Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

• Please log in to reply
1258 replies to this topic

#1221 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

I think you hear it the way you want to hear it. No matter what it's a weak call, but we should have never been in a situation where something like that matters.

You can see it in the video, once he feels contact he dumps the puck into the corner.

#1222 hudson

hudson

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

I can't say for sure he admitted 100%. Listen to his quotes.

http://www.csnchicag...shot-game-6-win

It's right at the beginning

He said he felt the slash on his hands and he lost the puck. And from that you got he lost it purposely? So he might get a penalty shot? Really?

#1223 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

Dunno what is more frustrating.To watch our young D men learning the hard way or refs calls by the book after letting them play the Playoffs style.

Some adjustments need to be be made for game 7.Our top 6 doesn't look good at all lately.

#1224 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

went to the game. first playoff game. After our first goal the crowd was banging (dear lord i hope we stop with the chicago sucks chant). After the second goal, crowd was really banging (it was beautiful).  Then I feel like so many people were stuck waiting in lines for bathroom or concession (i missed 7 minutes into the 2nd waiting to use the bathroom) and the wings matched the crowd in not really showing up for the 3rd. Also saw 2 fights (one during and one after) all between wings fans. as for the play.. hawks looked slow and steady, on the attack. wings top 2 lines didnt play offense, looked like they were playing not get scored on the whole game (bad strategy if you ask me). Bottom two lines were strong, consistent.  Filpula, Franzen, Zetterberg, Datsyuk (aside from dangling all 5 hawks players at one point) (cleary sucks), kinda didn't really notice them at all...and I was at the game! To me, this was rigged. Maybe sports are a sham. I don't know but to sum it up the wings looked like a really talented team, with extremely talented players, holding back on hits, shots, back checking, fore checking, like the mob was gonna get them if they gave 100%. At one point i saw franzen go to hit someone, stop, and then coast by him continuing to coast not seeming to care? The wings that won last series and 3 games this series was not the team we've seen the last 2 games. They don't seem to want to win ( -jimmy, he's always great) especially when they go down a goal or 2. Goodbye $95 (+30 for 3 beers) and 5 hours of my life (+ 1 hour waiting in various lines) OH, and the hawks looked bland, which means the wings looked really bland. For entertainment sake, the spectacle was much greater than the game.

#1225 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

I would give anything for Babcock to put white in for smith. He can't instill too much confidence when we have a handicap playing top 4 minutes. How many times does the guy have to put out a full on s*** show before he gets benched . So depressing watching this man fall apart in big games with the only excuse being his growing pains. Take smith out and this team is much better simple as that. He hasn't gotten better just letting him fry in huge games and hoping he doesn't cost us too many goals. It's better for the team and his development to not play until he's ready (hopefully it will be on a different team when he's ready)

Edited by joesuffP, 28 May 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#1226 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

He may have tapped him on the stick between the hands. It was a tap definitely not a slash and Frolick actually maintained control of the puck and shot it well after the tap. Terrible call. Bad officiating affects the outcome of way too mamny games in the NHL.

Edited by Johnz96, 28 May 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#1227 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

In addition to J. Mayers fine for pregame mischief prior to game 5, Chicago Blackhawks also fined $10,000. #TSN

Maybe this is how the Hawks paid the league for friendly officials?

Edited by jeff48109, 28 May 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#1228 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

I seriously dreamt about getting eliminated ALL NIGHT LONG. Granted, we were playing the Rangers for some reason, but it did not make for a restful night by any means. I woke up stressed with a pounding headache. Red Wings, life would be so much easier if I could quit you...

This one hit me right in the feels, folks.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1229 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Dunno what is more frustrating.To watch our young D men learning the hard way or refs calls by the book after letting them play the Playoffs style.

Some adjustments need to be be made for game 7.Our top 6 doesn't look good at all lately.

Tuzzi should come in.  Hawks won't push him around for 1 second.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#1230 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

I'm wondering if Babs will make any lineup changes, or stick with it

IPB Image

#1231 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

I've been through the full range of emotions and we have an awesome team here, we just really need to click Wednesday night.  Determination you say?    

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#1232 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Look at the bright side, we are 2-0 in elimination games this year and 1-0 in game sevens.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#1233 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

Look at the bright side, we are 2-0 in elimination games this year and 1-0 in game sevens.

We just lost two elimination games in a row were 2-2

#1234 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

It was not an elimination game for the Wings, only for the Blackhawks.

#1235 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

No we didn't. What he was reffering to was when we were facing elimination, with our backs against the walls we seem to play much harder. That being said, I really hope we win tomorrow, but I have a bad feeling about game 7 at the madhouse.

#1236 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Wut?  If we lost an elimination game we would be out...

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#1237 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Even if they lose - which is very likely odds are against them right now - the team did far better than I expected them to do. Having that said, choking away a 3:1 could shatter their confidence for a long time, I mean this team would be the laughing stock of the NHL. I really hope, the Wings are using it as a motivation and give everything they have left in the tank in game 7, if they fail so be it but at least go down fighting. Man how cool would it be, if an awesome fan would throw an octopi on the ice IN windycity ˆˆ

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#1238 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

My cable is getting cancelled today.  IF, and that's a big IF my heart can handle what the refs have in store for us in game 7 and I actually watch it, I'll have to do it on my Xbox.  I'm still pissed this morning and the NHL can still go f*** itself.  If the Wings lose legitimately in game 7, then I'll renew my cable when hockey starts up again and get Gamecentre.  But if it's like game 6 again and the Wings are never even given a chance cause of some of the worst officiating I've ever seen, I will renew neither.  I know being an NHL ref is a hard job, but they're PAID professionals and they should act as such.  Last night, they did not.  I refuse to give TV broadcasters and the NHL what little money I have. 

You'll be back. ;)

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#1239 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Wut?  If we lost an elimination game we would be out...

I consider it an elimination game either way not do or die but still with elimination on the line. So you think last year LA didn't play a single elimination game?

#1240 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

I consider it an elimination game either way not do or die but still with elimination on the line. So you think last year LA didn't play a single elimination game?

no they did not. they eliminated teams, but they never once faced elimination, or had their backs against the wall.