• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

“I’d never seen something like that, that big,'' Keith said.&#

Rate this topic

DETROIT – Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith wanted to get a closer look at the octopus thrown onto the ice after the national anthem before Game 4 Thursday against the Detroit Red Wings.

Blackhawks' Duncan Keith hoping Red Wings are penalized if octopus is tossed onto the ice (video)

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/05/blackhawks_duncan_keith_hoping.html

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I can understand the idea of penalizing a team for that for delay of game, but if you think about it, the delay probably hurts the Wings (these normally get thrown on the ice when something great happens for the team.....delay could kill some of the momentum).

An opposing team isn't going to argue the delay hurst them though, they'll simply argue it is a delay of game.....by the home team, there should be a penalty.

Has there been any hint at pontential penalties for this? I don't remember. I've certainly seen it at other arenas for similar things (normally there is an annoucement warning fans if they do it again, there will be a penalty). Perhaps it is let go due to tradition (similar to hats thrown on a hattrick)

I can understand the idea of penalizing a team for that for delay of game, but if you think about it, the delay probably hurts the Wings (these normally get thrown on the ice when something great happens for the team.....delay could kill some of the momentum).

An opposing team isn't going to argue the delay hurst them though, they'll simply argue it is a delay of game.....by the home team, there should be a penalty.

Has there been any hint at pontential penalties for this? I don't remember. I've certainly seen it at other arenas for similar things (normally there is an annoucement warning fans if they do it again, there will be a penalty). Perhaps it is let go due to tradition (similar to hats thrown on a hattrick)

There is no way they could ever make it a penalty. The opposing teams fans would be throwing them every shift. It would get way out of hand. It's not a problem now so they aren't addressing it.

All I remember was the potential fine if Sabotka twirled the Octopi on the ice...don't think they care about that now either, it was just cuz the Predators were *******.

*poosaaaaaays

Edited by Wings3:16

Dumbcan Keith quote. He just sounds dumb.

“Isn’t it supposed to be a penalty when their fans are throwing things on the ice?'' Keith said. “I think it’s in the rule book. Maybe we can get a power play from that.”

man the Hawks have been such victims this series

Keith "we can't seem to beat the wings 5 on 5 Bettman, what do you think about giving penalties to the wings when their fans throw octopi on the ice?"

Bettman "hmm, not a bad idea, if it saves the presidents trophy champs.."

The Hawks have been around as long as the Wings. The Wings have Octopus tosses, Hockeytown, Motown, the Winged Wheel, many of the all-time greats.....the Hawks need to just start their own tradition and maybe then they'll be out of the Wings shadow a little. Worry about the game.

I guess when the Hawks won, Versteeg tried rapping, but that was one of the worst fails I've ever seen. I mean that was bad.

This sounds like it's begging a good "That's what she said."

And I came here to provide it. Alas, thankfully others here also have the mind of a 14 year old...

Keith did say later that the statement about penalizing the pi was in jest, but I still choose to think of him being a giant doucher.