Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#1001 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I am already becoming pissed at all of the finger-pointing. It is a pathetic display. The Wings weren't supposed to make the playoffs this season. This was supposed to be a rebuilding season. They not only made the playoffs for the 22nd season in a row, but also outed the 2nd seed and came one goal away from doing the same to the 1st. If that's not good enough for some of you, then frankly I pity you for your runaway sense of entitlement.

I still just point my finger at Holland for not doing more to build this team up. I think these players, frustrating at times or not, did amazing considering the pieces in play. But I've been saying for ages now that it's stupid to not go for it when you still have Pavs and Z, and it was even stupider not to go for it when you had Lidstrom still too. You're going to be a good, competitive team every night still with Dats and Z in the lineup, and they've proven that this year if they've proven anything. I'm not saying we're one guy away from a Cup, but if we had a little more offense and a tighter D, I think we win this series. I'm not talking the need for stars either, though it'd certainly be nice. But to continually lose players and do nothing to make up for some of the loss just stings all the more right now. Like I've said literally for years now, if you're not going to blow up the team and really start rebuilding, do what you can to go for it. Sure, there are no guarantees, but it's brutally obvious that this team needs top-6 help at this point.

I hate to say it, really, I do, but I'm just saying, how do you think this series goes if Holland bites the bullet and gives up the 1st rounder for Jagr? In light of what they accomplished with this lineup, you have to wonder. I thought it was the right call at the time, and I think I still do, but you have to wonder right now. People always say that making moves is a gamble, but people rarely consider that not making moves is just as much of a gamble.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#1002 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

I thought all along we would beat the Kings.

Still feel that way.  

And I think we could have beat the Hawks too

#1003 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Ok let's see a weakest Red Wings team in last 20 years was one goal away from making WCF playing against both #2 and #1 seeds and without 2 very important players is supposed to be choking...come on

Great Playoffs for the team and coaching stuff...Ken Holland,it's your time shine.

Signed Pasha,Z and LGW members

#1004 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Proud to be a Wings fan. Devastating loss, but that's hockey. Our team is no longer "old" looking forward to next season and Lidstrom's ceremony.

#1005 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 753 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

This one really really stings but I will bleed Red Wing red until I die.

Thank you Wings.

Thank you also to Matt and the rest of the mods that put the work in to maintain this wonderful site for us to use all year!

Edited by Ram, 29 May 2013 - 10:30 PM.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#1006 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,804 posts

i'm not nearly as upset as I thought I would be.

I think it's because I didn't expect Detroit to win.

but man were they close.

I'm ok as long as I don't have to hear all the Hawks slobberfest

#1007 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Hopefully Helm will be healthy and ready to go next season.

I hope to god!

#1008 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,980 posts

With a couple of his goals in the first round, they should invent secondary goals just for Cleary.

Filppula couldn't even score those.

#1009 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

I'm just glad I'm not 10 years younger.  I took losses a lot worse then.

Now I'm fuming, but nothing near what I'd be back then in college.  Good thing I couldn't post on LGW back then.   :lol:   

You guys think I'm bad now.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1010 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

You are to Filppula what Eva is to Hudler.

Please. Read my posts in the Fil thread. I may be a Flip slappy, but I recognize he wasn't nearly as good as he should have, could have, or needed to be this season. Just because I defend him when people say stupid things like he was absolute s*** or we lost nothing without him, doesn't mean I think he is god's gift to hockey, like Eva thinks of Hudler.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#1011 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen
? -Datsyuk- Tatar
Cleary- Helm- Brunner
Eaves - Andersson- Miller

Decent way to start here but we have to get better this offseason. Pretty sure Cleary gets resigned for dirt cheap

#1012 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Who does?

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#1013 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

I'm just glad I'm not 10 years younger.  I took losses a lot worse then.

Now I'm fuming, but nothing near what I'd be back then in college.  Good thing I couldn't post on LGW back then.   :lol:   

You were 'likes to fight' guy weren't ya:)

#1014 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

I'm not sure which Seabrook goal would have been more heartbreaking. Kudos to the boys but it was still a f****** disaster to lose this series.

Edited by hankzet40, 29 May 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#1015 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Filppula - Goodbye

Frangelina - Goodbye (see ya in Vancouver)

Cleary - Goodbye

Bertuzzi - Goodbye

Samuelsson - Goodbye

This team is a dire need of TWO top 6 scorers....and someone to give Kronwall a blanket party to wake his ass up! Hello! You are the #1 guy here, PLAY LIKE IT!

on a side note, so glad I don't have to stop complaining about "The Choice"

I agree with all of those, Flip can stay if he wants to be the 3rd line center..we need to find a 2nd line center...I like Sammy and Bert but clearly Bert's back is a mess and at his age isn't going to get much better and Sammy just had a crap run of luck this year with injuries. Cleary is a warrior but just can't keep up for long periods of time..worked his ass of though.  Franzen could get traded, its a pretty reasonable contract ..he's never going to play until the end of it so someone is going to only have to take that hit for 2-3 years. Need a top 6 guy and a top 6/9 guy.  Cant wait to watch Gus play a full season next year. 

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#1016 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Even if we won I am not so sure I would have enjoyed playing the Kings. They are big, strong and Quick is unreal right now...

This. While it would feel freaking awesome right now to have beaten the Hawks tonight, we would have an even taller mountain to climb playing another series out West. Also, if we had won we would have to turn around and fly out to LA since game 1 would've been on Friday night

and Flip probably wouldn't be available, and Helm and DeKeyser are still out, etc. etc.

#1017 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Please. Read my posts in the Fil thread. I may be a Flip slappy, but I recognize he wasn't nearly as good as he should have, could have, or needed to be this season. Just because I defend him when people say stupid things like he was absolute s*** or we lost nothing without him, doesn't mean I think he is god's gift to hockey, like Eva thinks of Hudler.

Will you still post here if Flip is gone next year?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1018 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Fair enough. At least he still has a fan sticking up for him.

#1019 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,247 posts

Just as well rather have been swept, no all we get to hear about is the epic comeback by the Hawks...gurgle gurgle...

Somewhere in New York City I can picture Uncle Gary:

mrburnswallpapern.gif

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#1020 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Ok let's see a weakest Red Wings team in last 20 years was one goal away from making WCF playing against both #2 and #1 seeds and without 2 very important players is supposed to be choking...come on

Great Playoffs for the team and coaching stuff...Ken Holland,it's your time shine.

Signed Pasha,Z and LGW members

I'm really not holding my breath with Holland. I don't think four years of consistently NOT making any significant moves besides sitting next to retiring legends and stars in press conferences is going to change. I hope I'm wrong, but I was hoping I was wrong about still being worried about Chicago this whole time too, and that didn't turn out too well. I just hope we don't overpay Flip. I think I'd rather have Cleary back cheap than pay Flip $5 million, and that's saying a whole lot.
-Elliot...does not panic.