Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#1061 redhasek2013

redhasek2013

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Detroit should have played #44 and others. Anyways it was a great playoff run. We did things that we weren't supposed to do. Like make the playoffs make the 2nd round and such. I wish the CHI Blackhawks and the L.A. Kings all the best of luck! Go Kings! And Go Boston!  

#1062 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Extremely disappointed, but very proud of this team in rebuilding on the fly. Looking to see big steps next year, in a brand new division, in a brand new conference. I have no real preference in who wins the Cup, as long as it's not Chicago or Pittsburgh.

#1063 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

i knew the red wings were done after game 4. i just knew it.

way to blow a 3-1 series lead. i see nothing but disappointment for the red wings in the next 10 years. and nothing but dynasty for the penguins.

have fun golfing red wings! 

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24, 29 May 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#1064 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

Trying like heck to stifle my emotions. After all, the guys that just choked away a 3-1 game lead will wake up tomorrow, continue to receive their million dollar checks throughout the summer, and drive their luxury suv's to the finest golf courses money can buy, while the rest of us will have to get up tomorrow, go to our s*** jobs, and have to remain civil throughout the day, knowing that if we screw up something even a fraction of a degree as bad as some of the Wings did, we'll get our asses fired. Get pissed? You bet! Get sad and weepy? Hell no!

And thanks, John Keating, for not asking Mike Babcock about injuries during the series. What a dork!

Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#1065 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

No mention of Ken Holland being replaced? That's really incredible. This team has very limited skilled players and he's the one that did absolutely nothing at the trading deadline and telling the media that "we're happy with our current team!. Sure, Ken........if you're not interested in being a contender. Which they're obviously not. He's both responsible and accountable for the lack of skill on this team. With the exception of maybe a half dozen players, Babcock had little to work with. That was also obvious.

I would be perfectly ok with holland getting replaced. I just try not to get too worked up about it because it's never going to happen. Unfortunately, babs pretty much validated what Kenny's been saying all season, "Anything can happen in the playoffs, just look at the kings." I can just hear him know, "I think we've got a real good team, we came within one goal of beating the president's trophy champs."

#1066 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

i knew the red wings were done after game 4. i just knew it.

way to blow a 3-1 series lead. i see nothing but disappointment for the red wings in the next 10 years. and nothing but dynasty for the penguins.

have fun golfing red wings! 

LOL.

You've been reading my posts over the years, Ryan.  But you have to be more subtle.

Just say that Carey Price would have made that last save.     

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1067 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

This is how i guage it:
Would I have bet my whole year's salary for the wings to win?
If I didn't then I can't be a hypocrite. No one gave us a chance. Just imagine the pain in their locker room.
They gave it their all and I saw it today. I can't be upset or even sad at the outcome.

#1068 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

Tough pill to swallow but it's sports.

Still proud of our team how we played these playoffs.

Looking forward to the future.

#1069 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Will Andrew Shaw get a call from Dept of Player Safety?

#1070 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Anyone's opinion of Toews changed this series? I never knew him to be such a whiny brat. Great leader that guy. On another note reports of Kane maturing seem to be true. I can't remember one problem I had with him all series.

#1071 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Will Andrew Shaw get a call from Dept of Player Safety?

I hope he does everyone was reporting it except, nbc haha

Edit: but who knows the league really gives the benefit of the doubt when it looks like an "accident". Like perry kneeing howard in the head....

Edited by MTU_Huskies963, 29 May 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#1072 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

No mention of Ken Holland being replaced? That's really incredible. This team has very limited skilled players and he's the one that did absolutely nothing at the trading deadline and telling the media that "we're happy with our current team!. Sure, Ken........if you're not interested in being a contender. Which they're obviously not. He's both responsible and accountable for the lack of skill on this team. With the exception of maybe a half dozen players, Babcock had little to work with. That was also obvious.

K obviously you haven't been watching hockey the last month and been in a coma because THIS TEAM is and can be a contender when guys like dekeyser and helm get back not to mention amazing full season play by goose and hopfully tatar your looking at an elite bunch of guys.....we were 1 goal away from playing the defending champs in the conference final get a grip and stop the whining just because we didn't win doesn't mean we aren't good enough and ken Holland is not smart

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#1073 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

I'll just leave this here.

https://vine.co/v/bYv2x32e0JP

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1074 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

BTW, would anyone else feel a little worse about winning because of the waved off goal earlier?

I'd have to hear that for the rest of my life from Hawks fans.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1075 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

We'll see in just a month. I can't imagine that he'd sit on his hands after all of this. Babs has been vocal about his displeasure concerning the roster and will be again for sure, and the pressure will be on to improve things. This time is different, because they almost missed the playoffs and really could have beaten the Hawks if they had a deeper team. Its obvious to the entire hockey world. 

If he doesn't do anything...I agree, he should retire. 

#1076 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Anyone's opinion of Toews changed this series? I never knew him to be such a whiny brat. Great leader that guy. On another note reports of Kane maturing seem to be true. I can't remember one problem I had with him all series.

other than that drawn on "beard" of his, he wasn't too bad- just his usual cherry-picking douchey self

but yeah Toews took a page out of cry baby Crosby's book, disappointing to see

#1077 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

:clap: :lol:

Of course Pierre will tell this story to his grandkids saying because Z refused his interview the hockey gods were against the Wings.

BTW, would anyone else feel a little worse about winning because of the waved off goal earlier?

I'd have to hear that for the rest of my life from Hawks fans.  

Let's just say if that call was against us I'd be a little more than upset.

#1078 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Well honestly he stopped whining after that meltdown and just fought through it. As for Kane, he looks so calm and dangerous with the puck, and invisible without the puck. If that kid had a two way game I'd consider him elite.

#1079 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

I saw that lol

#1080 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Well honestly he stopped whining after that meltdown and just fought through it. As for Kane, he looks so calm and dangerous with the puck, and invisible without the puck. If that kid had a two way game I'd consider him elite.

I don't know, he still did some little things that bothered me. That sly trip on Anderson near the end of the 3rd (CBC mentioned it), his reaction to the no goal. Nothing major but when you add it to the earlier stuff from the series it kind of leaves a bad taste. I agree about Kane every time he had the puck in the offensive zone he was doing something silky smooth.