• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mtuhockey7

Ian White

Rate this topic

What did this guy do to get in Babs' doghouse so bad? I haven't even heard a mention of his name this postseason. I realize he's not the best d-man on the planet but I also didn't think he's horrible. Anyone know why he's not getting any playing time this postseason?

What did this guy do to get in Babs' doghouse so bad? I haven't even heard a mention of his name this postseason. I realize he's not the best d-man on the planet but I also didn't think he's horrible. Anyone know why he's not getting any playing time this postseason?

because what we have has been playing good/beyond expectations..? also, when he played near the end of the season, he didn't seem all there mentally or like something was wrong and was making more mistakes than plays that benefitted the team IMO

You keep asking this same question in multiple threads.

You must not have watched the regular season. He contributes nothing. If you don't have size or athleticism (he doesn't), then you need to bring offensive acumen to the table (see: Brian Rafalski).

Offensively, he is average at best. Defensively, he was turning the puck over too much. He has no place on this team.

You must not have watched the regular season. He contributes nothing. If you don't have size or athleticism (he doesn't), then you need to bring offensive acumen to the table (see: Brian Rafalski).

Offensively, he is average at best. Defensively, he was turning the puck over too much. He has no place on this team.

no #5 to make up for his mistakes this time around.. white showed his true colors this year. he's an average #4-6 dman in the NHL; nothing more, nothing less

Yes, I was asking it in multiple threads such as the GDT and the like. I never got a response so I figured I would start a thread in hopes that someone might know something I don't. I did watch just about every game of the regular season and didn't think he was good (nor terrible either).

To add on to you point, every second breakout pass he made went for icing, and then half of the ones that didn't go for icing went to the other team. He's always afraid of getting smoked i'm guessing.

Well, there's all the stories of him being a horrible teammate. He sounds like a complete cancer for the locker room. I'm surprised if that was the case, or atleast maybe it was kept down while Lidstrom was still aboard. Maybe when Lidstrom left he thought he could be that jackass again. Anyways, when you're a horrible teammate, can't make a first pass to save your life, turn the puck over because you're scared of getting hit, molasses can track down the ice faster than you; your head coach normally doesn't want to play you. Not anyone's fault but his own. And to add on top of all of that, when he was a healthy scratch he wanted to make it public how much bulls*** it was. Instead of crying to the public, go hit the weight room and grind out some hours of practice so you're ready when given the opportunity. Even Carlo had a better mindframe than Ian frickin White.

Well, there's all the stories of him being a horrible teammate. He sounds like a complete cancer for the locker room. I'm surprised if that was the case, or atleast maybe it was kept down while Lidstrom was still aboard. Maybe when Lidstrom left he thought he could be that jackass again. Anyways, when you're a horrible teammate, can't make a first pass to save your life, turn the puck over because you're scared of getting hit, molasses can track down the ice faster than you; your head coach normally doesn't want to play you. Not anyone's fault but his own. And to add on top of all of that, when he was a healthy scratch he wanted to make it public how much bulls*** it was. Instead of crying to the public, go hit the weight room and grind out some hours of practice so you're ready when given the opportunity. Even Carlo had a better mindframe than Ian frickin White.

Just curious: what are these "horrible teammate" stories floating around. I haven't heard anything.

All I know is that he was an idiot during the lockout, and he was an idiot when Babs benched him.

Just curious: what are these "horrible teammate" stories floating around. I haven't heard anything.

All I know is that he was an idiot during the lockout, and he was an idiot when Babs benched him.

I haven't heard any horrible teammates stories either.

And when Babcock benched him, I hardly thought he sounded like an idiot. Just frustrated, which is understandable. But I don't remember him saying anything inflammatory or negative about Babs.

I haven't heard any horrible teammates stories either.

And when Babcock benched him, I hardly thought he sounded like an idiot. Just frustrated, which is understandable. But I don't remember him saying anything inflammatory or negative about Babs.

Someone had posted a very interesting article from his stay with Calgary. Basically, he came off as a complete entitled sack of poop who had a douchebag personality. Thought of himself above everyone, thought down on all the youngsters on the roster, just overall cancer in the locker room. Hopefully I, or someone else can get a hold of the link again for everyone.

That was a long time ago. I'm sure now that he's played with real NHL players, he's got over the big-fish-in-the-small-pond syndrome. Not to say that he may not be a wiener now, just that he's had ample time to change, and if anything can give a d-man a reality check, it's skating with Nick Lidstrom.

Guest Crymson

he should of been traded for that pick when we had the chance

I find it hard to believe that any team would want a guy who can't produce, plays poorly, and publicly whines when he's scratched.

(Also, for your own benefit: it's should have or should've)

Guest Playmaker

I didn't find Ian White coming off as a whiner when he was scratched. I don't want players who are okay with sitting. But it may be an "unwritten rule" not to talk to the press about it. He was horrid in the beginning of the season, but he had plenty of company. I don't think he was bad enough not to get another chance in the lineup, but that's just my opinion.

I hadn't heard any of the "bad team mate" stuff either and I'm not going to condemn a guy over something that happened in juniors.