Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

• Please log in to reply
1258 replies to this topic

#1201 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:53 AM

Gator should have scored on that juicy rebound from the Datsyuk shot in the 3rd. Crawford was scrambling to get back into position after the save and the puck came right to him and he had a lot of empty net to shoot at. Not many hockey players would have missed that especially not NHL first-liners.

#1202 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

wow frolik admitted he lost the puck on purpose. No surprise there

I hope the refs for the next game heard this.

#1203 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Tough way to lose.  I thought we had them after 2.  We didn't get that knockout punch on the PP at the end of the 2nd.  Dats and Z both look out of gas.  Flip and Mule are invisible.  We need more scoring from these guys.  Credit the 3rd and 4th lines for scoring.  If we have ANY chance at winning Game 7 then it has to be #13 and #40 leading the way.  Otherwise it's lights out.  Chicago has too much momentum right now.  That being said, anything can happen in a game 7.  I admire Bab's confidence but what else is he going to say really?  :lol: Keep the faith and hope for the best.  We can still do it.  Will we?  I don't know.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#1204 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,671 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

Tough way to lose.  I thought we had them after 2.  We didn't get that knockout punch on the PP at the end of the 2nd.  Dats and Z both look out of gas.  Flip and Mule are invisible.  We need more scoring from these guys.  Credit the 3rd and 4th lines for scoring.  If we have ANY chance at winning Game 7 then it has to be #13 and #40 leading the way.  Otherwise it's lights out.  Chicago has too much momentum right now.  That being said, anything can happen in a game 7.  I admire Bab's confidence but what else is he going to say really?  :lol: Keep the faith and hope for the best.  We can still do it.  Will we?  I don't know.

:thumbup:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#1205 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

If Mule doesn't want to play (evidence of yesterday) with all the turnovers and a terrible play resulting in their 3rd goal.f****** put in Bertuzzi. Chicago made changes to their lines when they had to, I hope Babcock does the same. Flip can just pack his bags already, he provides 0 help for Z on that 2nd line.

#1206 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Flip has been the most disappointing player for me.  He doesn't look very motivated to get a new contract from the Red Wings.  He is making Kenny's decision easy really.  That being said, as long as he is still a Red Wing then I hope he does well er something.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#1207 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

I hope the refs for the next game heard this.

He did?  Is it quoted?   Post link.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1208 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

What a disappointing show from the Wings. I'm more upset by the non call when Smith got high sticked in the face and the sloppy play that lead to Handzus goal than the seemingly weak penalty shot call. I think Tootoo should get a shot next game. He is our only answer to Bickell.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#1209 redhasek2013

redhasek2013

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

I'm just wondering if this series isn't staged and the red wings are just playing bad so the Hawks can advance to the 3rd round. I like it how were up 3-1 now we are tied at 3. I told my father if we lose game 5 there will be a game 7. I guess I was right. The Red Wings blew it. Hopefully they come out with the best game of the series. Win or Lose at least the Red Wings didn't get swept and it took 7 Games. And at least the Red Wings made the Playoffs and went to the 2nd Round much more than we were supposed to do this year anyways. Red Wings fan since I was born 1986. Also I hope for line changes in game 7.   

Edited by redhasek2013, 28 May 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#1210 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

To do list for this week:
1.) Hide samurai sword so I'm not tempted to commit seppuku.
2.) Buy milk
3.) Egg Toews' house/car/mother
4.) Locate backup samurai sword in case seppuku is necessary.
5.) Buy more ice cream in case of seppuku!failure
6.) Cancel HBO

