• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TSD

Good Luck Wings.

Rate this topic

Looking forward to Wednesday. Regardless of the officiating which has been pretty retarded going both ways, which has frankly confused both teams as to what is and isn't allowed, I've seen hawks manhandling wings and vice versa, then some bulls*** gets called that's like you allowed that earlier wtf, but whatever. A 7 game series is the only way the hawks and wings should go out of sharing a division and rivalry for so many years.

From my perspective no matter what happens this was an entertaining series to say the least, every game has had my adrenaline pumping and the F- Bombs dropping. I hope they put the whistles away and allow for a classic no holds barred contest in game 7.

Totally agreed! I always appreciate these kind of posts from classy fans of opposing teams. As for our Red Wings, no matter what happens, I'll be proud of what they've accomplished this year on what some may call a "rebuilding" year. Our young players have stepped up their game and have proven to be valuable pieces of our future team.

Crappy officiating or not, I have to hand it to your Hawks for sticking through and not giving up, regardless of being down 3-1 in the series. As much as I would've loved to have seen the Wings steamroll their way through the round, a game 7 is the perfect way to finish our years of rivalry being in the same division/conference.

Here's to a great finish,

cheers!

This series has been everything I was hoping to see back when we were fighting to be 8th seed. This is the series that the NHL needed to go 7 games, maybe that's why the officials are calling it the way they are, more games more money, and the Wings and Hawks have the biggest fanbase left in the playoffs. 7 games equals more money and more ratings. I'm damn proud of the Wings getting this far and making the Hawks work for it. Win or lose this series makes me proud to send the Wings to the East if it is their last game. Nothing like original six hockey.

Guest Hatethedrake!

If anything I will miss the great rivalry between the Wings and Hawks. :cheesy:

Games 1-5 the team that worked harder won. Game 6 is why to so many the NHL is not taken seriously in the realm of major sports. The Hawks are a great team, and I've always been a fan of theirs, but the fact that they needed the refs to help them win that game is complete garbage. If the refs will in fact "let them play" in game 7, keep it fair and make calls both ways. The penalty shot call was garbage in a series perspective, cause if that's a penalty shot, then Abdelkader and Brunner should each have a penalty shot this series. All we ask for is across the board consistency, and game 6 broke that.

I'm looking forward to it.

Wish I had tickets for what could have been total domination now we could have a classic game on Wednesday. Hope they are allowed to play like it should be.

Appreciate and agree with the sentiment's of the OP. Great series, as it should be for the last conference meeting between the Wings and Hawks. Game 7 should be a nail-biter. Let's just hope they let the players decide it. Things have been pretty strange at times both ways, but as Z Winged Dangler said, until last night, the team that won had been full value for the win.

The NHL's standard of officiating has always been inconsistent, you just hope that a penalty on one team is the same on the other team, or a penalty in one period is a penalty in the next. Last night scoring started on an interference penalty that was then let go on the other side numerous times as the game progressed. At other points of the night, obscene amounts of clutching, grabbing, and tugging was let go. Several stick-breaking slashes went unpenalized. And then a slight wack on the stick of Frolik and the wheels are off.

The Hawks deserve credit for cashing in on Red Wings mistakes, and taking advantage of the opportunities given to them on the PP and penalty shot. That's about all you can do, whether they are legitimate or not. Hopefully things are more consistent in the 7th game. LGRW!

post deleted by moderator.

The President's trophy team isn't going to lose 4 straight in the playoffs to a 7th seed, with the 4th loss being at home. Game 5 shouldn't have been a surprise. Game 6 was our best chance to close the series. We had the game under control through 40 minutes, then Smith makes a rookie mistake and its tied. Quincey's stick breaks, we're losing. Frolik scores on a penalty shot that was a bad call. It happens, now we have to do it the hard way. Babcock is right to keep Smith in there. Its time to look at the bigger picture here. The experience he's getting from these games will help for many years down the road. Years when we're not the 7th seed trying to beat the top two seeds just to get to the Conference Finals.

