• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TSD

Good Luck Wings.

Rate this topic

I think the Nyquist line deserves more ice-time, and I'd love to see them out there more, but back in Chicago we are going to be busy matching our top guys against Chicago's top guys for shut down. So far the match-up of 3rd lines has been all Wings. If only Chicago played their 3rd/4th lines more, we wouldn't have any problems :).

Filppula has never exactly been a clutch playoff performer, but he and Franzen are both currently tied with a lowly 6 points in 13 games, and have the two worst +/-, -4 and -6 respectively. Both need to step up for Game 7, but Franzen more than anyone. He looks like December Franzen. We need May Franzen.

We don't have home ice next game, so if I were Babcock, I'd say if you wanna skate hard get ready to go on the ice cause we ain't matching up s***. We're taking quick hard skating shifts and if you can't get anything going, get off the ice and let the next line at em'. You have 4 capable lines or you don't, and our 3rd line has been our best 5 on 5 by far.

We don't have home ice next game, so if I were Babcock, I'd say if you wanna skate hard get ready to go on the ice cause we ain't matching up s***. We're taking quick hard skating shifts and if you can't get anything going, get off the ice and let the next line at em'. You have 4 capable lines or you don't, and our 3rd line has been our best 5 on 5 by far.

I think the success of that line has a lot to do with the 3rd-tier match-up. I agree with the whole "if you're going to do the work, you're going to get the ice-time" sentiment, but as good as that 3rd grouping is, Brunner is still a defensive liability and if they weren't going to worry at all about matching up and Chicago got a consistent diet of Toews-Hossa-Sharp against say the Smith pairing with Brunner trying to watch Keith or Hjarm creeping in the slot, things might get hairy very fast.

Of course, none of this matters. Babcock is smarter than all of us. He'll do what he is going to do and I trust him implicitly.

I think the success of that line has a lot to do with the 3rd-tier match-up. I agree with the whole "if you're going to do the work, you're going to get the ice-time" sentiment, but as good as that 3rd grouping is, Brunner is still a defensive liability and if they weren't going to worry at all about matching up and Chicago got a consistent diet of Toews-Hossa-Sharp against say the Smith pairing with Brunner trying to watch Keith or Hjarm creeping in the slot, things might get hairy very fast.

Of course, none of this matters. Babcock is smarter than all of us. He'll do what he is going to do and I trust him implicitly.

Babcock is just gonna make weird angry faces at Quenville all game and throw him off. He'll be so lost Jamal Mayers will be on with CamelToews and Bickell.