car/mother
4.) Locate backup samurai sword in case seppuku is necessary.
5.) Buy more ice cream in case of seppuku!failure
6.) Cancel HBO

Why do I get the sinking feeling this is going to be a bad week? *sigh*

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#1200 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:36 AM

Wings need to find an answer against Bickell and that damn Hawks team. If they lose, nobody will talk about Boston Toronto anymore, the chokejob of letting a 3:1 series lead slip away will make headlines everywhere, damn.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !