Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#41 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

So the game starts at 8 EST? I want to make sure I don't have a moment of confusion ... I think NBCSN is trying to confuse me ...

I'm sorry, but this is just my pet peeve.  "EST" stands for Eastern STANDARD Time.  We are currently on DAYLIGHT time.  So, the game actually starts at 8 EDT.  The best way to say it is simply 8ET (Eastern Time), and then there is no need to worry about whether we are on Standard or Daylight time.

As you can tell, I'm just a bit wound up about this game 7!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!

#42 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

No worry here. I do NOT expect any passengers tonight. We also have two of the very best players in the world in #13 and #40 - who time and again have shown they know how to lead and know how to finish the job. And the best coach in the game will have these guys prepped and ready - it's all on them to complete the task.

The guys below them need to remember that while careers always seem like there's another tomorrow - and you will always get another chance at a Cup - those careers come and go so very quickly and you NEVER know how many chances you are going to get. Too much talking going on over there in Chicago's room and too much blame being passed around during and after a loss. I do NOT believe they are as united as we are. And again - we weren't even suppose to be here. That tells you all you need to know about US VS THEM mentality.

It is destiny for this team to meet LA and force goalie Jonathan Quick's return to earth. I do not believe he is that good [it was the Sharks!].

I will love this team no matter what happens tonight, but we are on the edge of something very special here, and only 9 W's away from the Cup. We can do it.

For Mister Howe. For The Captain. For Vladdy.

""TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.""

GO WINGS!!!

#43 Supertack

Supertack

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

@JSportsnet: East Final will start Saturday. West Final will start Friday if Detroit wins..Saturday if Chicago wins.

Why does Chicago get an extra day if they win, yet we would have to turn around and play Fri?

Rolling Stones play the UC on Friday night.

#44 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Plus it will be a back to back for the Hawks if they win. Anyway, I have zero expectations for this game. A few nerves perhaps, but I don't expect a good outcome in this game. Prove me wrong gents. LGW.

#45 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Skate..Go hard, grind, get pucks on net, get a few bounces , limit give aways win face offs.

Lets go boys!!!

#46 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

First, I don't want the refs deciding the outcome of this game let both teams play hockey it's game 7!!!!! I couldn't sleep last night, was way to excited for this game tonight!! Wings come out flying right from puck drop, score early to take the crowd out of the game and they don't look back. Play a full 60 limit the turnovers and Wings are off to the WCF!!! LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!

IPB Image

#47 beaugeek

beaugeek

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Go Wings!

#48 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

The Wings are Rocky Balboa and the Hawks are Clubber Lang.  Should be a good one...

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#49 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

Win or lose, as long as the Wings compete for 60 minutes I'll be satisfied. Show the Hawks you won't be pushed around, if Howard has the game of his life, we'll advance to the WCF. Lets go Wings!

#NOMOREKINDL

#50 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

I'm not buying the 'If I told you that we'd have a game 7 against Chicago ... we'd be pretty excited' mindset.  Sorry Babs.  What about if I told you that you'd be up 3-1 in the series and you have a game 7?

Am I proud of the Wings ... of course I am!  But I'll be hella disappointed if we can't pull this off after being up 3-1 in the series.  So go out there and kick some arse boys.  You proved that you could do it in games 2, 3, 4!  Don't hold back.  Let's fly Lidstrom in and bring him to the locker room for a pep talk or inspiration!

Edited by RedWingsRox, 29 May 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#51 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

How many times have we seen teams come from a 2 or 3 game deficit, with all the 'momentum', only to fall flat in game 7?  That will be tonight for Chicago.  Mark it.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#52 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

If I had told you at the beginning of this abortion of a 48 game in-conference only schedule that you'd get a one game winner takes all game vs. Chicago at the United Center to play the Kings in the WCF we'd ALL have jumped at that chance.

Well tonight we have it. And we're going to take it. And we're going to win.

I hope they packed for L.A. 

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#53 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

If the Wings are to win this game, it will have to be Pav and Hank leading the way.  Come on boys.  We KNOW you can do it!  GO WINGS!  :nhl:   Come on Jimmy!  Shut the door!  :goalie:

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#54 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

@JSportsnet: East Final will start Saturday. West Final will start Friday if Detroit wins..Saturday if Chicago wins.

Why does Chicago get an extra day if they win, yet we would have to turn around and play Fri?

you need to swing some of your hate vibes to the wings tonight, tell everyone how bad they are, it seemed to do good work before :)

If I had told you at the beginning of this abortion of a 48 game in-conference only schedule that you'd get a one game winner takes all game vs. Chicago at the United Center to play the Kings in the WCF we'd ALL have jumped at that chance.

Well tonight we have it. And we're going to take it. And we're going to win.

I hope they packed for L.A. 

Ya but remember how beat we were after the anaheim series? That will be even worse after finishing up with LA

#55 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

someone goes home don't let it be us lgrw

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#56 paulb1320

paulb1320

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

Who are the referees? Thats all I need to know. If O'Halleran or Watson are in, we will not win. I wont watch if one of those guys is working game 7. Too frustrating to see momentum shifted by the officials.

From The Malik Report

The referees for tonight’s Western Conference semifinal Game 7 between the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings are Stephen Walkom (#24) and Dan O’Rourke (#9).

Working the lines will be “she told me her name was Billy” Jean Morin (#97) and Brian “Killer Bee” Murphy (#97).

Also found this funny / infuriating 

Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

Enjoyed this.When selling a slashing penalty,shake the hand that was actually hit #Frolik #HitRightShakesLeft http://bit.ly/155BYWd  #TSN

#57 Sprsquirt7

Sprsquirt7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Refs for tonight:

"The referees for tonight’s Western Conference semifinal Game 7 between the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings are Stephen Walkom (#24) and Dan O’Rourke (#9).

Working the lines will be “she told me her name was Billy” Jean Morin (#97) and Brian “Killer Bee” Murphy (#97)."

#58 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,470 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Refs for tonight:

"The referees for tonight’s Western Conference semifinal Game 7 between the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings are Stephen Walkom (#24) and Dan O’Rourke (#9).

Working the lines will be “she told me her name was Billy” Jean Morin (#97) and Brian “Killer Bee” Murphy (#93)."

Nice.  At least it's not Dan "Penalty Shot" O'Halloran

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#59 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

LETS GO WINGS! A bandwagon Hawks fan that works next to my business, slapped a Hawks sticker on my truck the day after game 1. I have a huge Wings sticker ready for her windshield if we pull this off....

#60 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

from Khan

Wings new power play formation. Sort of using Datsyuk at point along with Zetterberg, Franzen and Abdelkader (net front). Kronwall at point