• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

I am very sad and feeling deflated and it'll last for awhile. But I feel horrible and empty for those guys on the ice who played their hearts and their asses off, especially in the 3rd period. And fought tooth and nail, through injuries, to get to THE SEVENTH GAME WITH THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD. They played like I knew they could in the third period; like they knew they could. They were there for each other, like a team, just like the good ol' days and it was beautiful to behold.

But those of us who are still nit-picking, still pointing fingers, still raging, like somehow THEY let you down....What the hell is that about? Get f****** real. It is not about you or me. It's about our team.

Anyway, I'm outta here. I'll be back later when I calm down too. Have a great summer and please - all of you take care of yourselves.

What the ? They are our archnemesis you don't congratulate them, I'd love nothing more than te Kings beating the crap out of this stupid team, I hate them. Too bad the Kings traded Westgarth because Bickel and Shaw would be in for a long overdue healthy fist of reality f*** YOU hawks Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

It's what you do when you when you are fair and Hawks deserve it. Coming back from a 3-1 and winning a game 7 in OT is something that you have to acknowledge as a great performance. That doesn't make the Wings performance worse. And it doesn't keep me from wishing the same winner like you in the WCF. ;)

Guest The Axe

It's times like these that I question the logic of being a fan. The disappointments seem to far outweigh the good times. I don't mean this as an indictment on the wings, just sports fandom in general. I'm only rooting for the Harlem globetrotters from now on.

And its times like these I pick you up and say I cant wait to cheer for the Wings with you next year. Keep your chin up. This team is rebuilding FAST on the fly. The league has definitely taken notice.

No.

Just never could get over losses. Especially having your season end in OT. Haven't experienced that s*** since 2004.

I feel I'll be better at it now, but still pissed nonetheless.

I think all of us here deal with losses differently.

This will be much easier for me personally because the expectations from the seasons start were never very high.

But those losses over the last 22 years when we lost as a higher seed , my summers were hell, depressed etc.

Wings are the only pro team in any sport that makes me feel that and this way....love it!

This isn't as gut-wretching defeat as I thought it'd be. It the back of mind I never really thought we had a Cup winning team this year and I doubt most did (at least until we were 3-1 up on Chicago then I guess you can start thinking about it) I think it was a success to make the playoffs this year, the 2nd round was a bonus. The young players made strides this year and I'm excited about our future. I hope we cut the deadweight and make good decisions this off season. We can be a contender as soon as next season. Looking back I think we could be proud of our boys to push the number 1 seed to a game seven and look at this season as a vital building block for the next generation of Red Wing success.

Edited by Number19

I am very sad and feeling deflated and it'll last for awhile. But I feel horrible and empty for those guys on the ice who played their hearts and their asses off, especially in the 3rd period. And fought tooth and nail, through injuries, to get to THE SEVENTH GAME WITH THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD. They played like I knew they could in the third period; like they knew they could. They were there for each other, like a team, just like the good ol' days and it was beautiful to behold.

But those of us who are still nit-picking, still pointing fingers, still raging, like somehow THEY let you down....What the hell is that about? Get f****** real. It is not about you or me. It's about our team.

Anyway, I'm outta here. I'll be back later when I calm down too. Have a great summer and please - all of you take care of yourselves.

I was leaving this mess 20 minutes ago but my juvenile temper is taking over...time to go play with the kids. Have a good one.

we were within one goal of making it to the conference finals against a team that I think we would've beat.

If anything that is an argument FOR making the trade. We lost. but Jagr might have put us over the top, and that is the point of deadline trades.

sigh, Hawks' fans on Facebook were quick to pull out the rulebook on the penalty shot call, but now want to stuff the rulebook in the drawer on the no goal allowed call... saying the ref doesn't know what he was calling on that play and apparently oblivious to Saad throwing a punch at a guy with no helmet.

He didn't over spend a dime at the deadline and we were within one goal of making it to the conference finals against a team that I think we would've beat. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

So, what if he pulls the trigger on Jagr, we win this series, win the next and make it to the Cup Finals? With a little more offense, I think that's a real possibility. Sure, no guarantees, can't say it enough, but just a little more offense and with the way these playoffs have been going, we might've had a shot at going all the way. So is a potential shot at the Cup not worth gambling a bit on? After all, draft picks offer no guarantees either.

This isn't as gut-wretching defeat as I thought it'd be. It the back of mind I never really thought we had a Cup winning team this year and I doubt most did (at least until we were 3-1 up on Chicago then I guess you can start thinking about it) I think it was a success to make the playoffs this year, the 2nd round was a bonus. The young players made strides this year and I'm excited about our future. I hope we cut the deadweight and make good decisions this off season. We can be a contender as soon as next season. Looking back I think we could be proud of our boys to push the number 1 seed to a game seven and look at this season as a vital building block for the next generation of Red Wing success.

Call me crazy, but if we won this series (which we almost did), I would feel like we had a Cup winning team. Didn't feel that way earlier of course, but anything could have happened if we scored that goal in OT.

I'm off for awhile, because frankly I'm not going to be able to stand all the yelling and finger-pointing. Call me self-righteous, but I think that along with your understandable disappointment, some of you could stand to show a bit of gratitude for a team that greatly overachieved.

Adios.

Adios. And your statement goes for Cleary and all the rest of them too, right? Have a fruitful time off.

Guest The Axe

But.... It just hurts so bad.

I hear you dude. I feel like crying. And im a 37 year old grown man. But the smile on Stevie's face in 97 made me cry too. And its worth 20 seasons of losses for that one moment when your guys beat 4 teams and skate with Lord Stanley. 5 more months and our year begins!!!

Wasn't Cleary the leader in points this series?

What's sad about this statement is how shocked we are about this. If he played better everyone would have been chanting Cleary's name. He was GOD AWFUL and would always find a way to choke on HUGE moments. He could have easily tipped this series in our favor if he capitalized on the truck tons of chances and not make as many terrible mistakes/plays with/without the puck. The fact that he is point leader shows us how bad our offense is/was.

If anything that is an argument FOR making the trade. We lost. but Jagr might have put us over the top, and that is the point of deadline trades.

Hey, we agree in something. On that note, I'd be fine if Flip stayed for $3 million or so. That's the best I can do. And I think it's tough to argue that he deserves a raise from this team given how all has gone down. But at the right price, he'd still be good to have around.

Its weird way to end a weird season. This is pretty much the exact same team we'll see next year, can they do it again? How will we fare in the Eastern Conference? Glad we have Jimmy.