Why do I get the sinking feeling this is going to be a bad week? *sigh*

My cable is getting cancelled today.  IF, and that's a big IF my heart can handle what the refs have in store for us in game 7 and I actually watch it, I'll have to do it on my Xbox.  I'm still pissed this morning and the NHL can still go f*** itself.  If the Wings lose legitimately in game 7, then I'll renew my cable when hockey starts up again and get Gamecentre.  But if it's like game 6 again and the Wings are never even given a chance cause of some of the worst officiating I've ever seen, I will renew neither.  I know being an NHL ref is a hard job, but they're PAID professionals and they should act as such.  Last night, they did not.  I refuse to give TV broadcasters and the NHL what little money I have. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#1211 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'm just wondering if this series isn't staged and the red wings are just playing bad so the Hawks can advance to the 3rd round. I like it how were up 3-1 now we are tied at 3. I told my father if we lose game 5 there will be a game 7. I guess I was right. The Red Wings blew it. Hopefully they come out with the best game of the series. Win or Lose at least the Red Wings didn't get swept and it took 7 Games. And at least the Red Wings made the Playoffs and went to the 2nd Round much more than we were supposed to do this year anyways. Red Wings fan since I was born 1986. Also I hope for line changes in game 7.   

A 3-1 series lead for the lower seeded team is always tricky and likely to be tied and it has nothing to do with being staged.  In game 5, the best team in hockey in the regular season was on the verge of elimination, at home and just lost their last 3 games.  You'd have to be nuts to think the Wings would win that one.  Game 6 was the game we needed to win.  We're at home, we have some desperation with not wanting the series to go back to Chicago.  But we just have this one game to do it.  A bad mistake, bad break, bad bounce, bad call or whatever happens (and it did for us) and there's a Game 7.  Two of our three chances to eliminate them are on the road and that's pretty tough.

Game 7 in Chicago will be extremely tough, but a bad break here or there could make the difference again.

#1212 RedWing in GA

RedWing in GA

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Obviously frustrating but the youthful mistakes have shown. It will be a tall order to win Game 7 but they'll bring everything they have. Whatever happens it looks like this team is close to being a serious Cup contender.

#1213 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Definitely don't want to start a flaming war here, but I always wonder why, in both the playoffs and regular season, the other teams' rookies never seem to hand us the kind of gold-plated gifts that our rookies regularly hand to our opponents. I can't remember the last time a Wings player was camped out all alone in front of the net, due to an opponents rookie mistake.

Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#1214 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

Can I have that email?

I finally figured out you want the address!  Here it is:  www.nhlofficials.com

On the upper right there's a "contact us".   Once you type in your "inquiry", you have to repeat a "secret code".  (I'm not kidding...)  You probably know this already, but don't leave any spaces between the letters and numbers in the code.

FEEL FREE, ALL WHO READ THIS.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1215 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

If you told me b efore this series started that we would have 1 game for all the marbles against the #1 overall seed and huge favorite I would've been more than happy with those odds. Not happy with the way it's gotten to game 7 but we have our shot..time to put up or shut up.  It's time for guys like Mule and Flip to get their s***t together.  Z and D just need to be Z and D. Not sure who the pressue is on now? The team that blew the 3-1 lead or the #1 seed.  

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#1216 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

You know it does suck that we didn't finish this off last night. Saying that though, we are in a game 7 with the best team in the NHL. I will take that since we weren't "suppose" to beat the Ducks and everyone had written us off against the Hawks before this series started. Wings just have to forget about what happend in the past, and play there best game and Wings will beat the Hawks. That call on the breakaway was absolute garbage. Would love to see Pav and Z dominate game 7. I have faith, Let's Go Red Wings!!!!!

IPB Image

#1217 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

He did?  Is it quoted?   Post link.

I can't say for sure he admitted 100%. Listen to his quotes.

http://www.csnchicag...shot-game-6-win

It's right at the beginning

Edited by MTU_Huskies963, 28 May 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#1218 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Win or Lose in Game 7, proud of the team, and what they have done this season. The pressure is still on the Hawks we have nothing to lose.

#1219 WINGS TILL DEATH

WINGS TILL DEATH

The Enforcer. "I want my name to be spagetti"

• Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

I can't say for sure he admitted 100%. Listen to his quotes.

http://www.csnchicag...shot-game-6-win

It's right at the beginning

I think you hear it the way you want to hear it. No matter what it's a weak call, but we should have never been in a situation where something like that matters.

#1220 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm not in the "Well, if you had told us........" camp  The fact is, the Wings were up 3-1 with all the momentum. Toews was lost and confused, Crawford hasn't been a brick wall, Howard was on fire, and game 5 was there for the taking.  So was game 6.  Too many mistakes, not enough emotion, and too many veterans were no shows.