• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

I knew we would lose game 5 but game 6 was a shock to me I still fail feel like we win this we got to muh to prove our younger guys want it if they didn't we would already we golfing its going to be great finish but we will do the damage in the 2nd 4-1 wings for sure than its time to bring on LA

Edited by sjr2012

If a game 7 against a division rival does not wake up franzen, I don't know what will. I am not asking him to show up and score a goal (although that would be awesome), just make his presence felt. Throw some weight around, and wear out the D. Flip was skating really well in game 6, I would not be surprised if he gets a goal tonight.

If I were a Homer I would pick the Wings tonight but in reality the Wings are not good enough this year to beat the Hawks especially in their building with them having all the momentum! Our scorers are too silent and our skaters tend to get pushed back in their own zone too much and unless Jimmy pitches another shutout we are toast!

I know Howie wants this game so bad. He has so much emotion in every play and every game, I would feel really bad for him more than anyone if the Blackhawks win especially how he carried our team the hole season. With that said, my pre series prediction was Hawks in 6 so in reality I should be happy with how it's gone so far but I won't be satisfied until it says 00:00 on the clock in the 3rd and a higher number on the visitors side of the score board.

im sure all the experts that picked chi to win this are all over them again but that is good because that's how we went up 3-1 we need to use it again to get the 4th win LGRW

Win or lose, the wings better give 100% this game. Play hockey. Finish your checks, make solid passes, play great D, take advantage of the hawk's mistakes and capitalize on them. If we lose and we've done those things, we can't complain.

I'm with you 100%. If we go down (and that is not certain) and we do it by playing smart and hard, I can live with that (barely). I'm going to go out on a limb here and say our boys have a dramatic flair (that ends up taking years off our life span) and will come out hard at the last minute, just like the season and the first round.

Ugh. I hate to say this but I just don't have a good feeling. God, I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I just think we squandered our chance at winning this series. Chicago wins tonight. But let's hope we get a total 6o minute effort and I'm totallyf****** wrong. Go Wings!

Edited by SimonSin

I've really enjoyed this series and i hope the finale does it justice. If they go out and give it the game 2-4, 6 effort, I won't be able to complain. So much happier watching the team this playoffs as opposed to the last couple.

We need several things to happen to beat the Hawks in their barn in game 7, so here's my 7 keys:

1) We need Jimmy to be back to superhuman Jimmy, he has looked average again the last couple games.

2) Flip and Mule need to limit the floating around center ice and play with some purpose.

3) We need bodies in front of Crawford but without creating stupid penalties in the process.

4) Smith needs to surgically remove his head from his arse and limit the defensive lapses.

5) Hard clears down the boards on the PK.

6) Win the 50/50 battles on the puck

7) Shoot, shoot, shoot. You never know what kind of fluke bounce you're gonna get and that could be all we need for a date with LA.

:clap::yahoo::goalie::nhl::thumbs-up:

Well, there are 5 teams left in the playoffs as of right now. They consist of the last 5 Stanley Cup Champions.

Red Wings need to win tonight to ensure its 4 of the last 5 still alive and not the last 4. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

@JSportsnet: East Final will start Saturday. West Final will start Friday if Detroit wins..Saturday if Chicago wins.

Why does Chicago get an extra day if they win, yet we would have to turn around and play Fri?

Yeah someone else said it but Rolling Stones are in town and actually if Hawks win, it hurts them a bit cause they have to play Saturday and Sunday, back to back, and Stones last and third show is on Monday night.

My prediction is an octopus is thrown on the ice and for the first time it is a penalty but not for the home team even though its their home ice, they will go above and beyond the rule book and assess the the penalty to the Wings because its "their" tradition.

I also predict Hawks are given 3 penalty shots.