Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#1041 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

I think San Jose and LA were the two best teams all playoffs Hawks will have a tough time I think LA in 5 or 6

#1042 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Extra big thanks to Mikey and Flashy for making the GDT all season long and playoffs, putting their photoshop skills to work for the greater good. Thanks to both of you guys.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#1043 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Wasn't Cleary the leader in points this series?

:)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1044 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

He didn't over spend a dime at the deadline and we were within one goal of making it to the conference finals against a team that I think we would've beat. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

So, what if he pulls the trigger on Jagr, we win this series, win the next and make it to the Cup Finals? With a little more offense, I think that's a real possibility. Sure, no guarantees, can't say it enough, but just a little more offense and with the way these playoffs have been going, we might've had a shot at going all the way. So is a potential shot at the Cup not worth gambling a bit on? After all, draft picks offer no guarantees either.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#1045 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,415 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Utlimately, I'll be cheering for the Bruins to win the Cup

#1046 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,850 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

This isn't as gut-wretching defeat as I thought it'd be. It the back of mind I never really thought we had a Cup winning team this year and I doubt most did (at least until we were 3-1 up on Chicago then I guess you can start thinking about it) I think it was a success to make the playoffs this year, the 2nd round was a bonus. The young players made strides this year and I'm excited about our future. I hope we cut the deadweight and make good decisions this off season. We can be a contender as soon as next season. Looking back I think we could be proud of our boys to push the number 1 seed to a game seven and look at this season as a vital building block for the next generation of Red Wing success.

Call me crazy, but if we won this series (which we almost did), I would feel like we had a Cup winning team.  Didn't feel that way earlier of course, but anything could have happened if we scored that goal in OT.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1047 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

This will just make beating s*** out of the Hawks for the cup next year even more sweet!

#1048 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

I'm off for awhile, because frankly I'm not going to be able to stand all the yelling and finger-pointing. Call me self-righteous, but I think that along with your understandable disappointment, some of you could stand to show a bit of gratitude for a team that greatly overachieved.

Adios.

Adios.   And your statement goes for Cleary and all the rest of them too, right?   Have a fruitful time off.  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1049 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

But.... It just hurts so bad.

I hear you dude. I feel like crying. And im a 37 year old grown man. But the smile on Stevie's face in 97 made me cry too. And its worth 20 seasons of losses for that one moment when your guys beat 4 teams and skate with Lord Stanley. 5 more months and our year begins!!!

#1050 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

I was leaving this mess 20 minutes ago but my juvenile temper is taking over...time to go play with the kids.  Have a good one. 

You too, puckbags.   :thumbup:

#1051 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

Wasn't Cleary the leader in points this series?

What's sad about this statement is how shocked we are about this. If he played better everyone would have been chanting Cleary's name. He was GOD AWFUL and would always find a way to choke on HUGE moments. He could have easily tipped this series in our favor if he capitalized on the truck tons of chances and not make as many terrible mistakes/plays with/without the puck. The fact that he is point leader shows us how bad our offense is/was.

40 for life.

#1052 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

If anything that is an argument FOR making the trade. We lost. but Jagr might have put us over the top, and that is the point of deadline trades.

Hey, we agree in something. On that note, I'd be fine if Flip stayed for $3 million or so. That's the best I can do. And I think it's tough to argue that he deserves a raise from this team given how all has gone down. But at the right price, he'd still be good to have around.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#1053 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Its weird way to end a weird season. This is pretty much the exact same team we'll see next year, can they do it again? How will we fare in the Eastern Conference? Glad we have Jimmy. 

#1054 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

The most sad thing is that this team was probably 1-2 rental players away from going to the end :eh:

#1055 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

What's sad about this statement is how shocked we are about this. If he played better everyone would have been chanting Cleary's name. He was GOD AWFUL and would always find a way to choke on HUGE moments. He could have easily tipped this series in our favor if he capitalized on the truck tons of chances and not make as many terrible mistakes/plays with/without the puck. The fact that he is point leader shows us how bad our offense is/was.

What player were you watching? Cleary player with heart and put everything he had out there.  He's not supposed to be a leading scorer. Yes, we need more offense, but talk the about the guys that didn't score if that's your point. Not the guy who outplayed his role

#1056 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

Babs: We have to improve our hockey team. We need more to compete consistently.

Up to you now, Kenny. Babs has certainly done his job. Now give him an upgraded roster to work with.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#1057 MSG

MSG

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

No mention of Ken Holland being replaced? That's really incredible. This team has very limited skilled players and he's the one that did absolutely nothing at the trading deadline and telling the media that "we're happy with our current team!. Sure, Ken........if you're not interested in being a contender. Which they're obviously not. He's both responsible and accountable for the lack of skill on this team. With the exception of maybe a half dozen players, Babcock had little to work with. That was also obvious.

#1058 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

well if nothing else the kids got a lot of invaluable experience this run

Smith, Kindl, Andersson, Brunner, Nyqvist, Emmerton- a little bit for Lashoff, DeKeyser got a brief taste

as they say, losing is the best teacher and hopefully the guys grow from it

like a lot of other folks here, I think we should let Flip go, he made himself expendable

also should jettison Cleary, Bert, Sammy,  & White though 2 of those still have contracts

would also like to see Mule gone, he's gonna be 34 by year's end and he's a shell of his former playoff self and likely will never get to that level again

anyway, still proud of our guys this year and hope to take the East by storm in the fall!

LGW!!!

#1059 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 401 posts

And its times like these I pick you up and say I cant wait to cheer for the Wings with you next year. Keep your chin up. This team is rebuilding FAST on the fly. The league has definitely taken notice.

You know what, axe? You're alright.

#1060 wheelchairwing

wheelchairwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Well ... we lost ... life goes on ... great game .... great experience for our team, Not sad, mad, or much of anything except proud ...yeah, I know we were up 3-1 ... that is just the way it goes ... oh well ... GO WINGS!