• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

I'm not sure how to post this, so this is just a copy and paste of the song that I listen to when the Wings are in a win or out situation (been happening too much this season). Seems to work every time though. Yes it worked and hopefully this makes it into Z's and Dats Ipods before the game.

Edited by Vladiator

Pav and Hank, we need you to turn up tonight.

And The Mule, be nice if you we could get a rare spotting of you tonight.

And Flip, do you want your 588th and last game in a Red Wing jersey to be a game 7 loss?

Dan. Daniel. Danny. This could be your last game in red too, but I know we can rely on you to leave every last ounce of what is left of your broken down, beaten up, falling apart at the seams, clapped out, knackered old body on the ice.

Oh, and don't stop believing.

@JSportsnet: East Final will start Saturday. West Final will start Friday if Detroit wins..Saturday if Chicago wins.

Why does Chicago get an extra day if they win, yet we would have to turn around and play Fri?

Cause Gary Bettman loves the Hawks, especially now that the Sharts are gone. The new NHL dream is the Hawks vs Pens final. Just like 91-92. Barf.

Nervous time

I was wayyy more nervous for the Ducks game 7. Probably cause I hate them insane amounts. I just hope if the Squabs win they earn it. None of the BS whining and relying on the refs to bail them out and let them get away with murder. I want the best team to win tonight, and that will hopefully be the Wings.

If I had to throw down a prediction, I'd say a 3-0 Wings on a Nyquist hat-trick. Time for Goose to get the Abdelkader power forward game against the Ducks bounces go his way finally.

Normally with a game 7, my stomach would be in knots and I would be very anxious. But I find myself very relaxed, we are playing with house money at this point. The Wings were not suppose to be here, so they need to just go out and play loose and free.

Wings win 2-0 with Franzen and Abdelkader finding the back of the net

So the game starts at 8 EST? I want to make sure I don't have a moment of confusion ... I think NBCSN is trying to confuse me ...

I'm sorry, but this is just my pet peeve. "EST" stands for Eastern STANDARD Time. We are currently on DAYLIGHT time. So, the game actually starts at 8 EDT. The best way to say it is simply 8ET (Eastern Time), and then there is no need to worry about whether we are on Standard or Daylight time.

As you can tell, I'm just a bit wound up about this game 7!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!

No worry here. I do NOT expect any passengers tonight. We also have two of the very best players in the world in #13 and #40 - who time and again have shown they know how to lead and know how to finish the job. And the best coach in the game will have these guys prepped and ready - it's all on them to complete the task.

The guys below them need to remember that while careers always seem like there's another tomorrow - and you will always get another chance at a Cup - those careers come and go so very quickly and you NEVER know how many chances you are going to get. Too much talking going on over there in Chicago's room and too much blame being passed around during and after a loss. I do NOT believe they are as united as we are. And again - we weren't even suppose to be here. That tells you all you need to know about US VS THEM mentality.

It is destiny for this team to meet LA and force goalie Jonathan Quick's return to earth. I do not believe he is that good [it was the Sharks!].

I will love this team no matter what happens tonight, but we are on the edge of something very special here, and only 9 W's away from the Cup. We can do it.

For Mister Howe. For The Captain. For Vladdy.

""TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.""

GO WINGS!!!

@JSportsnet: East Final will start Saturday. West Final will start Friday if Detroit wins..Saturday if Chicago wins.

Why does Chicago get an extra day if they win, yet we would have to turn around and play Fri?

Rolling Stones play the UC on Friday night.

Plus it will be a back to back for the Hawks if they win. Anyway, I have zero expectations for this game. A few nerves perhaps, but I don't expect a good outcome in this game. Prove me wrong gents. LGW.

First, I don't want the refs deciding the outcome of this game let both teams play hockey it's game 7!!!!! I couldn't sleep last night, was way to excited for this game tonight!! Wings come out flying right from puck drop, score early to take the crowd out of the game and they don't look back. Play a full 60 limit the turnovers and Wings are off to the WCF!!! LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Guest Hatethedrake!

The Wings are Rocky Balboa and the Hawks are Clubber Lang. Should be a good one...

I'm not buying the 'If I told you that we'd have a game 7 against Chicago ... we'd be pretty excited' mindset. Sorry Babs. What about if I told you that you'd be up 3-1 in the series and you have a game 7?

Am I proud of the Wings ... of course I am! But I'll be hella disappointed if we can't pull this off after being up 3-1 in the series. So go out there and kick some arse boys. You proved that you could do it in games 2, 3, 4! Don't hold back. Let's fly Lidstrom in and bring him to the locker room for a pep talk or inspiration!

Edited by RedWingsRox