Rangers buying out Richards?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Marxx71

Marxx71

Danny DeKeyser

• 39 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

This is all speculations and rumors,but I've seen it all over the internet latley, but do you think that will happend? 

Everyone knows how bad Richards has played, and everyone knows how good he can be, in the right team and system.

If Richards is bought out, should the Wings sign him?  I think he will fit as the Second line Center for the Wings, eventhough he's soft and all that kind of stuff. 

We can buy out Fillpula and then sign Richards to mabye a 1-2 year contract worth 3-4 mil per season? 

The new CBA allows all teams to buy out two players, that will not affect our capspace. 

#2 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Flip is a FA so there is no need to buy-out his contract

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#3 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,490 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Filppula will be a FA in the off season, we don't need to buy him out

1619431_10152076754861235_68631640462286

#4 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

I'd love to sign him here but at a low risk contract. Nothing more than Flip will get on the open market and only a 2-3 year deal. Of course he'll likely get better offers elsewhere so it's a pipedream.

#5 Marxx71

Marxx71

Danny DeKeyser

• 39 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Filppula will be a FA in the off season, we don't need to buy him out

Flip is a FA so there is no need to buy-out his contract

Oh, my bad!

I'd love to sign him here but at a low risk contract. Nothing more than Flip will get on the open market and only a 2-3 year deal. Of course he'll likely get better offers elsewhere so it's a pipedream.

Yeah, we can always dream!:)

#6 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

This is all speculations and rumors,but I've seen it all over the internet latley, but do you think that will happend? 

Everyone knows how bad Richards has played, and everyone knows how good he can be, in the right team and system.

If Richards is bought out, should the Wings sign him?  I think he will fit as the Second line Center for the Wings, eventhough he's soft and all that kind of stuff. 

We can buy out Fillpula and then sign Richards to mabye a 1-2 year contract worth 3-4 mil per season? 

The new CBA allows all teams to buy out two players, that will not affect our capspace. 

There is zero chance we can sign Richards for 3-4 million per season. Paying 6 mil per season for him is a stretch, considering he made 24 million over the past two seasons, but 3-4 is not possible.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#7 Marxx71

Marxx71

Danny DeKeyser

• 39 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

There is zero chance we can sign Richards for 3-4 million per season. Paying 6 mil per season for him is a stretch, considering he made 24 million over the past two seasons, but 3-4 is not possible.

Scott Gomes? Wayne Redden?

Ok, he's not that bad but still.

#8 chuckdee

chuckdee

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

With the firing of Tortorella, I doubt it.  Not a fan of his game and for that money, no thanks.

#9 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

With the firing of Tortorella, I doubt it.  Not a fan of his game and for that money, no thanks.

Mark my words Richards alongside Callahan and Hank are going to have huge bouncback years next season.

The Rangers system in a nutshell:

Phase 1 block shots

Phase 2 ?

Phase 3 profit

Edited by frankgrimes, 31 May 2013 - 04:07 AM.

wche.jpg

in need of magic #13

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

#10 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

I don't see the Rangers buying out Richards. Not now especially with Torts being fired.

#11 RainingBlood

RainingBlood

Well thats my momma

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Id rather keep Filp than sign richards. Plus Filp career has a better faceoff percentage than Richards.

#12 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

I woildnt mind him for about half of what hes getting paid. Thing is some team will offer him way more han hes worth. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2