• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

Good season, yada yada, it's clear this team needs offense. I should feel proud but I'm just annoyed they blew a 3-1 lead and become just another victim of the Hawks.

Agree.

There's no reason Cory Emmerton should be getting all your good chances in a game 7.

Kronwall blows a line change on the 1st goal and half screens Jimmy and the puck deflected off him and in on the OT winner. Guess Smith's rookie mistakes last game are now just "mistakes". Everyone makes them. If you're gonna block a shot like that, make sure you get right in front of it. that was a good time for a Kronwalling with a Dman skating toward you on offence.

Go Kings!

I don't know why he just didn't stick his stick out for a poke check. Puck probably goes out of play

Guest Crymson

But if you had to point a finger at just one player, who would it be?

For argument's sake.

Filppula and Cleary both had a terrible series. But the team still could have won.

How that's not a penalty on Bolland for that hit from behind on Nyquist... I'm really not sure though. That's pretty sad... Nyquist shoulda stayed down and pretended to be hurt I guess... apparently that's the only way the NHL calls those hits.

At least 3 times the Hawks could have been called for boarding. The refs just didn't want to call it.

Aside from the extremely disappointing series loss, these Wings are real good. Great experiences this season, but hope this teaches them the need for the killer instinct.

Guest Crymson

I don't know why he just didn't stick his stick out for a poke check. Puck probably goes out of play

Because he's not Lidstrom, and every defenseman who is not Nick makes mistake sometimes. That said, this was simply a very bad bounce.

I blame Filppula for being completely invisible for this game.

My sarcasm meter just exploded.

I'm proud of this team. The future looks bright and playing in the East should be a good move.

Is it October yet?

It's times like these that I question the logic of being a fan. The disappointments seem to far outweigh the good times. I don't mean this as an indictment on the wings, just sports fandom in general. I'm only rooting for the Harlem globetrotters from now on.

Howard was outstanding I thought... especially down the stretch.

I think in the offseason, we need to continue to infuse the youth into the lineup. It's time to move on from Franzen. Bertuzzi. etc. etc. Time to get these youngsters up permanently. That includes Tatar before he decides to leave for his lack of playing time in the big show. Keep the youth movement going, watching these older guys, especially tonight shows... its time to move on IMO.