• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

You are to Filppula what Eva is to Hudler.

Please. Read my posts in the Fil thread. I may be a Flip slappy, but I recognize he wasn't nearly as good as he should have, could have, or needed to be this season. Just because I defend him when people say stupid things like he was absolute s*** or we lost nothing without him, doesn't mean I think he is god's gift to hockey, like Eva thinks of Hudler.

I'm just glad I'm not 10 years younger. I took losses a lot worse then.

Now I'm fuming, but nothing near what I'd be back then in college. Good thing I couldn't post on LGW back then. :lol:

You guys think I'm bad now.

You were 'likes to fight' guy weren't ya:)

I'm not sure which Seabrook goal would have been more heartbreaking. Kudos to the boys but it was still a f****** disaster to lose this series.

Edited by hankzet40

Filppula - Goodbye

Frangelina - Goodbye (see ya in Vancouver)

Cleary - Goodbye

Bertuzzi - Goodbye

Samuelsson - Goodbye

This team is a dire need of TWO top 6 scorers....and someone to give Kronwall a blanket party to wake his ass up! Hello! You are the #1 guy here, PLAY LIKE IT!

on a side note, so glad I don't have to stop complaining about "The Choice"

I agree with all of those, Flip can stay if he wants to be the 3rd line center..we need to find a 2nd line center...I like Sammy and Bert but clearly Bert's back is a mess and at his age isn't going to get much better and Sammy just had a crap run of luck this year with injuries. Cleary is a warrior but just can't keep up for long periods of time..worked his ass of though. Franzen could get traded, its a pretty reasonable contract ..he's never going to play until the end of it so someone is going to only have to take that hit for 2-3 years. Need a top 6 guy and a top 6/9 guy. Cant wait to watch Gus play a full season next year.

Even if we won I am not so sure I would have enjoyed playing the Kings. They are big, strong and Quick is unreal right now...

This. While it would feel freaking awesome right now to have beaten the Hawks tonight, we would have an even taller mountain to climb playing another series out West. Also, if we had won we would have to turn around and fly out to LA since game 1 would've been on Friday night

and Flip probably wouldn't be available, and Helm and DeKeyser are still out, etc. etc.

Please. Read my posts in the Fil thread. I may be a Flip slappy, but I recognize he wasn't nearly as good as he should have, could have, or needed to be this season. Just because I defend him when people say stupid things like he was absolute s*** or we lost nothing without him, doesn't mean I think he is god's gift to hockey, like Eva thinks of Hudler.

Will you still post here if Flip is gone next year?

Fair enough. At least he still has a fan sticking up for him.

Ok let's see a weakest Red Wings team in last 20 years was one goal away from making WCF playing against both #2 and #1 seeds and without 2 very important players is supposed to be choking...come on

Great Playoffs for the team and coaching stuff...Ken Holland,it's your time shine.

Signed Pasha,Z and LGW members

I'm really not holding my breath with Holland. I don't think four years of consistently NOT making any significant moves besides sitting next to retiring legends and stars in press conferences is going to change. I hope I'm wrong, but I was hoping I was wrong about still being worried about Chicago this whole time too, and that didn't turn out too well. I just hope we don't overpay Flip. I think I'd rather have Cleary back cheap than pay Flip $5 million, and that's saying a whole lot.

Honestly, I didn't think the Wings would make it into the playoffs this year when Lidstrom decided to retire, and we lost Stuart, Holmstrom. I felt our blueline would be way too weak and we would give up too many goals (and we did). I really didn't think we had much of a chance against the Ducks, and definitely didn't think we could hang with the Blackhawks this year! But this team surprised me! The young guys picked up some great experience, this experience will make them hungrier and more determined, and the mistakes and inconsistency will be reduced! I agree that some changes are needed, I won't name names, but most of you know who they are! The Blackhawks found their game and proved they were the better team, good luck to them! The Wings future is bright, with a lot of young, capable talent! They will get better and I see many more playoff runs coming! GO WINGS!

You were 'likes to fight' guy weren't ya:)

No.

Just never could get over losses. Especially having your season end in OT. Haven't experienced that s*** since 2004.

I feel I'll be better at it now, but still pissed nonetheless.

Better team won. We were lucky to take it to game 7, and even to OT.

I don't know how anyone can say the wings were lucky to get to this point. They dictated play at times in this series, and this game, and they also had the play taken to them by the hawks (which was inevitable given the team chicago had). They had a great run, and I would even say they had a 50/50 shot of taking it in OT. Just not this time.

Edited by PuckY18

Sad thing is, we had this team down 3-1 and couldn't finish the job. As gutsy and gritty of a performance as we put on, they were ripe for the taking and we didn't take them.

I could call out Franzen, Filppula, Cleary (even though he has points, NOT a great playoff) Smith, etc. but what's the point. I hope the team shifts gears and gets some younger players to replace them with grit and heart and willingness to do what you have to do to win those little battles especially in playoff games. I know the Red Wings all too well and they will more than likely re-sign players they shouldn't re-sign out of loyalty or "they know the Red Wing system", which is almost as bad as the Canadiens signing players because they are French Canadian.

No kudos to the Hawks. We shoulda beat em. One bounce or deflection our way and we wouldn't be hearing that damn song. They got lucky.

I would like to send a big thank you to Matt and the other mods for making this an enjoyable place to discuss the Red Wings, but I do have one question: Does anyone know which setting makes it so you don't have to see posts from users you have ignored when other people quote them?

Edited by McAwesome

Tough loss guys.

Whoever said this has been the funnest playoffs in years is right...funnest since 2009 to be exact.

We did alot better than anybody thought we'd do, including myself. Our 3rd line was amazing all playoffs, and that certainly is promising.

Z proved himself to be a leader time and time again.

Howard was outstanding.

Disappointed with flip and franzen, they could have made the difference.

Datsyuk didn't look as good as he did against Anaheim, but he can't do everything.

The thing that hurts is that we were up 3-1, and although i was trying not to, i was already picturing us in the western final.

The thing that really blows is that this will be the last battle with Chicago for a long time, and they have won the last one.

Think we have a good group for next season, but we need a top 6 forward, at least one.

I still just point my finger at Holland for not doing more to build this team up. I think these players, frustrating at times or not, did amazing considering the pieces in play. But I've been saying for ages now that it's stupid to not go for it when you still have Pavs and Z, and it was even stupider not to go for it when you had Lidstrom still too. You're going to be a good, competitive team every night still with Dats and Z in the lineup, and they've proven that this year if they've proven anything. I'm not saying we're one guy away from a Cup, but if we had a little more offense and a tighter D, I think we win this series. I'm not talking the need for stars either, though it'd certainly be nice. But to continually lose players and do nothing to make up for some of the loss just stings all the more right now. Like I've said literally for years now, if you're not going to blow up the team and really start rebuilding, do what you can to go for it. Sure, there are no guarantees, but it's brutally obvious that this team needs top-6 help at this point.

I hate to say it, really, I do, but I'm just saying, how do you think this series goes if Holland bites the bullet and gives up the 1st rounder for Jagr? In light of what they accomplished with this lineup, you have to wonder. I thought it was the right call at the time, and I think I still do, but you have to wonder right now. People always say that making moves is a gamble, but people rarely consider that not making moves is just as much of a gamble.

He didn't over spend a dime at the deadline and we were within one goal of making it to the conference finals against a team that I think we would've beat. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.