• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

Trying like heck to stifle my emotions. After all, the guys that just choked away a 3-1 game lead will wake up tomorrow, continue to receive their million dollar checks throughout the summer, and drive their luxury suv's to the finest golf courses money can buy, while the rest of us will have to get up tomorrow, go to our s*** jobs, and have to remain civil throughout the day, knowing that if we screw up something even a fraction of a degree as bad as some of the Wings did, we'll get our asses fired. Get pissed? You bet! Get sad and weepy? Hell no!

You do realise only 1 team can win, right? And that that doesn't mean the other 29 teams are all failures whose players all deserve to be sacked. The Hawks are a better team than us. That doesn't mean they "care" more, it just means they have better players.

Go ask Philly and Rangers fans how the "win the Stanley Cup or everyone gets traded/bought out/sacked" approach has worked for them the last 20 years.

Yeah it sucks that we lost last night and it will hurt for a while. Saying that though, the Wings proved that they can compete in a so called "rebuilding year". These playoffs are going to help the younger players out for next year and the years coming. For the Wings to be able to knock out the second seed in 7 games, and take the first seed to 7 games into ot is a very great feeling. I'm proud to be a Wings fan and always will no matter what the case is. I can't wait for trianing camp already and the start of the season next year. Thanks very much Wings!!!

Only in Detroit can people find a way to be proud of failure. Then again, what else do we have? We had our proverbial foot on their throat and failed to finish it off. Failed. Failure. Failing. Get it? You all saw the games and if thats the kind of performance, coaching and effort you can be proud of (games 5 and 6 in particular), then I bet you probably Applebees is a gourmet restaurant, the new Dodge Dart is a BMW M series and Hazel Park is the Hamptons.

The Wings have given me a lifetime of joy, 4 Cups , every season in the playoffs.. Yeah they lost a series up 3-1 chit happens, maybe understand they are playing a ton of young guys who will only get better from this experience Losing in OT in game 7 on the road against the best team in the League this season, yeah what a failure..

You do realise only 1 team can win, right? And that that doesn't mean the other 29 teams are all failures whose players all deserve to be sacked. The Hawks are a better team than us. That doesn't mean they "care" more, it just means they have better players.

Go ask Philly and Rangers fans how the "win the Stanley Cup or everyone gets traded/bought out/sacked" approach has worked for them the last 20 years.

:thumbup:

The Wings have given me a lifetime of joy, 4 Cups , every season in the playoffs.. Yeah they lost a series up 3-1 chit happens, maybe understand they are playing a ton of young guys who will only get better from this experience Losing in OT in game 7 on the road against the best team in the League this season, yeah what a failure..

Yes it was disappointing in the way it happened after getting up 3-1 in the series, but they defeated Anaheim and took the Hawks to OT in game 7. This was a team I wasn't sure would make the playoffs.

Disappointing in the moment but all in all still a good result.

Im not liking the over payment for Howard this season and the length of it. I also think its over due for Detroit to part ways with Fil and Franzen. Bad thing is there is nothing good to get this offseason from the UFA, to get quality players we would have to make some trades. Holland has not impressed me since 2008 Cup run. Abby killed us in game 5 in Chicago, his timing for penalties is really bad, send him to a rival so we can take advantage of his costly mistakes. I also think next year is the last we see Dats in the Winged wheel, so with that 1 more decent year left for a cup run, will we do something with our core to do it then?

Over payment for Howard? You're out to lunch on this one. Pay the goalie. Fix the defense and offense the best you can.

Howard carried an old washed up vet/rookie team (Dats/Zetts aside) to the playoffs, and into the 2nd round game 7 OT against the best team in the league. A 3 on 1 and a point blank deflection was the only things that beat him that game. You're not going to get a better performance from another goalie (maybe Rinne would have saved the first goal due to shear size, but that's not Howard's fault that Rinne is a monster) in the league. Especially the way he was getting shelled.

You ask for your goalie to show up in a game 7? You pay him for it. Howard did just that. Wings just couldn't score; made Crawford look like Quick most of the tike.

Edited by Dynheart

Guest Hatethedrake!