You can say they "choked" all you want, but the success they've had in these playoffs will be felt for years. Watching guys like Brunner, Nyquist, Andersson, Howard, and Kindl play in these high pressure games and play well, bodes well for us down the line. Sure Smith is making a lot of mistakes, but he's making some nice plays too and gaining lots of experience. The guy is only 24 years old playing in his first full NHL season. Give him a break. Going into these playoffs I felt like the team had a ton of holes, but after 13 playoff games, I'm not so sure that's the case anymore.

The President's trophy team isn't going to lose 4 straight in the playoffs to a 7th seed, with the 4th loss being at home. Game 5 shouldn't have been a surprise. Game 6 was our best chance to close the series. We had the game under control through 40 minutes, then Smith makes a rookie mistake and its tied. Quincey's stick breaks, we're losing. Frolik scores on a penalty shot that was a bad call. It happens, now we have to do it the hard way. Babcock is right to keep Smith in there. Its time to look at the bigger picture here. The experience he's getting from these games will help for many years down the road. Years when we're not the 7th seed trying to beat the top two seeds just to get to the Conference Finals.

You can say they "choked" all you want, but the success they've had in these playoffs will be felt for years. Watching guys like Brunner, Nyquist, Andersson, Howard, and Kindl play in these high pressure games and play well, bodes well for us down the line. Sure Smith is making a lot of mistakes, but he's making some nice plays too and gaining lots of experience. The guy is only 24 years old playing in his first full NHL season. Give him a break. Going into these playoffs I felt like the team had a ton of holes, but after 13 playoff games, I'm not so sure that's the case anymore.

:clap::thumbs-up: Thanks for this.

Well said. Game 5 was expected. Game 6 was a significant collapse, with Smith earning the majority of the heat along with a pretty horrendous penalty shot call that, indicative of the screwy officiating, ended up the game-winner. The Wings are in a tough spot in Game 7, but last time I checked, the Hawks are also one loss away from a long summer. They've earned the 7th game at home, the Wings need to keep pushing.

The team is growing more than many of us could have imagined. The 3rd and 4th lines are meshing to give us the depth we thought we were missing all season. Our back-end is learning hard lessons, lessons you unfortunately only learn when the puck ends up in your net. If there have been any huge disappointments, its been some of the guys on the front end, like Franzen, and yes, Filppula (with to former getting chances with no effort, and the latter showing effort with no chances).

The future is bright for the 7th seeded Wings. Tomorrow they'll play for a chance to keep learning hard playoff lessons. Let's Go Wings!

If the Wings go down playing well I can handle it and accept, but not this, not what we have seen the past two games. Whatever happens Wednesday let's hope the Wings, every single one of them, show up to play like professionals.

Well said!!! Wings in 7

In 95 we were embarrassed and swept by the Devils, was a tuff lesson to learn but I'd say we took the education the Devils gave us and applied it quite well

Hard as a series loss will

Be to take from the Hawks the minutes thee rooks are getting in a meat grinder like this are invaluable and will help the growth for leadership in the future.

Big effort on Wednesday and we move on.... I think we win either way though.

Edited by beachwing

Guest Johnz96

Games 1-5 the team that worked harder won. Game 6 is why to so many the NHL is not taken seriously in the realm of major sports. The Hawks are a great team, and I've always been a fan of theirs, but the fact that they needed the refs to help them win that game is complete garbage. If the refs will in fact "let them play" in game 7, keep it fair and make calls both ways. The penalty shot call was garbage in a series perspective, cause if that's a penalty shot, then Abdelkader and Brunner should each have a penalty shot this series. All we ask for is across the board consistency, and game 6 broke that.

The officiating has been terrible all series

Frustrated. Wings had this series and now have to rely on luck. Hawks are back to outplaying us, we have no response. Could win, but the Wings appear to have lost that fighting spirit. Hawks have every imaginable advantage. Is be prouder if the Wings hadn't collapsed.

Guest Johnz96

If the Wings go down playing well I can handle it and accept, but not this, not what we have seen the past two games. Whatever happens Wednesday let's hope the Wings, every single one of them, show up to play like professionals.

