• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

What's sad about this statement is how shocked we are about this. If he played better everyone would have been chanting Cleary's name. He was GOD AWFUL and would always find a way to choke on HUGE moments. He could have easily tipped this series in our favor if he capitalized on the truck tons of chances and not make as many terrible mistakes/plays with/without the puck. The fact that he is point leader shows us how bad our offense is/was.

What player were you watching? Cleary player with heart and put everything he had out there. He's not supposed to be a leading scorer. Yes, we need more offense, but talk the about the guys that didn't score if that's your point. Not the guy who outplayed his role

No mention of Ken Holland being replaced? That's really incredible. This team has very limited skilled players and he's the one that did absolutely nothing at the trading deadline and telling the media that "we're happy with our current team!. Sure, Ken........if you're not interested in being a contender. Which they're obviously not. He's both responsible and accountable for the lack of skill on this team. With the exception of maybe a half dozen players, Babcock had little to work with. That was also obvious.

well if nothing else the kids got a lot of invaluable experience this run

Smith, Kindl, Andersson, Brunner, Nyqvist, Emmerton- a little bit for Lashoff, DeKeyser got a brief taste

as they say, losing is the best teacher and hopefully the guys grow from it

like a lot of other folks here, I think we should let Flip go, he made himself expendable

also should jettison Cleary, Bert, Sammy, & White though 2 of those still have contracts

would also like to see Mule gone, he's gonna be 34 by year's end and he's a shell of his former playoff self and likely will never get to that level again

anyway, still proud of our guys this year and hope to take the East by storm in the fall!

LGW!!!

And its times like these I pick you up and say I cant wait to cheer for the Wings with you next year. Keep your chin up. This team is rebuilding FAST on the fly. The league has definitely taken notice.

You know what, axe? You're alright.

Detroit should have played #44 and others. Anyways it was a great playoff run. We did things that we weren't supposed to do. Like make the playoffs make the 2nd round and such. I wish the CHI Blackhawks and the L.A. Kings all the best of luck! Go Kings! And Go Boston!

Extremely disappointed, but very proud of this team in rebuilding on the fly. Looking to see big steps next year, in a brand new division, in a brand new conference. I have no real preference in who wins the Cup, as long as it's not Chicago or Pittsburgh.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i knew the red wings were done after game 4. i just knew it.

way to blow a 3-1 series lead. i see nothing but disappointment for the red wings in the next 10 years. and nothing but dynasty for the penguins.

have fun golfing red wings!

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Trying like heck to stifle my emotions. After all, the guys that just choked away a 3-1 game lead will wake up tomorrow, continue to receive their million dollar checks throughout the summer, and drive their luxury suv's to the finest golf courses money can buy, while the rest of us will have to get up tomorrow, go to our s*** jobs, and have to remain civil throughout the day, knowing that if we screw up something even a fraction of a degree as bad as some of the Wings did, we'll get our asses fired. Get pissed? You bet! Get sad and weepy? Hell no!

And thanks, John Keating, for not asking Mike Babcock about injuries during the series. What a dork!

No mention of Ken Holland being replaced? That's really incredible. This team has very limited skilled players and he's the one that did absolutely nothing at the trading deadline and telling the media that "we're happy with our current team!. Sure, Ken........if you're not interested in being a contender. Which they're obviously not. He's both responsible and accountable for the lack of skill on this team. With the exception of maybe a half dozen players, Babcock had little to work with. That was also obvious.

I would be perfectly ok with holland getting replaced. I just try not to get too worked up about it because it's never going to happen. Unfortunately, babs pretty much validated what Kenny's been saying all season, "Anything can happen in the playoffs, just look at the kings." I can just hear him know, "I think we've got a real good team, we came within one goal of beating the president's trophy champs."

i knew the red wings were done after game 4. i just knew it.

way to blow a 3-1 series lead. i see nothing but disappointment for the red wings in the next 10 years. and nothing but dynasty for the penguins.

have fun golfing red wings!

LOL.

You've been reading my posts over the years, Ryan. But you have to be more subtle.

Just say that Carey Price would have made that last save.

This is how i guage it:

Would I have bet my whole year's salary for the wings to win?

If I didn't then I can't be a hypocrite. No one gave us a chance. Just imagine the pain in their locker room.

They gave it their all and I saw it today. I can't be upset or even sad at the outcome.

Will Andrew Shaw get a call from Dept of Player Safety?

I hope he does everyone was reporting it except, nbc haha

Edit: but who knows the league really gives the benefit of the doubt when it looks like an "accident". Like perry kneeing howard in the head....

Edited by MTU_Huskies963

K obviously you haven't been watching hockey the last month and been in a coma because THIS TEAM is and can be a contender when guys like dekeyser and helm get back not to mention amazing full season play by goose and hopfully tatar your looking at an elite bunch of guys.....we were 1 goal away from playing the defending champs in the conference final get a grip and stop the whining just because we didn't win doesn't mean we aren't good enough and ken Holland is not smart

We'll see in just a month. I can't imagine that he'd sit on his hands after all of this. Babs has been vocal about his displeasure concerning the roster and will be again for sure, and the pressure will be on to improve things. This time is different, because they almost missed the playoffs and really could have beaten the Hawks if they had a deeper team. Its obvious to the entire hockey world.

If he doesn't do anything...I agree, he should retire.

Anyone's opinion of Toews changed this series? I never knew him to be such a whiny brat. Great leader that guy. On another note reports of Kane maturing seem to be true. I can't remember one problem I had with him all series.

other than that drawn on "beard" of his, he wasn't too bad- just his usual cherry-picking douchey self

but yeah Toews took a page out of cry baby Crosby's book, disappointing to see

I'll just leave this here.

https://vine.co/v/bYv2x32e0JP

:clap::lol:

Of course Pierre will tell this story to his grandkids saying because Z refused his interview the hockey gods were against the Wings.

BTW, would anyone else feel a little worse about winning because of the waved off goal earlier?

I'd have to hear that for the rest of my life from Hawks fans.

Let's just say if that call was against us I'd be a little more than upset.

Anyone's opinion of Toews changed this series? I never knew him to be such a whiny brat. Great leader that guy. On another note reports of Kane maturing seem to be true. I can't remember one problem I had with him all series.

Well honestly he stopped whining after that meltdown and just fought through it. As for Kane, he looks so calm and dangerous with the puck, and invisible without the puck. If that kid had a two way game I'd consider him elite.