• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Late 2nd PP in Game 6 is microcosm of biggest need.

Rate this topic

A finisher. A goal scorer. A guy who can put you up 2 goals going into the third.

No one on the team in particular is to blame, but that situation displays something that we desperately need.

Look no further than your avatar. Franzen is supposed to be our finisher. Our goal scorer. The guy who can put us up 2 goals going into the third.

We've known about this need since Hossa left in 2009. A lot of good its done us. If anything, I don't see why Brunner isn't playing forward on the PP. His shot and net drive doesn't do us any good at the point, and has actually been a detriment in terms of keeping the puck in and avoiding short-handed chances. He should be a circle-slot-crease guy. Let the defenseman hold the blue line. Let the goal-scorers play goal-scorer, especially since we have so few. In fact, if we want an offensive mind on the point, why not use someone like Filppula who can't score but can make smart plays and be consistent defensively in case of pressure up ice.

Guest Playmaker

I felt like that was the turning point of the game. I was mentioning it to others I was watching the game with that a PP goal then would be the backbreaker for the Hawks and not scoring and going into the third period with only a one goal lead didn't bode well for the Wings. A one goal lead is so much different than a two goal lead mentally.

I don't know what the answer is, but watching this PP has been frustrating.

Power play was good though you have to get chances at the least we could have built off it but then our second unit came on...

I can't help but keep thinking of when Abby deflected that shot on goal and the puck sat in the slot for a while and he swept the puck away to the corner

Edited by joesuffP

I felt like that was the turning point of the game. I was mentioning it to others I was watching the game with that a PP goal then would be the backbreaker for the Hawks and not scoring and going into the third period with only a one goal lead didn't bode well for the Wings. A one goal lead is so much different than a two goal lead mentally.

I don't know what the answer is, but watching this PP has been frustrating.

Just a wasted opportunity. For as many strides this team has made (and they have made MANY strides), they have shown an inability to go for the kill and put a team away. See last night. See Game 5 against Anaheim.

I agree with you: being down 2....going into the 3rd....in the playoffs....on the road....in a game in which you have been, for the most part, outplayed.....that would have been tough to come back from. Being down 1 is completely different.

A finisher. A goal scorer. A guy who can put you up 2 goals going into the third.

No one on the team in particular is to blame, but that situation displays something that we desperately need.

We jeed a big nasty power forward who takes the puck hard to the net through the slot twice a shift.

Smiths already on the team..

Ha. I meant the actual tele tubby. Big body, can screen well, can clearly roll off checks. Really though, Axe brought up Horton in another thread. He'd be good, or Clarkson obviously, whom the panelists think will either go to Toronto, or come to us. I'm hoping Tvrdon can be a remedy for that need soon as well, along with Jurco whom is what 6'2? and can dangle like a madman. I just hope we don't go looking to overpay for another Robert Lang turnout.