• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

Congrats to the Blackhawks, but also to the Wings. What a season ending with a lucky OT-Goal in Game 7. I'm pretty exited to see what they can do next season with what is hopefully a stronger rooster. Let's GO Wings !

What the ? They are our archnemesis you don't congratulate them, I'd love nothing more than te Kings beating the crap out of this stupid team, I hate them. Too bad the Kings traded Westgarth because Bickel and Shaw would be in for a long overdue healthy fist of reality

f*** YOU hawks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

I fail to see how being disappointed about losing a series in which we were up 3-1 is whining or entitlement.

Maybe we weren't supposed to make playoffs, but once we're up by that much, we were supposed to win.

I'm not angry or calling for anyone's head, I'm just deflated. This shouldn't have happened, upstart or not.

I agree, total up and down season. Injuries, young guys, more injuries, good play..absolutely terrible play..more injuries..squeak in..upset a #2 seed..have our foot on the #1 seed's throat...s***t the bed for two games...look gassed for 2 periods in game 7..put in a helluva effort in period 3...and lose on some kind of make up call for a make up call deflection on a goalie who if he see's a shot is going to save it. Cocktails?

Roller coaster of a season..tough way to go down..learned alot about our young guys..feel like we may just be a couple pieces away . Jimmy is top notch and love watching that guy. Signing off for a while..too hard to listen to the GMRWings types around here who complain about everything.. Have a good summer to the real fans out there.

miss you puckbags!

I fail to see how being disappointed about losing a series in which we were up 3-1 is whining or entitlement.

Maybe we weren't supposed to make playoffs, but once we're up by that much, we were supposed to win.

I'm not angry or calling for anyone's head, I'm just deflated. This shouldn't have happened, upstart or not.

I agree, total up and down season. Injuries, young guys, more injuries, good play..absolutely terrible play..more injuries..squeak in..upset a #2 seed..have our foot on the #1 seed's throat...s***t the bed for two games...look gassed for 2 periods in game 7..put in a helluva effort in period 3...and lose on some kind of make up call for a make up call deflection on a goalie who if he see's a shot is going to save it. Cocktails?

Agreed yes, the team did exceed expectations by a whole lot but seriously blowing away a 3:1 series lead is a choke-job no matter how you look at it. The Hawks are more talented and whatever, but the Wings were up 3:1! against a so called better team and then for whatever reason they've decided to lay an absolute egg in game 5 and let the Hawks lick some blood, the rest is the sad history.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Let me start by saying this: I didn't think this team would make it past the 1st round. They surprised me when they knocked Anaheim out. However, I had a bad feeling they'd blow their 3-1 lead in this series. We went further than expected, but we've got glaring needs. The better team won.

Also, I can't believe some of you are seriously calling that Bolland hit a missed boarding call. Shame on yourselves. Nobody would be talking about that hit if Seabrook didn't score. Give me a break.

Saying we lost cause of officials is ridiculous they blessed us that no goal

Officials barely called anything, regardless of how I was disappointed in the lack of boarding calls mentioned earlier in the thread. I thought these refs were the right guys, Stephen Walkom I think was the lead ref? I have always thought he was a good ref, along with O' Halloran (Holmstrom/Detroit bias aside, although I have to say he hasn't been as bad as he was)

We lost because Chicago was the better team, and that was probably because of their talent. I'm proud of the Wings.

Nbc post game or Seinfield ......gee what a tuff

decision!

Dude, you could have said, "NBC Post Game or :

1.) A Drano enema

2.) A "Sex and the City" Marathon with only Summer's Eve and Kotex Commercials

3.) An in depth introspective on the anal glands of the Siberian Husky

or

4.) A night with a Do-it-yourself Circumcision Kit

and those all would have been acceptable answers vs. the NBC one.

Filppula - Goodbye

Frangelina - Goodbye (see ya in Vancouver)

Cleary - Goodbye

Bertuzzi - Goodbye

Samuelsson - Goodbye

This team is a dire need of TWO top 6 scorers....and someone to give Kronwall a blanket party to wake his ass up! Hello! You are the #1 guy here, PLAY LIKE IT!

on a side note, so glad I don't have to stop complaining about "The Choice"

If shaw gets suspended that is just salt in the wound. Complete dirty play and you know what pisses me off even more is I think flip was hurting before that, and shaw went to the bench to meet him there. If the league continues to employ these horrible officials, I will never watch a game on their s*** excuse for a national network.

end rant:

Good season for the wings, excited for next year. Going to be in the east, and these young guys are going to be fun to watch. Hopefully tatar will be up and flip is gone.

Guys like you just crave attention..from your picture of some fake titties on your profile..to your fair weather band wagon comments..you get around here exactly what you don't get in real life...ATTENTION....which is exactly why you spend 17 hours a day on this site. It's like a train wreck though..I can't stop lookign to what kind of amazing insight you will come up with next.

LOL.

Forget it. You're not worth it.

Congrats to the Blackhawks, but also to the Wings. What a season ending with a lucky OT-Goal in Game 7. I'm pretty exited to see what they can do next season with what is hopefully a stronger rooster. Let's GO Wings !

So that's what this team needed to win... A rooster... I never would have thought of that one. Quick, someone call Kenny.

Except for Howard, what veterans didn't?

Honestly I thought Z was still outstanding. Think about it, the guy has to spend so much energy trying to shutdown toews/Kane/sharp that he has barely no energy to play offense. And you can be hard on pavel all you want, but I never will cause I know he's probably the hardest working guy in the league, and nobody has a right to s*** on him given what he does/ has done for this franchise!

I am already becoming pissed at all of the finger-pointing. It is a pathetic display. The Wings weren't supposed to make the playoffs this season. This was supposed to be a rebuilding season. They not only made the playoffs for the 22nd season in a row, but also outed the 2nd seed and came one goal away from doing the same to the 1st. If that's not good enough for some of you, then frankly I pity you for your runaway sense of entitlement.

I still just point my finger at Holland for not doing more to build this team up. I think these players, frustrating at times or not, did amazing considering the pieces in play. But I've been saying for ages now that it's stupid to not go for it when you still have Pavs and Z, and it was even stupider not to go for it when you had Lidstrom still too. You're going to be a good, competitive team every night still with Dats and Z in the lineup, and they've proven that this year if they've proven anything. I'm not saying we're one guy away from a Cup, but if we had a little more offense and a tighter D, I think we win this series. I'm not talking the need for stars either, though it'd certainly be nice. But to continually lose players and do nothing to make up for some of the loss just stings all the more right now. Like I've said literally for years now, if you're not going to blow up the team and really start rebuilding, do what you can to go for it. Sure, there are no guarantees, but it's brutally obvious that this team needs top-6 help at this point.

I hate to say it, really, I do, but I'm just saying, how do you think this series goes if Holland bites the bullet and gives up the 1st rounder for Jagr? In light of what they accomplished with this lineup, you have to wonder. I thought it was the right call at the time, and I think I still do, but you have to wonder right now. People always say that making moves is a gamble, but people rarely consider that not making moves is just as much of a gamble.

Ok let's see a weakest Red Wings team in last 20 years was one goal away from making WCF playing against both #2 and #1 seeds and without 2 very important players is supposed to be choking...come on

Great Playoffs for the team and coaching stuff...Ken Holland,it's your time shine.

Signed Pasha,Z and LGW members