The Wings pl;ayed a great game yesterday.

Frustrated. Wings had this series and now have to rely on luck. Hawks are back to outplaying us, we have no response. Could win, but the Wings appear to have lost that fighting spirit. Hawks have every imaginable advantage. Is be prouder if the Wings hadn't collapsed.

Hawks did not outplay the Wings last night.

The Wings have had a CRAP load of breaks in this series and that is why we are going to a seventh game. How many posts have the Hawks hit? How fantastic has Jimmy been? Crawford, who had dominated us in the past has looked very average. Our 3rd & 4th line are doing ALL of our scoring. The Hawks overlooked us coming into this series & it could still end up biting them in the ass. They are a better team, more rested team, and for us to take them to seven after beating the #2 seed in seven, way out west, is something to be proud of. Sure we blew a 3-1 lead, but a bounce here or missed post there and we are the team down 3-1. Let's just enjoy the ride & watch these youngin's mature on the fly. The future is looking about 1000x brighter than it did a month ago. Win or lose tommorow.

The officiating has been terrible all series

True, and the officiating in the NHL is a joke on the whole, but in game 6 there was a difference. The refs chose a side. Playing favorites didn't happen noticably until game 6, and it was a disgusting display.

And no surprise that O'Halloran was in.

But even without the refs, the Wings couldn't complete passes, broke down defensively, and had little real offense. They had a good second period but weren't dangerous otherwise. The Hawks were.

I'd say they got outplayed in two games in a row. The Wings can still win this series but they will need to be dangerous offrnsively. Datsyuk and Zetterberg need to have big games.

Outside of momentum-killing, hole-digging gaffs made by Smith, Franzen (negating offsides by bringing the puck back into his own zone prior to turning it over), and the referees (every time I watch the play it is more and more clear that there was not only no grounds for a penalty shot, but no penalty what-so-ever!) Game 6 was tight, even favoring the Red Wings for most of it.

It was an epic collapse, but hardly the whole team, and they definitely weren't outplayed consistently. The Blackhawks scored on the few chances the Wings and the refs gave them.

And no surprise that O'Halloran was in.

But even without the refs, the Wings couldn't complete passes, broke down defensively, and had little real offense. They had a good second period but weren't dangerous otherwise. The Hawks were.

I'd say they got outplayed in two games in a row. The Wings can still win this series but they will need to be dangerous offrnsively. Datsyuk and Zetterberg need to have big games.

Flip is junk, Franzen is floating, and Cleary tries but just isn't top 6. Make that the 4th line and reunite Z-Dats-Abs, make Goose-Andersson-Brunner the 2nd line and the 3rd line Tuzzi-Emmerton-Eaves. Miller hasn't played bad, but he's kinda slow and we need Tuzzi in there to be silky smooth while remaining large and in charge.

The Wings pl;ayed a great game yesterday.

Hawks did not outplay the Wings last night.

I guess we have a different definition of great, but if you are happy then you must be a more optimistic person, and probably a better parent and boss than I am! :-)

Flip is junk, Franzen is floating, and Cleary tries but just isn't top 6. Make that the 4th line and reunite Z-Dats-Abs, make Goose-Andersson-Brunner the 2nd line and the 3rd line Tuzzi-Emmerton-Eaves. Miller hasn't played bad, but he's kinda slow and we need Tuzzi in there to be silky smooth while remaining large and in charge.

I think the Nyquist line deserves more ice-time, and I'd love to see them out there more, but back in Chicago we are going to be busy matching our top guys against Chicago's top guys for shut down. So far the match-up of 3rd lines has been all Wings. If only Chicago played their 3rd/4th lines more, we wouldn't have any problems :).

Filppula has never exactly been a clutch playoff performer, but he and Franzen are both currently tied with a lowly 6 points in 13 games, and have the two worst +/-, -4 and -6 respectively. Both need to step up for Game 7, but Franzen more than anyone. He looks like December Franzen. We need May Franzen.