Proud of ya Wings. Played their hearts out and did the best they could. Almost pulled it off. I didn't think they would even make the playoffs way back when Lidstrom announced he was retiring. Stuart leaves. Helm gets injured. All the injuries throughout the season. Babs did one heck of a job coaching this team. We can all look forward to our Wings being a powerhouse once again competing for the Cup. Jimmy proved he is one of the best goalies in the league. I can only be positive today. We didn't expect much yet accomplished alot IMO. Way to go Wings. :clap:

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I am greatful for seeing theme gain 4 cups in 12 years and making the playoffs 22 years in a row I ant ask for more from a rookie team who tried their best to get the hawks jimmy is awesome I Love goose,Andy DD all our younger guys are going to be great

I see this year similar to 2007. Stevey Y just retired. Pav and Hank were taking the torch. Up until that year, no one thought Pav could handle the playoffs. That post Stevie team proved to everyone they were legit, and the kids were taking over.

The following year we were treated to the best played hockey I've seen the red wings play. #1 in virtually every category and they worked their asses off in the process.

Our now core was just beginning to really blossom. Now we have the likes of Nyquist and Tatar and DD and Andersson. I think they are our future core, and I am very hopeful for the future.

Edited by Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Well after sleeping about it, sorry for dropping some F-bombs but I just hate the Hawks, so it will take a few days weeks to look at this in a more calm way.

Completely understandable. I think were all not the greatest Hawks fans. ;)

I think we have many guys who stepped up this year, the young guys obviously but also Howard coming to his prime, Kronnwall and Ericsson not filling the great whole left by Lidstrom but being a worthy successor and a great No1 defensive pair. Not to forget Zetterbergs leadership. All that great questions marks before the season and it makes me very optimistic for our future. It looks bright for the next 2-3 years to come.

It was absolutely boarding.

How many more breaks do you think the Wings needed? They got plenty. The disallowed goal in game 3, no call on hooking Saad on a break away and the coincidentals last night that shouldn't have been called. The Wings got plenty of breaks and still came up short. The better team won.

How many more breaks do you think the Wings needed? They got plenty. The disallowed goal in game 3, no call on hooking Saad on a break away and the coincidentals last night that shouldn't have been called. The Wings got plenty of breaks and still came up short. The better team won.

I just answered the question. Are penalties considered breaks now? How many breaks did the hawks have? No penalty shot when abby had the stick knocked out of his hands, shaw clearly slew footing flip, franzen boarded and a goal scored. I won't deny the better team won, but don't justify not calling a dangerous play because one team appears to have more "breaks".

I just answered the question. Are penalties considered breaks now? How many breaks did the hawks have? No penalty shot when abby had the stick knocked out of his hands, shaw clearly slew footing flip, franzen boarded and a goal scored. I won't deny the better team won, but don't justify not calling a dangerous play because one team appears to have more "breaks".

I haven't looked at the replay today and don't care to, but seeing the replay live after they scored I thought it was a clean hit on Nyquist's side, not on the numbers.

I haven't looked at the replay today and don't care to, but seeing the replay live after they scored I thought it was a clean hit on Nyquist's side, not on the numbers.

It was not a check from behind, it was boarding.

It was not a check from behind, it was boarding.

I know it seems like boarding or charging or something every time one of your guys gets hit but THAT wasn't boarding in THAT situation. I don't think it was boarding in any situation. He had the puck, he had seen or should have seen Bolland, he hung on to it a little longer to make a play, Bolland hit him from the side, Bolland was gliding all the way from center ice to the boards....

He wasn't defenseless either..

Rule 41 - Boarding

41.1 Boarding – A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently in the boards. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

There is an enormous amount of judgment involved in the application of this rule by the Referees. The onus is on the player applying the check to ensure his opponent is not in a defenseless position and if so, he must avoid or minimize the contact.

I know it seems like boarding or charging or something every time one of your guys gets hit but THAT wasn't boarding in THAT situation. I don't think it was boarding in any situation. He had the puck, he had seen or should have seen Bolland, he hung on to it a little longer to make a play, Bolland hit him from the side, Bolland was gliding all the way from center ice to the boards....

He wasn't defenseless either..

Rule 41 - Boarding

41.1 Boarding – A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently in the boards. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

There is an enormous amount of judgment involved in the application of this rule by the Referees. The onus is on the player applying the check to ensure his opponent is not in a defenseless position and if so, he must avoid or minimize the contact.

I guess all those people that get nailed from behind should not have held onto the puck too long, or should have known the player was there :lol: . Nyquist is defenseless Bolland comes from his blind side and hits him into the board. When he lines up the hit Nyquists back is facing him ,so it's not like nyquist put himself in that position. At that point it's bolland's responsibility to let up. Was it the single reason the wings lost this game? nope. Should it have been called? yes.