• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 mtuhockey7

mtuhockey7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

What did this guy do to get in Babs' doghouse so bad?  I haven't even heard a mention of his name this postseason.  I realize he's not the best d-man on the planet but I also didn't think he's horrible.  Anyone know why he's not getting any playing time this postseason?

#2 saven

saven

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Sucked. That is all.
In explanation of my avatar: for those who understand no explanation is necessary, for those who don't google federko.

#3 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

What did this guy do to get in Babs' doghouse so bad?  I haven't even heard a mention of his name this postseason.  I realize he's not the best d-man on the planet but I also didn't think he's horrible.  Anyone know why he's not getting any playing time this postseason?

because what we have has been playing good/beyond expectations..? also, when he played near the end of the season, he didn't seem all there mentally or like something was wrong and was making more mistakes than plays that benefitted the team IMO 

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#4 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

You keep asking this same question in multiple threads.

You must not have watched the regular season. He contributes nothing. If you don't have size or athleticism (he doesn't), then you need to bring offensive acumen to the table (see: Brian Rafalski).

Offensively, he is average at best. Defensively, he was turning the puck over too much. He has no place on this team.

#5 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

You must not have watched the regular season. He contributes nothing. If you don't have size or athleticism (he doesn't), then you need to bring offensive acumen to the table (see: Brian Rafalski).

Offensively, he is average at best. Defensively, he was turning the puck over too much. He has no place on this team.

no #5 to make up for his mistakes this time around.. white showed his true colors this year. he's an average #4-6 dman in the NHL; nothing more, nothing less

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#6 saven

saven

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

No really his passes were so bad that they were laughable and he was often outta position so much so that lashoff and cola but are better options
In explanation of my avatar: for those who understand no explanation is necessary, for those who don't google federko.

#7 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

White is history

#8 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

He called out Babcock publicly when he was made a healthy scratch, he's rumored to be a bad teammate and he hasn't played a game in a long time now.

White is gone this off-season. 

#9 mtuhockey7

mtuhockey7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

Yes, I was asking it in multiple threads such as the GDT and the like.  I never got a response so I figured I would start a thread in hopes that someone might know something I don't.  I did watch just about every game of the regular season and didn't think he was good (nor terrible either). 

#10 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

To add on to you point, every second breakout pass he made went for icing, and then half of the ones that didn't go for icing went to the other team.  He's always afraid of getting smoked i'm guessing. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#11 Sabaton617

Sabaton617

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Didn't he miss some time during the regular season for  "personal reasons"?  I never heard why or if that leave had anything to do with his poor play.

#12 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Well, there's all the stories of him being a horrible teammate. He sounds like a complete cancer for the locker room. I'm surprised if that was the case, or atleast maybe it was kept down while Lidstrom was still aboard. Maybe when Lidstrom left he thought he could be that jackass again. Anyways, when you're a horrible teammate, can't make a first pass to save your life, turn the puck over because you're scared of getting hit, molasses can track down the ice faster than you; your head coach normally doesn't want to play you. Not anyone's fault but his own. And to add on top of all of that, when he was a healthy scratch he wanted to make it public how much bulls*** it was. Instead of crying to the public, go hit the weight room and grind out some hours of practice so you're ready when given the opportunity. Even Carlo had a better mindframe than Ian frickin White.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#13 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Well, there's all the stories of him being a horrible teammate. He sounds like a complete cancer for the locker room. I'm surprised if that was the case, or atleast maybe it was kept down while Lidstrom was still aboard. Maybe when Lidstrom left he thought he could be that jackass again. Anyways, when you're a horrible teammate, can't make a first pass to save your life, turn the puck over because you're scared of getting hit, molasses can track down the ice faster than you; your head coach normally doesn't want to play you. Not anyone's fault but his own. And to add on top of all of that, when he was a healthy scratch he wanted to make it public how much bulls*** it was. Instead of crying to the public, go hit the weight room and grind out some hours of practice so you're ready when given the opportunity. Even Carlo had a better mindframe than Ian frickin White.

Just curious: what are these "horrible teammate" stories floating around. I haven't heard anything.

All I know is that he was an idiot during the lockout, and he was an idiot when Babs benched him.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#14 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

Just curious: what are these "horrible teammate" stories floating around. I haven't heard anything.

All I know is that he was an idiot during the lockout, and he was an idiot when Babs benched him.

I haven't heard any horrible teammates stories either.

And when Babcock benched him, I hardly thought he sounded like an idiot. Just frustrated, which is understandable. But I don't remember him saying anything inflammatory or negative about Babs.

#15 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

I heard that he took Franzen's lunchbox from the refrigerator, and ate the contents.  

Just another rumor, I think.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#16 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

I haven't heard any horrible teammates stories either.

And when Babcock benched him, I hardly thought he sounded like an idiot. Just frustrated, which is understandable. But I don't remember him saying anything inflammatory or negative about Babs.

Someone had posted a very interesting article from his stay with Calgary. Basically, he came off as a complete entitled sack of poop who had a douchebag personality. Thought of himself above everyone, thought down on all the youngsters on the roster, just overall cancer in the locker room. Hopefully I, or someone else can get a hold of the link again for everyone.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#17 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

http://www.blackaces...-white.html?m=1

#18 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

3339777.jpg?size=620x400

18842821.jpg

#19 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

what a dick

#20 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

That's nothing.

I read stories about Link Gaetz beating the hell out of teammates at practice and aftergame parties.