• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

hypothetically what would we have to trade to get the 2nd and 3rd over

Rate this topic

before anyone starts telling me off i know theres a 0% chance of this happening i was checking out martin frk and was thinking damn how it be nice if we had the big mooseheads line of frk drouin mckinnon in detroit

so just for the FUN of it what do you think wed have to give up to make it happen ??

prob not enough but here it goes ...

2nd overall pick to get mckinnon from florida

1st round pick , jarnkrok,tatar,lashoff

3rd overall pick to get droin from tampa bay

smith,sproul,patterson,ferraro

let the bashing begin lol

before anyone starts telling me off i know theres a 0% chance of this happening i was checking out martin frk and was thinking damn how it be nice if we had the big mooseheads line of frk drouin mckinnon in detroit

so just for the FUN of it what do you think wed have to give up to make it happen ??

Kind of a cool idea to get the Moosehead line, but you're overpaying for both. Take Jarnkrok and Sproul out of the equasions and then we're talking. You can't give away the 1st rounder and 7 players for 2. And I'm still big on Smith and Tatar and Patterson could be better than Mrazek.

Guest DeGraa55

Kind of a cool idea to get the Moosehead line, but you're overpaying for both. Take Jarnkrok and Sproul out of the equasions and then we're talking. You can't give away the 1st rounder and 7 players for 2. And I'm still big on Smith and Tatar and Patterson could be better than Mrazek.

Ya I keep hearing that about Patterson to. I don't think its over payment though. 2nd and 3rd overall is pretty much a sure thing star player. Our guys are much more unknown but have the potential.

aaaaaah, no.

Guest The Axe

I always wondered if you could trade 14 draft picks for 1. That would be interesting. All the Wings picks in 2013 and 2014 for #2 pick overall in 2013.

I always wondered if you could trade 14 draft picks for 1. That would be interesting. All the Wings picks in 2013 and 2014 for #2 pick overall in 2013.

Yeah, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to. However, this would be an insanely stupid move.

Guest The Axe

Yeah, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to. However, this would be an insanely stupid move.

Given our track record of mid to late round success, it would be hard to argue for dumping too many picks.

Guest The Axe

Considering that the top 3 teams in the draft are all teams that wont trade with Detroit now, there is no way they could get even one of those players.

Why does everyone think this? Trades happen if both teams feel like they will benefit. I guarantee if we offered Dekeyser and Nyquist for the #1 pick, Colorado would jump all over it.

Colorado wouldn't even talk about a trade with the Wings when we were offering a 1st for Quincey, we had to use Yzerman and the Lightning as an end around.

Nobody in the top 3 is going to trade their pick at all unless its between eachother to get the player they want most, the idea of trading one of those potential franchise players to a hated rival or a new division rival is even more ridiculous.

Why does everyone think this? Trades happen if both teams feel like they will benefit. I guarantee if we offered Dekeyser and Nyquist for the #1 pick, Colorado would jump all over it.

I doubt that, very much. As a Wings fan, I wouldn't want to do that trade because I'm high on both those kids but I'm think Jones is a really big deal for the Avs. Local ties, probable franchise dman...the kids we'd give them are 5 years older and niether is "suppossed" to be top flight. In reality, the Avs should have never made the Shattenkirk deal.

Didn't say he was better, said he could be. If Canada wasn't such a mess with picking teams, he would have started the WJC for us last year instead of that overrated bum Subban.

He's most likely going to be the started for Team Canada at the next World Junior, and that will give us a little more to compare him and Mrazek, I think the 2 are a lot closer in talent level than many here seem to think.

I'm not quite aboard the Mrazek hype train yet, I think he might become a very good NHL goalie at some point but goalies are the hardest position to project and while his highs are very high, he's still inconsistent and his lows are also very low.

Guest The Axe

I doubt that, very much. As a Wings fan, I wouldn't want to do that trade because I'm high on both those kids but I'm think Jones is a really big deal for the Avs. Local ties, probable franchise dman...the kids we'd give them are 5 years older and niether is "suppossed" to be top flight. In reality, the Avs should have never made the Shattenkirk deal.

Its always a crap shoot. Lately , though, almost every #1 overall has turned out to be awesome.

Colorado wouldn't even talk about a trade with the Wings when we were offering a 1st for Quincey, we had to use Yzerman and the Lightning as an end around.

Nobody in the top 3 is going to trade their pick at all unless its between eachother to get the player they want most, the idea of trading one of those potential franchise players to a hated rival or a new division rival is even more ridiculous.

colorado wouldnt trade us quincey because we were in the same conference .... were now moving to the east so its all good now , we wont trade with eastern conference teams now which means tb and florida are out

He's most likely going to be the started for Team Canada at the next World Junior, and that will give us a little more to compare him and Mrazek, I think the 2 are a lot closer in talent level than many here seem to think.

I'm not quite aboard the Mrazek hype train yet, I think he might become a very good NHL goalie at some point but goalies are the hardest position to project and while his highs are very high, he's still inconsistent and his lows are also very low.

i personally think mrazek is gonna be an elite nhl goaltender .. time will tell

on a sidenote can anyone tell me how to fix the quote thing on how to reply to someone?? lol did it change from before?? seems difference when i click quote now and my answer is always stuck with the persons comment im replying to

Only Colorado's expressed an open desire to trade their pick (1st overall) and you can bet it'd be a smaller drop down than all the way to 23rd with our pick. They probably want Seth and are willing to hedge their bets that he'll go 3rd overall (the likely thing). I think they're beginning to realize the gamble they made with the Johnson trade was stupid and he's just not going to be the elite d-man he was projected to be.

23rd???? i thought since we didnt make the conference finals we retained the 17th overall pick

Ahh you could be right. I was under the impression that we had the 23rd at the moment based on having made the Semi-conference finals while having the smallest pt total of the teams that lost in that round.

The only thing I think is if a team is willing to trade away the first pick (assuming there is a consensus player) why would we think that player has any overwhelming future value?

Something tells me your finances are a mess.