• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

I feel for Jimmy. He's finally established himself as an elite goalie that can get the job done, and the only 2 goals that beat him are off a 3on1 and a ******* deflection. Makes me sick, the hockey gods can go to f*** here tonight.

I think what actually sucks the most about this is that it's not entirely surprising because a) Chicago in fact is a better team than most of us would ever like to admit and b) our team still just isn't good enough. You get this feeling, like a tease, that maybe the reverse is true, and it feels good. But then reality comes crashing down in one painfully elongated swoop.

And it just sucks.

I fail to see how being disappointed about losing a series in which we were up 3-1 is whining or entitlement.

Maybe we weren't supposed to make playoffs, but once we're up by that much, we were supposed to win.

I'm not angry or calling for anyone's head, I'm just deflated. This shouldn't have happened, upstart or not.

Roller coaster of a season..tough way to go down..learned alot about our young guys..feel like we may just be a couple pieces away . Jimmy is top notch and love watching that guy. Signing off for a while..too hard to listen to the GMRWings types around here who complain about everything.. Have a good summer to the real fans out there.

Gah, I think when the series was that close for the Wings it makes this loss even worse. Even if they "shouldn't" have gotten this far. To watch it slip from your grasp sucks.

Very bummed right now, especially after a deflection goal like that. The one thing I don't want to hear tomorrow is how the Blackhawks deserved to win because of the penalty at the end of the game.

All in all, can't wait for next season!

Because he's not Lidstrom, and every defenseman who is not Nick makes mistake sometimes. That said, this was simply a very bad bounce.

I know I know I just thought that was his best play because he was so flat footed that he just started backing in right on top of jimmy! Kronner is a hell of a d-man and I don't fault him for anything that happened

I'm not as mad as I thought I would be. Didn't really deserve to win this series. Get better in the offseason I think the team is only going to get better from here on

I think they need to get stronger. Not necessarily bigger, just stronger on the puck and more guys who fight into the middle of the ice. These guys have some real good talent imo. If we had a legit top 6, an effective Filpulla and 35 goal scoring Franzen, we definitely would be in Round 3.

Thought that was definitely boarding on Bolland, but typical NHL officiating making calls based on the situation. Absolutely brutal job all series on the refs end and not just sour grapes.

This stings tonight because the Wings were up 3-1 and had a chance to eliminate the Blackhawks. I'm still very proud of the Red Wings. This playoff run was a blast. Can't wait for the future in the East.

Guest Crymson

I fail to see how being disappointed about losing a series in which we were up 3-1 is whining or entitlement.

Maybe we weren't supposed to make playoffs, but once we're up by that much, we were supposed to win.

I'm not angry or calling for anyone's head, I'm just deflated. This shouldn't have happened, upstart or not.

There's no "supposed to" in professional sports.

Don Cherry - Lovely play... lovely hit by Bolland here, doesn't get called for boarding. Lovely hit

Uh... if you have to reference the fact he didnt get called for boarding... is it really a good, clean hit? Hmm.. ok lol